Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2021, 07:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

3x09 Episode Discussion: "The Voices in the Frost" {12/10/21}

3x09 - "The Voices in the Frost"
Episode Discussion

Nick (Tunji Kasim), George (Leah Lewis) and Bess (Maddison Jaizani) unravel the truth behind a college student’s mysterious death,
while unexpected obstacles prevent Ace (Alex Saxon) from working with Nancy (Kennedy McMann) and Agent Park (guest star John Harlan Kim)
as they grow closer and investigate the hidden origin of the Frozen Hearts Killer.

Old 12-08-2021, 07:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Alright....we got 2 days to get in our predictions for what is sure to be a nonsensical wtf episode.

Old 12-08-2021, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Omg that gif

But yeah the episode will probably be a mess. I am kind of excited to see what Scott does directing. Not much else though
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Comments/Questions for 3x09

1. Excited to see Scott's directing.

2. Interested in seeing what the whole ghost stuff turns out to be.

3. Curious to know how much of the FHK/Tempe/Charity storyline is going to be revealed.

4. A little interested in what's going on with Nick's friend.

5. Will Nick/George break up?

6. Will Ace finally realize/acknowledge his feelings for Nancy and what will that look like? Will he confess to someone/something?

7. How many times will I gag at the nonsensical Nancy/Park stuff?

8. How cliche will the triangle stuff be? And will Ace (and me) actually see Nancy/Park kissing or worse?

9. How messed up will the fandom be after this episode?

10. Will they reveal where the other two pieces of Charity's soul are? Will it be a realllly cliche answer?

11. Bonus Q: Is Park ~shady or is he really a full blown Gary Stu?

ETA:

Promo gifs

Old 12-09-2021, 01:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Ghosts are against Bluetooth? Kennedy of course is during her weekly hyping/trolling about an upcoming episode.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 12-09-2021 at 05:33 PM Reason: Added some stuff
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 07:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah I saw some of the stuff that was being said by her and a reviewer who already saw the episode. We'll see I guess.

I still think it'll be one of the most cliche things in history and just kick Ace while he's down...possibly multiple times.
Old 12-09-2021, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Agree about Scott's direction and the ghost thing! They're teasing a reveal about the FHK so I'm interested to see that.

Also curious to see what happens with Nick and George. If they're going to break up I think it'll be in this episode.

Quote:
6. Will Ace finally realize/acknowledge his feelings for Nancy and what will that look like? Will he confess to someone/something?
This is what I'm really curious about! I really hope he has a realization. Maybe he'll talk to Ryan since he already seems kind of clued into Ace's feelings.

Less excited about the Park stuff....pretty much all of it. I feel like they'll probably kiss unfortunately.
Old 12-09-2021, 09:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
They're teasing a reveal about the FHK so I'm interested to see that.
The shocking twist is that it's Trevor Fisher!!!

Quote:
'Less excited about the Park stuff....pretty much all of it. I feel like they'll probably kiss unfortunately.
Yup.....

Spoiler:

Yeah Nick/George...IDK...I guess that whole thing could be blown out of proportion or something.

But the reviewer did say that the last ten minutes were like !?!?!!!?!? so IDK what that means. I'm guessing something to do with the FHK and Ace getting his heart broken by the writer's obsession with Nancy/Park. Oh and let's add insult to injury...doing some stupid plot twist where a piece of Charity's soul is stuck in him (somehow). I've already seen this theory a few times and I'm not a fan. Dude has already been kicked in the head multiple times this season...he doesn't need to be kicked in the head like three times in one episode too.

I feel like other people are setting themselves up for a fall. It should be fun tomorrow. I might need counseling and Shu is going to be traveling. So....guess I'll have to bother you then Iris.
Old 12-10-2021, 05:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah the more I hear about this episode...the more I just absolutely ~dread it.

But at least it's Friday right?!!??!!?!!!
Old 12-10-2021, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:

Yeah the more news that comes out about it the worse it sounds tbh
Old 12-10-2021, 06:35 PM
Addicted Fan

I of course won't be watching live, but I'm kinda curious about this last 10 minutes they all keep hyping up? The tried trope of Ace seeing Nancy and GVT kissing has happened way too many times throughout television history to count or even matter. Yes, it's an extremely low percentage, but it would be hilarious if GVT is the FHK. But of course that is not going to happen. I should bet monopoly money if it does, though.
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 06:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah the more I read...the more I just dread the episode.

Like now Scott is implying that NA are unhealthy?!?! WTF man really? And that there's a REAL choice between Nancy/Ace which has been building up for so long and the goldfish who's been around for 3...now 4 episodes!?!?

Nancy Drew Interview: Scott Wolf on Directing "The Voices in the Frost" | KSiteTV- spoilers

Why does Kennedy think people will like this episode when 99% of the fanbase ships NA?!?!
Old 12-10-2021, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Uh okay what the hell. I'll have to type up better thoughts later but wow. Ace missed meeting Nancy to confess his feelings because he's in a parallel universe?
Old 12-10-2021, 10:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

I honestly don't remember what happened with most of the episode but man the ending with Ace being in a parallel universe was a cool twist. HOWEVER, the rest of the episode was boring and didn't really hold my attention. I'm glad Nick/George didn't break up, but the Nancy/Park crap was soooo awful. OMG. The actors do not have any chemistry and it's way way over the top.

I also want to criticize how they were going to do the Ace feelings thing. It was very casually done and I know it was in service to the plot but I really hope we get Ace's POV soon. He needs a freaking monologue.

I also loved seeing Hannah finally!

Don't get me started on the promo, but at least it looks like a truth spell go seriously seriously wrong and Tempe is evil.
Old 12-11-2021, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah the parellel universe was interesting. And its nice to know where Hannah's been.

Yeah the Nancy and Park thing went way too fast. They tried to do a lot at once but that just made it way too forced and tropey.

The Ace thing was a bit too casual too. I was happy it was Bess who helped him figure it out but they could have done more with it. Also was happy Bess realized Tempe had ulterior motives.

Ugh yeah next episode looks like another one that won't be great. The truth serum thing's gonna be weird I can already tell, they're going to a party when Ace is missing, Nancy and Park kiss.

I'm going to be writing a paper all day but I'll be around more later.
Reply   Post New Thread