Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2022, 10:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

3x12 Episode Discussion: "The Witch Tree Symbol" {1/21/22}

3x12 - "The Witch Tree Symbol"
Episode Discussion

Nancy (Kennedy McMann) searches for a missing person targeted by Temperance (guest star Olivia Taylor Dudley),
who has also placed a fatal hex on the kids of the Youth Center. With the solution to the Frozen Hearts mystery almost in their grasp,
a shocking reversal puts the Drew Crew (Kennedy McMann, Leah Lewis, Maddison Jaizani, Tunji Kasim, Alex Saxon), in the crosshairs.

Old 01-19-2022, 10:31 PM
Addicted Fan

I think I will be able to watch this one live too. I will most likely be home. I've lost interest in Temperance as a villain since the face change and whatever her plan is.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 01-20-2022 at 11:01 AM Reason: Removed something
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Does she even really have one? I don’t even know anymore. Even if they do right by NA and The Drew Crew, this is still going to be my least favorite season and it won’t even be close.

I honestly have no idea what’s going to happen, but if Nancy doesn’t dump Park ASAP after Ace confessed, then that is bad writing. And if Park is revealed to be “evil”, I hope it’s after Nancy breaks it off or again that’s bad writing.

There is no comparison between Ace and the goldfish.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:22 AM
Addicted Fan

They had only 13 episodes this season and still couldn't get it right. The people who praise them should be only comparing it to other CW shows since the bar is already low. Because it stands no chance against actual amazing writing. There's a Hulu show called "Only Murders in the Building" starring Martin Short, Steve Martin, and Selena Gomez. Now, I have not personally watched the series yet, but it has to be doing something right to be critically acclaimed by both paid critics and viewers. We're three seasons in. S1 is still my favorite season.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, they've had major pacing problems even going back to Season 2. I think the loss of episodes due to the pandemic really screwed them up and they never quite recovered. Plus, the compressed storyline doesn't really do them any favors either.

Will we ever leave 2019?!! Who knows?!?!

And I've heard about that show...I might eventually check it out.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:46 PM
Addicted Fan

2019 can thank a CW show for treating it like it's 1969.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting!
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

No problem.

I'm not looking forward to this episode as much as I was last week because I hate the goldfish.

I saw a tweet from Kennedy that says there's a lot of Nick/Bess and I really like that pairing...so that's good! But I could do without the Park nonsense and I hate that Ace has to be caught up in that BS. Nancy better not let me down with how she reacts to Ace's confession. It took ALOT of courage for him to say that.

Last edited by broken crown; 03-05-2022 at 08:08 PM
broken crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah last week's episode without goldfish was so good. I don't really want to see him again either.

Some Nick and Bess will be nice though! And yeah I'm really curious to see how Nancy reacts to the confession. Probably not dumping Park immediately since nothing can be that easy but I hope she at least realizes it was bit for him.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm probably going to watch on a delay so I can fast forward his scenes again. I really can't stand him or how Nancy acts around him. And if Nancy's still screwing around with him after Ace's confession, she can have him and leave poor Ace alone. He deserves better.
Old 01-20-2022, 10:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Kennedy says this episode has her favorite Bess/Nancy scene so far. Now, that could mean anything but Bess as character would never be team Park. She cannot control what Nancy does as an individual character, but she would never push a ship that isn't called Nace. Nick and George would flip flop based on the plot, but not Bess. I'm not saying that's going to happen, but it's a move that should never happen.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

George is the writers’ mouthpiece, but Nick seems more neutral…although he should care about Ace’s feelings considering they are living together.

As far as Bess/Nancy, it could have more to do with Tempe than anyone’s love life…but we’ll see. However, if Nancy actually needs to be pushed towards Ace by Bess after pining for him…that’s bad writing.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:34 AM
Addicted Fan

I know it could be not related to do that, but she called it her favorite BN scene ever. I'm just saying Bess as character should never be used to prop up any ships like Nancy and Nelson. But we'll know tonight why she calls it her favorite NB scene ever. Could be just them coming up with a new Temperance plan.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Ehhhh we'll see. I have ZERO hope for this episode especially after seeing all the hype for it. I don't care what happens anymore. I just want Ace to be happy and for the goldfish to GTFO. He's ruined this season and show for me.

I'm going to be watching on at least a 25-30 minute delay so I can fast-forward 99.9% of the goldfish. If Ace is in the scene, I'll watch...but other than that...he is getting FFed.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Our poor baby Ace
Reply   Post New Thread