Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2022, 01:30 PM
Addicted Fan

The money order would be worth two dollars. They deserve nothing more. What's up with her expression?
Old 10-01-2022, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

She doesn't look too pleased

Spoiler:
Old 10-01-2022, 06:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
What's up with her expression?
Maybe it's a reverse of this scene...only she looks more angsty.

Iris:

Spoiler:
Old 10-01-2022, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh I love the library scenes I'd love for a good re-creation of them

Spoiler:
Old 10-01-2022, 07:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

That scene will always be classic! I know I've said this over and over again...but it was after watching 1x14 that I really felt they would be perfect for each other.

Spoiler:
Old 10-01-2022, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think that was the episode that really made me love them too. They just work so well together
Old 10-02-2022, 08:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

They do! And they (we) deserve so much more. *SIGH*

The writers reallllly screwed up in S3. They just literally had NO CLUE what they were doing and it was this patchwork mess.
Old 10-02-2022, 08:53 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah even the mystery was better in season 1. Not to mention watching the relationships start to build. We didn't get any of that in season 3.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

One of the main things that screwed it up was Park…because they had to bend over backwards to include him in the plot and then force the hookup with Nancy. Another was they had no concept of pacing. Period.
Old 10-02-2022, 12:14 PM
Addicted Fan

1x14 is such a great scene. Of course, we got nothing as great as that in S3. They had moments, but nothing like 1x14. As much as we love the love scene, it wasn't even real. The neck kissing in 3x04 wasn't real. It's insane that a plot device was put above them touching lips for real in S3! Now, I know why Elvis shot at the TV.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

There was basically nothing real in Season 3 except Ace confessing his feelings. All that other stuff was in Nancy's head. Like they were hot, lovely scenes...but they were all in her head.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

I did love the scene of Ace confessing That was like the one bright spot. But yeah otherwise nothing that was really real.
Old 10-02-2022, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Fanforum used to be SOOOO different in the old days pre-social media. This place would have been crazy instead of our little safe haven!
Even in the GG years when social media was beginning to gain popularity (circa '08//09, even some of the 2010s), was crazy. The main spoiler board for example? (nowhere near the tangled mess that was the OTH spoiler stuff on here I managed to look at a few times, but still insane) But yeah, it does seem like everyone took their opinions to either Twitter or Tumblr because some of the stuff I read there reads a lot like the stuff that used to be on this site. That's fine though. It means we get a nice, quiet bubble .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 10-02-2022, 08:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

It was such a beautiful moment, even though they screwed up with that whole development too.

Like...there were little scenes of Ace regarding his feelings for Nancy throughout the first part of the season...like "silence doesn't mean he's not thinking about you", all the stuff in 3x03 and 3x04, 3x05, the Ryan/Ace scenes in 3x07 and 3x08...but then...it was like...instead of naturally building up to some kind of great acceptance of his feelings...they had to use the Park nonsense to inorganically push the plot. They were never going to let Nancy and Ace meet up that night. EVER. It was all a set-up so Nancy could hook up with Park guilt-free...even though I think it makes her look horrible that she didn't care about her friend when so much stuff was going on around town. I don't think I'll ever forgive the writers for that...and honestly I'm still mad at Nancy for that.

The writers were SOOO obsessed with some nonsensical love triangle...that they ruined their own show. And then when they were writing the finale...they went...YIKES...we screwed this up...LET'S DO SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT INSTEAD! and then you can tell later on they got reallll nervous with all the CW ~drama because they weren't renewed yet and the show could have ended like that...but it doesn't look like they took any of that to heart for S4 either...so You can't force someone to learn something after all! .

I'll say this a million times...Nancy and Ace should have gotten together in 3x13 FOR REAL. They could have kept the other cliffhangers...but Temperance should have been killed by the Copperhead...and there should have been no curse. The whole thing is BS and I'm so, so, so tired of all this meaningless "angst" because the writers are too cowardly to write Nancy in a real relationship with Ace.

ETA: Andrea! OMG...sometimes I go back and read the whole spoiler threads for laughs!!!
Old 10-02-2022, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
ETA: Andrea! OMG...sometimes I go back and read the whole spoiler threads for laughs!!!
Hey S! I do that too sometimes and end up falling down the rabbit hole. It's hilarious. Spoilers were such serious business.

Quote:
The writers were SOOO obsessed with some nonsensical love triangle...that they ruined their own show. And then when they were writing the finale...they went...YIKES...we screwed this up...LET'S DO SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT INSTEAD!
Yup. It's so obvious that's what happened .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Closed Thread   Post New Thread