Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2022, 09:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

3x13 Episode Discussion: "The Ransom of the Forsaken Soul" {1/28/22- SEASON 3 FINALE!}

3x13 - "The Ransom of the Forsaken Soul"
Episode Discussion

In the season finale, the fate of Horseshoe Bay rests in the hands
of the Drew Crew (Kennedy McMann, Leah Lewis, Maddison Jaizani, Tunji Kasim, Alex Saxon),
who must find a way to defeat their most powerful nemesis yet.
Lives and hearts are in supernatural jeopardy – and a star-crossed choice will change everything, forever.

Old 01-27-2022, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Interesting title. Why do I feel like
Spoiler:
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Even though this season hasn't been the best. I'm really curious about this season finale. I've been thinking Ryan could be a red herring and it's Park who dies, but If "Lose Your Heart" is a literal thing. Park wasn't in the room when the cards were read. His character wasn't even introduced yet. His death would be the lowest stakes/nobody cares about your death like Owen. If they want a major death. One that will have an effect on things, then Ryan would be the one. If somebody even dies at all.
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 06:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

My probably wrong predictions for 3x13:

Quote:
- Nancy and Ace finally get together and are incredibly happy for basically five seconds before the cliffhanger tears them apart. Also, the episode content rating was pending last I checked, but it will probably be a fade to black scene (even though we deserve a full on love scene considering we had to suffer through the closet BS).

- The cliffhanger will be Nancy (and her passenger? Ryan? Carson)? getting T-boned by the black sedan in the promo. Maybe it's TRB or maybe it's something else...but I'm guessing Nancy will disappear and become a mystery just like Lucy Sable. [If it's Ace in the car, he'll find that Nancy is ~gone ...leaving only her necklace behind...when he wakes up...if not initially present, he'll be called to the scene to make the discovery].

- They'll spend basically five seconds explaining why the fourth soul piece can be Ace.

- Ryan "dies" but is saved by his mother's magical ore bracelet he gave Nancy in 3x11.

- There will finally be some kind of time jump, but probably not as long as we want.

- Park's suspicious behavior will be explained (I hope)...or he just goes back to Boston to live an uneventful life where he doesn't really do his job either.

- Bess will use the soul splitter and save Ace's life. They give Charity's soul piece to the Copperhead.

- Nancy will do something completely insane to beat Tempe (like maybe put the piece of soul in her??)...because Tempe needs her for her plan.

- Charity and Beckett's souls will be set free. Tempe turns to dust (after getting her heart ripped out).

- Nick and George will finally have a good post-breakup scene where they really commit to their friendship and staying in each other's lives.

- Nick also decides he needs to go back to Florida for a while to work through his trauma. He puts Addy in charge of the Youth Center.

- Tarot Crack theories: "One of you will fulfill your destiny which will cause the rest to fall"- Nancy's disappearance will break up the Drew Crew (temporarily). "One of you will lose your heart"- Ace when Nancy disappears and he becomes obsessed with investigating her disappearance.

- Crack theory: Uncle Josiah is alive and part of TRB.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by broken crown; 01-27-2022 at 06:21 PM
broken crown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 06:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Not bad. I believe a lot of it is very possible. Okay, I'm going to pick some things and stick with them. Ryan will die. Temperance will die. Nace will have short-lived happiness. A time jump will happen, but you're right, it won't be as big as we would like. About UJ. That VHS tape was black magic. He's a Warlock and we didn't even know it!
Old 01-27-2022, 06:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

UJ being a warlock would be so much fun!

I can see Ryan "dying" too. The foreshadowing is DEFINITELY THERE!

Quote:
Nace will have short-lived happiness.
Yup! It'll be like a couple of days. I wish I could see who was driving Nancy's car in the promo, but I can't get a clear enough cap. If it's Ace...then 100% when he wakes up...Nancy will be gone.

The writers just can't let them date like normal folks.

ETA: Super crackpot theory: Park is a part of TRB and Uncle Josiah is his boss!!
Old 01-27-2022, 06:53 PM
Addicted Fan

The ultimate soap opera reveal! The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Boom! End Credits.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Uncle Josiah to everyone:

On another note, I actually hope they have a good song play for NA's first kiss. The music this season has been severely lacking, but maybe they were saving up for this one scene?
Old 01-27-2022, 07:03 PM
Addicted Fan

I hope he's dressed like the Joker.

The music has been lacking this season.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

OMG. Like the classic Joker costume with purple and green??

And sadly yes! I'm not sure why they even have a music supervisor at this point.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:43 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't what was going through their minds this season and it was only 13 episodes!
Old 01-27-2022, 07:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah I don't know either. I'm still confused about the mystery and honestly I don't really care that much about it. I just want Ace to be safe and Nancy/Ace to finally get together.

I'm still trying to figure out why the goldfish was necessary, but I guess we'll never really understand???? Was he a plot point to push NA together and/or just another reason for Nancy to get some in the closet??
Old 01-27-2022, 08:00 PM
Addicted Fan

The only one who didn't get laid this season was Ace. As slow as time moves. It's not like it's been five years since Nancy got laid. That's how TPTB were acting. She hasn't had sex in years! Let her get it on with a plot device in a closet!
Old 01-27-2022, 08:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
The only one who didn't get laid this season was Ace. As slow as time moves. It's not like it's been five years since Nancy got laid. That's how TPTB were acting. She hasn't had sex in years! Let her get it on with a plot device in a closet!
OMFG. You are right! I didn't even think about it like that.

It was just so fake...and I still would have hated it no matter what...but the gaslighting by the writers just made it worse. It was just all around silly and unnecessary. Very cheap drama. If Nancy need to hook up with someone, she should have used Tinder instead...not this very, very lopsided "triangle".
Old 01-27-2022, 08:17 PM
Addicted Fan

And Ryan, but we understand why that wasn't a part of his storyline this season. Yeah, any no face would have done it. Nancy hooked up with some guy. Okay. So be it.
Reply   Post New Thread