Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2021, 08:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

3x08 Episode Discussion: "The Burning of the Sorrows" {12/3/21}

3x08 - "The Burning of the Sorrows"
Episode Discussion

Nancy (Kennedy McMann), Bess (Maddison Jaizani), Agent Park (guest star John Harlan Kim)
and Temperance (guest star Bo Martynowska) have to join forces when an attempt to trap a killer ends up
unintentionally unleashing a deadly supernatural entity that feeds on people’s sorrows.
Meanwhile, Ace (Alex Saxon) and Ryan (Riley Smith) discover a haunting at the Historical Society,
and George (Leah Lewis) meets a friend from Nick’s (Tunji Kasim) past who may have secrets of her own.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

Started this a day early because the 3x07 discussion thread hasn't moved in days.

Not looking forward to this episode at all and I will have to time shift it so I can fast forward any ickiness (which might end up being quite a bit). I am curious about the Nick/George storyline and what's going on with Ace and Ryan. I also want to know if we're finally going to learn Tempe's endgame. Too bad it's caught in the same net as the goldfish tomfoolery.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting! Yeah I'm probably most curious about Nick and George. The goldfish stuff is kind of eh to me. I'm interested to see Ace and Ryan. Part of me hopes they continue their conversation about Nancy but I feel like I should go in with low expectations
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Low expectations are the best!

I truly wonder what's going to happen with Nick/George and if they're headed toward an actual break up (and not simply just a broken engagement).

I also want to know if Hannah is dead and possibly haunting the Historical Society? And will this storyline connect to the Tempe one?

Just say no to goldfish. Not the crackers though because they are delicious.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:06 PM
Elite Fan

The Dark Drew Returns.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

It does look like a dark episode. Hopefully, it's not going to be as crappy as I imagine.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

I've really liked a lot of the darker episodes so I hope it's good.

ETA:

Kennedy's hyping up the episode right now pn Twitter (which I know we're all kind of sick of ) but she says it's a big turning point for the season.

Last edited by gold-steps; 12-02-2021 at 09:36 PM
Old 12-02-2021, 10:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah I saw that on the discord earlier.

This is what I say to that:

Quote:
but she says it's a big turning point for the season.
Yeah I'm sure with all that goldfish BS. She can keep it and stop pretending she ships NA (and leading fans on as well).

I'm honestly not sure what time I'll be watching the episode tomorrow because I refuse to watch live...and when I finally watch...I will be fast-forwarding ANYTHING that makes me want to puke. And I'm sure there will be quite a bit since it's all going to be contrived as hell.

You guys might laugh...but I'm actually afraid to watch anymore. I really don't want to puke over a stupid tv show.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold-steps (View Post)
I've really liked a lot of the darker episodes so I hope it's good.

ETA:

Kennedy's hyping up the episode right now pn Twitter (which I know we're all kind of sick of ) but she says it's a big turning point for the season.
i don't care.
will watch with one eye open.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

I’m not watching live tonight for mental health reasons. I NEED to be able to fast forward gross crap. Not sure when I will watch…but even when I do I’ll be hiding behind a pillow.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Well I did watch. I won't spoil it but I guess I should warn you that there's definitely a few scenes you'll be fast forwarding through. But there were some things I liked about the episode and it established some things for the rest of the season.

Also you were right about something (a few things actually) so you'll have that satisfaction at least
Old 12-03-2021, 08:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

It only took me about 20 minutes to watch maybe. That's how much of the episode I had to fast forward. I didn't even bother watching the promo for fear of the goldfish.

From what I did see...the episode seemed SUPER BORING...although it seems like Tempe is basically like Voldemort and the horcruxes?

The Ace/Ryan tiny subplot was cute though...although I don't understand why some people think Ace is in danger now? He was literally just listening to the evil ghost? Or whatever that was? IDK.

Nick literally had a cameo in the episode. And it seems like Nick/George are going to be okay??? Glad his friend came back.

The episode just felt really, really random. The whole Drew Crew could have been involved...but they just HAD to shove stupid Park in our faces....and Nancy just falls for that stuff.

Man, the pacing of this season is soo weird. Like nothing is basically happening.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:

Yeah the horcruxes thing was the thing I was talking about that you were right about and the thing that seems like it'll be big for the rest of the season.

I liked the Ace and Ryan stuff too-that was what I really liked.

Yeah I'm happy Nick and George worked things out. And that the friend coming back wasn't super dramatic like we were worrying about.

Yeah I think I would have liked it better with the whole Drew Crew helping Tempe.

It's kind of weird I feel like this episode set up even more stuff to happen? With 6 episodes left.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Spoiler:

Quote:
Yeah the horcruxes thing was the thing
They really stole the plot of Harry Potter.

Quote:
And that the friend coming back wasn't super dramatic like we were worrying about.
No secret love child. :lol

Quote:
It's kind of weird I feel like this episode set up even more stuff to happen? With 6 episodes left.
It's five episodes now. I literally have no idea how they're going to tie everything up. Barely anything has happened this season.

Also, when Ace said about how maybe this was his calling? Does he think his calling is to be a ghostbuster????
Old 12-03-2021, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:

Yeah it's major Harry Potter vibes

At least there's no secret love child. That's the win from this episode.

Quote:
It's five episodes now. I literally have no idea how they're going to tie everything up. Barely anything has happened this season.
Oh I forgot how to count But yeah they're either going to have to rush things or leave some things untied.

Quote:
Also, when Ace said about how maybe this was his calling? Does he think his calling is to be a ghostbuster????
My first thought was law enforcement or forensics since he was talking about hearing the ghost and the people investigating crimes are kind of the ones who hear and speak for the victims? But that might just be wishful thinking since we've talked about it so much. It seems like ghost busting would actually be very lucrative in Horseshoe Bay.
Reply   Post New Thread