Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2022, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah even if Nancy wasn't going to be with Ace, someone her own age would be so much better.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

The sad thing is...outside of Nick and obviously Ace...the other guys they gave her on the show (not counting Trevor/Parker) are WAY too old for her!

I just don't get it???
Old 03-18-2022, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah her Nick relationship doesn't even look bad in hindsight. They were incompatible but at least he wasn't a creep. And they still had their drama. If they wanted Nancy to be with guys they could have just done relationships like that.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
If they wanted Nancy to be with guys they could have just done relationships like that.
Like I saw a comment from that Twitter thing today and Noga said something about how she just wanted Nancy to have sex...and I was like....couldn't she just have had with age-appropriate men??

I mean there's a college nearby? The one George is going to...surely there's guys there??? Or even just local guys?
Old 03-18-2022, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I definitely don't have a problem with her having sex but it would be better if it were with guys her age. There have to be plenty of young local guys?
Old 03-18-2022, 09:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
There have to be plenty of young local guys?
Yup!

But they use her love life to push the current plot so that pretty much explains it. Except for the slow burn with Ace...every other love interest has been tied to a specific plot.

Nick- Tiffany's murder / Josh
Owen- Tiffany's murder / The Bonny Scot / The Aglaeca
Gil- The Wraith
Tamura- Everett Hudson (see also Park's plot)
Park- Frozen Hearts Killer / Tempe

ETA: You can't really have a college kid tied to these plots. They were able to do it once with Nick...but that's it.

Last edited by broken crown; 03-18-2022 at 10:01 PM
Old 03-18-2022, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold-steps (View Post)
Yeah I definitely don't have a problem with her having sex but it would be better if it were with guys her age. There have to be plenty of young local guys?
You would think so
Old 03-19-2022, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Like I saw a comment from that Twitter thing today and Noga said something about how she just wanted Nancy to have sex...and I was like....couldn't she just have had with age-appropriate men??

I mean there's a college nearby? The one George is going to...surely there's guys there??? Or even just local guys?
Exactly messing with age appropriate guys doesn’t mean apologizing for your sexuality.
Old 03-19-2022, 04:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Exactly messing with age appropriate guys doesn’t mean apologizing for your sexuality.
Exactly. It just means...reality??
Old 03-19-2022, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

That's a good point about the plot! I guess it would be harder to work young guys into that. But yeah I kind of like that they let Nancy have sex since they never would have let her in the books but they could definitely do it with people her age.
Old 03-19-2022, 07:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
But yeah I kind of like that they let Nancy have sex since they never would have let her in the books but they could definitely do it with people her age.
That's probably the reason...but in the back of their mind's she is also their self-insert and that probably explains all the way older men.
Old 03-19-2022, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

I'm listening to the Twitter space rn and Noga basically says that. They wanted Nancy to do all the things she couldn't do when the character was first created
Old 03-19-2022, 07:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

I really hope one day someone asks them why they throw all these older men at Nancy instead of guys who are age appropriate. I TRULY DO.
Old 03-22-2022, 09:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

I think her blonde hair looks great! I'm guessing she won't dye it back until right before they start filming Season 4.
Old 03-22-2022, 10:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Yup!

But they use her love life to push the current plot so that pretty much explains it. Except for the slow burn with Ace...every other love interest has been tied to a specific plot.

Nick- Tiffany's murder / Josh
Owen- Tiffany's murder / The Bonny Scot / The Aglaeca
Gil- The Wraith
Tamura- Everett Hudson (see also Park's plot)
Park- Frozen Hearts Killer / Tempe

ETA: You can't really have a college kid tied to these plots. They were able to do it once with Nick...but that's it.
And I mentioned a while ago that if they're desperate for her to bone someone in law enforcement. There are fresh rookies and police cadets who are her peers. The guy could also be the son of a detective. That's actually hilarious because her true love is the son of a retired law man. I don't mind sex, but so far Nancy's sex is never just sex. She was hooking up with Nick because she was depressed over her mother's death. She was hooking up with Owen because she found out the shocking truth about her birth. Didn't they have sex after the twist? She was going to go to New York with him to get away from Carson and the secret. Hooking up with Gil again because she's depressed and the Wraith is feeding on that. That problematic Tamura thing happens while she's overcome with lust from the dress. We just talked about the Park sex situation.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread