Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2022, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah there is nooooo way it should last the whole season. They really need to get real world Nace, especially since season 5 is looking less certain.
Old 06-05-2022, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

maybe they'll solve it by mid-season?
Old 06-05-2022, 07:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I honestly hope so! I really, really do...but these writers tend to be super weird.

A couple of years ago when I caught up toward the end of Season 1 and started shipping Nace...I thought well maybe sometime in Season 2, they would get together. I NEVER thought in a million years that we'd be on Season 4 and we STILL haven't gotten true canon Nace. They haven't even really kissed yet. That was all in Nancy's head. Ace has no clue what's going on and there's so much relevant information he doesn't have.

They are SUPER LUCKY they got Season 4. I really hope they TRULY understand that and quit messing around.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

I kind of thought it would be a slow burn but I thought we'd get something in like season 2 too. Season 4 is sooo long to wait.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Also, the fandom at large needs to be way more grateful that we got another season instead of acting like this is going to be a 10 season show and there's all this time for nonsense.
Exactly. I think some in the fandom are taking it for granted that this show will be around a while. Very few shows these days go past 5/6 seasons. Because of that, there's no more time for nonsense plots.

Also, why do people still rank 3x10 on their list of favorite episodes? It was a trainwreck aside from a few moments. The OOC stuff is so hard for me to overlook.

Quote:
They are SUPER LUCKY they got Season 4. I really hope they TRULY understand that and quit messing around.
I really hope they do. I'd hate for them to waste this chance they've been given.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 06-05-2022, 08:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Andrea: How are you?

Quote:
Also, why do people still rank 3x10 on their list of favorite episodes?
I HONESTLY don't know. The Nace hug at the end was sweet...but that was NOTHING in compared to the other BS they pulled. 3x09 was this HUGE cliffhanger and 3x10 barely had Ace in it along with nobody caring about what happened to him...especially Nancy and Bess. If I was Ace...I'd be pissed and seriously consider not being friends with them anymore. He could have died if it wasn't for the Morse Code thing (which I'm guessing was supposed to be this "super epic moment" and it was a good moment...but it doesn't excuse the rest of the BS).

The fact of the matter is they wanted Nancy to hook up with Park in the closet...so they had to write backwards and get her in there. The Nancy I know never would have given up on Ace like that. The Nancy I know would have been worried about his safety and not believe he stood her up when they live in HB?!!! With all the supernatural craziness going around? AND A SERIAL KILLER?!!? Or have George be the writer's mouthpiece to "excuse" the BS lopsided "love triangle"?? Or Bess not caring where her plantachor was all episode?! GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK!

It. was. a. dumpster. fire. Plain and simple.

The goldfish BS was not needed. PERIOD.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Doing okay S, how are you?

Ugh, the closet . The morse code moment and the hug were great moments, but the closet, and everyone's behavior being changed just to make that moment possible, just ruins it all.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I'm okay. Tomorrow is Monday though.

There are some people who don't care who Nancy sleeps with because Nace are soulmates. Like good for them...but I didn't need to see any of that. I could maybe understand if it was her high school ex or something (although not with Ace missing or being in danger)...but just as a general rule. Not some way older dude she JUST MET who is basically her supervisor. The show had to essentially change for the worse in order to cater to this nonsensical "relationship".
Old 06-05-2022, 09:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Those are the writers favorite fans. The ones who feed their delusions. Who would call 3x10 amazing because they accept anything. I would hate for Nace to be my first failed ship because the series was cancelled before they ever got together. All because TPTB played stupid games and lost like always. But let's hope that doesn't happen and they actually understand how lucky they were to get an S4.
Old 06-05-2022, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

Ugh Monday . Then on Tuesday I'm getting my teeth cleaned. Fun times ahead.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Also, why do people still rank 3x10 on their list of favorite episodes?
I don't get that at all. It makes 0.00% sense to me. It was a horrible episode that undermined everything the show stood for: the drew crew friendship, platanchors, made nancy look like she only cared about the D and not her friends feelings. Don't even get me started on the hot mess that was nick and george.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Don't even get me started on the hot mess that was nick and george.
I forgot about their subplot, then I remember it was their break up. Were you not a fan of the writers using a cheap plot device like a truth spell to break them up? And it wasn't even a "truth spell" because everyone in the freaking room would be spilling their guts not just the main characters, one time villain and Connor. 3x10 will remain the worst episode of the series no matter what the drones say.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 06-06-2022 at 04:43 PM
Old 06-06-2022, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
I forgot about their subplot, then I remember it was their break up. Were you not a fan of the writers using a cheap plot device like a truth spell to break them up? And it wasn't even a "truth spell" because everyone in the freaking room would be spilling their guts not just the main characters, one time villain and Connor. 3x10 will remain the worst episodes of the series no matter what the drones say.
I was mad that they used George wanting to **** other men as an excuse to break them up. I get them not wanting to get married.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I was mad that they used George wanting to **** other men as an excuse to break them up. I get them not wanting to get married.
I actually was fine with her wanting to date other people because she's only 19.
Old 06-06-2022, 07:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I don't get that at all. It makes 0.00% sense to me. It was a horrible episode that undermined everything the show stood for: the drew crew friendship, platanchors, made nancy look like she only cared about the D and not her friends feelings. Don't even get me started on the hot mess that was nick and george.
This is a truly masterful summary of that dumpster fire. I think I'm going to screenshot it and keep it forever.

Quote:
I actually was fine with her wanting to date other people because she's only 19.
It's fine, but they made it seem like that was the only reason she broke up with Nick. Their whole "break-up" wasn't framed very well. They should have broken up in 3x09 and just said they were too young to get married and that they rushed into things before they fully dealt with their individual traumas. Instead, it made it seem like George just wanted to sleep around because Nick wasn't doing it for her anymore.