Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2019, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So allow for the Avengers to be not of just the 4 movies but also allow to talk of say Thor Trilogy or Cap’s Trilogy or any of the other individual movies

I was thinking Music but more of Tony’s cause a lot of AC/DC plays so maybe combined of his own individual music plus character where maybe we can speak of the genre that AC/DC comes from of what else Tony May like
Old 09-04-2019, 09:10 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Im with Mel on no general MCU thread. If you want to talk about others in the Avengers thread, I guess. Just nit sute why. We have an OT thread you can post in.

As for music, RDJ singing could be okay. But Tony liking music? Would go in the IM or general Tony threads. Dont think much of a topic for Tony liking music is gonna get discussed.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Sarah, I think you overthink things just a little bit. Just let the posting happen naturally. I figured The Avengers thread was about all The Avengers in general, not just the 4 movies, but I might be wrong. There’s also a lot of relationship threads that are here (Benedict, Chris, Tom) where news about them & discussions about them can be put in those threads.

As for the music, I meant to post this here, in case anyone wanted to know more about his album:

The Futurist (Robert Downey Jr. album) - Wikipedia

But, I figured the music thread would be a general thread, RDJ & otherwise, so there wouldn’t need to be two separate music threads. Again, not necessary. The Tony & AC/DC could probably be easily discussed in Tony’s thread or Iron Man-related threads. (What Jackie said! )

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 09-04-2019, 09:22 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
I figured The Avengers thread was about all The Avengers in general, not just the 4 movies, but I might be wrong.
The Avengers thread is mostly for the movies since that's a project RDJ was a part of. There's no need to discuss Thor or Guardians on this board, unless it's like you said in the Chris & RDJ discussion thread.

I'm good with a general RDJ music thread and agree that Tony & his love for music would go into Tony thread.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

co-mod Jess

I know one of my faults is over-thinking but yet I still do it especially with new boards and I know I can be annoying about that fact

I figured Tony + music would be movie or character thread(s) but cause you brought up RDJ doing music wanted to mention about music in the Tony related movies/scenes and discussing what he may like

Now about the MCU not including Tony guess will just have to see what happens like you said, let the posting flow as it may. I just wanted to mention a thread cause I know many boards have them we’ve got ours on Chris and believe a lot of the Arrowverse have them. Talk of other DC shows like LoT would have that thread and talk any DC oroject
Old 09-04-2019, 09:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
we’ve got ours on Chris and believe a lot of the Arrowverse have them. Talk of other DC shows like LoT would have that thread and talk any DC oroject
Tv Shows having those kind of threads are more logical though because the topic itself is part of the bigger universe. A DCTV thread on Arrowverse for example makes sense, they influence each other and mention each other but in a whole it's still something different. We already have threads for every part of MCU that RDJ is a part of. If you wish to discuss other aspects of the MCU, there are other boards specifically for that and as mentioned before, if it would be about RDJ's character being mentioned in those projects, we have plently of relationship threads that I'm sure cover that.

No matter what it would remain an off-topic thread, the topic being RDJ and I'm not sure why we'd need that.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

http://www.fanforum.com/f530/futuris.../#post98579883 - added!

Sarah, no worries. We all have our own quirks. You just have to remember that what may work on one board, might not work, or be what’s best for another board. Remember, the Last Two Letter game thread on Chris’ board? Somehow, Pratt’s board has gotten to 7 threads of that, but we couldn’t even get past 2 threads? Every board is different, so you just have to kinda play things by ear when it comes to new boards. Trust me, I’ve MST’d enough new boards over the last 4+ years to know & see that every new board does things differently, even they’re from similar genres.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Co-Mod yea we did have difficultly with that thread and ended up closing it after getting stuck too much

Are the following dynamics more just to see how much discussion in the Tony + other characters wanted to check cause didn’t see them listed in the board guide

- Coulson
- Fury
- Wanda
Old 09-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I would think those could be discussed in the General Tony or The Avengers threads.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Are the following dynamics more just to see how much discussion in the Tony + other characters
Yes.

Also just want to mention, while new threads may be fun, a lot of them end up being dead or nearly dead and once a thread is opened, you cannot just close it. People get careful about opening threads for that reason, among other things.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by In My Blood (View Post)
I would think those could be discussed in the General Tony or The Avengers threads.
Well there also is the Tony + other characters which is why I asked so know where to talk about them especially Tony with Coulson or Fury
Old 09-04-2019, 11:22 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Just talk about it in whichever thread. There's always some overlap when it involves the same character. If what you want to talk about doesn't fit in the discussion thread, I'm sure someone will point it out and direct you to a more fitting one.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris (View Post)
Yes.

Also just want to mention, while new threads may be fun, a lot of them end up being dead or nearly dead and once a thread is opened, you cannot just close it. People get careful about opening threads for that reason, among other things.
I agree with this. And I think the Tony + other characters thread is perfect to discuss Tony's relationship with characters that he didn't interact as much as he did with the others. We don't need threads for Tony + every single one of them, at least not until we are sure that people would love to discuss those relationships more.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris (View Post)
Yes.

Yeah, I have a lot of “dead threads” at my Reality TV board. That’s why it’s always suggested to ask to start a new thread on boards. I get where Sarah’s coming from (wanting to make sure all basis are covered), but like you said, Mel, topics can easily be redirected to other threads, if necessary.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:14 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by In My Blood (View Post)
Yeah, I have a lot of “dead threads” at my Reality TV board. That’s why it’s always suggested to ask to start a new thread on boards. I get where Sarah’s coming from (wanting to make sure all basis are covered), but like you said, Mel, topics can easily be redirected to other threads, if necessary.
I think it's safe to say, and as said before, that for now we have all our bases covered.