Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2021, 06:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
I get what they were going for with the Bobbseys and Amanda COULD have been a better character if she was written better and played by a stronger actor. They also didn't know how they wanted to dress her either...and why was she working with Gil in 2x01 to sell the mirror to the DC...but then later on said she wasn't Gil's "partner"?!?! Bad writing???
Hell, I still don't know how Ace & Amanda got money for their road trip. It's not like they planned this trip for awhile. Didn't Gil steal her savings or something? I have small soft spot for her.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Wasn't she saving her money for Europe though? Maybe Ace paid for the trip? Or they're really not going to spend a lot of money?? I don't think we're supposed to think about it that hard because it was plot point created specifically for the finale cliffhanger of Nancy realizing her feelings and going to his doorstep before finding out he already left.

This road trip was never mentioned in earlier episodes. I have no idea when it was even discussed by Ace and Amanda. It must have been prior to the events of 2x17...because why would Ace plan a road trip when Nancy was dying? I guess we're just supposed to suspend our disbelief even though I don't think it makes much sense.

ALSO...it's supposed to be like late November on the show? So he's just skipping Thanksgiving and his parents are okay with that???

I just think the show only remember the date when it's significant to the plot...but their math in general is really "suspicious".

New gifs:

Old 07-26-2021, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like you can take a road trip for fairly cheap.

The timeline of the show is weird. I guess he would be missing Thanksgiving. Though the writers as probably bad at math as we learned from Ace's age

Those look nice!
Old 07-26-2021, 07:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Though the writers as probably bad at math as we learned from Ace's age
That's what I was hinting at too. In the actual original Pilot script he's 21 and then McGinnis infers he's 21 in early Season 1...but then in Season 2...it's slightly retconned when they bring in Grant because it seems like he's supposed to be 21 too?? IDK. Ace is just ageless at this point. He's nameless and ageless.

Also...it's late November, but also like summer? They should have just let normal time pass by instead of all of this ~weird math. So, is the entire show supposed to be the story of Nancy's gap year?

I mean...unless this show does a massive time jump....or Nancy leaves for college for a semester...only to come back and say "she's not going back" and will instead do online courses/go to school locally...will time ever actually move significantly??

And thanks! There's not alot of stuff for me to gif in 2x16 or 2x17. At least Ace is in 2x16 a little more though. I still don't understand his lack of screentime in 2x17 other than maybe there was already too many characters in it...but they easily could have had him at the HS with everyone else. It's just weird.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I honestly think they just got confused but they did kinda screw up Ace's age. I think things got weird with them trying to keep it all in 2019 Nancy's gap year. Also that is an isane amount of things to happen in a year.

Yeah I feel like they would have to have her go away for a bit to get time to move significantly (if they want that)

It was a little weird! I remember thinking he wasn't in 2x17 since he would be in the finale a lot but I guess he wasn't really.
Old 07-26-2021, 08:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

I think the writers were just depriving us of Ace on purpose.

But yeah...I noticed they played a little more fast and loose with stuff in Season 2 than they did in Season 1. I think in Season 1...they were interested in seeding all the clues for the parentage reveal and then later the Aglaeca...but in Season 2...everything was in service to the Wraith twist. Although there really is no excuse for messing up Ace's age when they already knew it. All they had to do was make Grant a couple of years older. *SIGH*
Old 07-26-2021, 11:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold-steps (View Post)
I feel like you can take a road trip for fairly cheap.

The timeline of the show is weird. I guess he would be missing Thanksgiving. Though the writers as probably bad at math as we learned from Ace's age

Those look nice!
It depends on what the plan is. The timeline is alien and I will still make fun of it when the series has ended. I still clown OTH's timeline. Many people added OTH to the "Floating Timeline" section.

Those are pretty.
Old 07-27-2021, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Just started a new fic and updated my 40s one

https://smgrace3.tumblr.com/post/657...ton-nancy-drew

A Little Birdy Told Me
Old 07-27-2021, 05:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Great job Shu!!!!

Quote:
The timeline is alien and I will still make fun of it when the series has ended.
Old 07-27-2021, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

At the alien timeline.

Those were both great Shu!
Old 07-27-2021, 07:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

So what you said on Ace's thread about him wearing his 2x12 jacket for this first kiss.

I also have this idea in my mind about them kissing for the first time while wearing formal wear from Nick and George's wedding. Like everything goes south and Nancy ends up at the Bluffs and Ace finds her and [And then they try to go to her house to continue...but "stuff is happening" and they can't....or like they're stumbling into the door and like Ryan is there on the couch or something and complains about how he owes Bess money now. )
Old 07-27-2021, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

Oh that would be so cute! She goes to the bluffs and it's a little chilly there so he puts his jacket around her (I am always a sucker for that move) and they kiss ( at the smiliey by the way) I would love for it go to a little farther at that point But maybe the wedding got interrupted by a ghost so they have to deal with that or Nancy finds Ryan at home
Old 07-27-2021, 08:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Like I have this really clear image in my mind regarding that. Maybe I should write a fic cause I seriously doubt it'll happen like I think it will.

But like they go to Nancy's house because no one is supposed to be home...but Ryan is there alone for some reason??? And like they don't even notice he's there when clothes start coming off (not too many clothes...but enough for the implication to be made).

ALTHOUGH...I really do think their first kiss will be at the Bluffs...like in Nancy's dreamscape...or at the very least their first date...because it would fit the whole "let the pain become love" theme.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

It's such a cute idea! I kind of love the idea of Ryan catching them

Yeah I agree! It would be a really symbolic moment for her having so many sad moments there and then having a good one.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Neither of them would be happy about Ryan being there.

^ Just picture formal wear.