Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2021, 09:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

3x02 Episode Discussion: "The Journey of the Dangerous Mind" {10/15/21}

3x02 - "The Journey of the Dangerous Mind"
Episode Discussion

As The Drew Crew investigates the Frozen Heart murders, sparks fly between Nancy (Kennedy McMann)
and her counterpart in law enforcement on Nancy's first day as the Community Liaison -
and Temperance (guest star Bo Martynowska) makes a startling offer at the police station.
Meanwhile, Carson (Scott Wolf) and Ryan (Riley Smith) have conflicting opinions on how Nancy should be parented,
a mishap tests Nick's (Tunji Kasim) and George's (Leah Lewis) relationship,
and Bess (Maddison Jaizani) tries to protect Ace (Alex Saxon) from a string of bad luck that may not be coincidental.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Wanted to put this thread up tonight before I went to bed...otherwise...I might have forgotten it.

Not looking forward to this episode at all. Also, not sure I'll even watch it when it airs. If I do, it'll be to get it over with.

Could end up rivaling 2x10 as my least favorite episode of all time.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

thanks for the thread.
Old 10-14-2021, 05:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, so that "hot AF" scene Kennedy was teasing is in this episode. Not sure why she thinks a scene between Nancy and some random old dude is something anyone will care about.

Really, really considering taking a nap during the episode tomorrow and watching later so I can fast forward all that fbi goldfish nonsense. I'm actually curious about every other storyline but a forced "romance" between Nancy and yet another guy.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening this!

I'm honestly not jazzed either. I'll probably still watch since I am curious about other stuff and don't want to wait. But ugh I don't really want to see her an goldfish getting hot af.
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Ewwwww. I mean I don't understand why she was teasing it so much either. Like who cares?
Old 10-14-2021, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Yeah, so that "hot AF" scene Kennedy was teasing is in this episode. Not sure why she thinks a scene between Nancy and some random old dude is something anyone will care about.

Really, really considering taking a nap during the episode tomorrow and watching later so I can fast forward all that fbi goldfish nonsense. I'm actually curious about every other storyline but a forced "romance" between Nancy and yet another guy.
Naps are refreshing.
Old 10-15-2021, 04:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

You’re funny Shu. maybe I should approach the episode like ripping a used bandaid off.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
You’re funny Shu. maybe I should approach the episode like ripping a used bandaid off.
Eww but also yeah. I have been on my feet for twelve hours. Will prob cough the scourge episode after I get back from my sister’s physio appointment.
Old 10-15-2021, 04:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Take it easy Shu.

Watch the episode when you feel like it. I guess I'm just going to watch to get it over with and probably never watch it again.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

The Nick and George stuff was great! I loved him bonding with her sisters.

The goldfish stuff was ugh though.

I also couldn't believe Nancy went by herself to confront the supposed killer. I know her character is really independent and has a hard time asking for and accepting help but still. I totally get why Carson was upset with her.
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

- I missed like 15 minutes of the episode since I muted all the fbi goldfish stuff. He's way too much like a Gary Stu and it's all contrived. They're already ruining Nancy's character to push the stupid love triangle plot. Plus, you can tell this was originally supposed to be all Tamura with a few minor tweaks.

- I'll appreciate Ace when the Amanda thing is over. I'd never choose some random dude over him.

- I loved how Ace kicked out Mr. Bobbsey at the end of the episode. That was pretty hot...but I worry about him now.

- And CSI/forensics Ace?

- Is Bess going to be a witch now?

- The Nick/George subplot was sweet. I love them together.

- Will NOT be rewatching this one. Period. So, Iris, thanks for the recap.

- I think this episode was about as bad as 2x10...maybe even worse.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The episode was pretty boring! The writers have this obsession with Nancy swooning over and dating a 30 something cop. I don't get it. It was painfully obvious they were laying the groundwork for the Nancy/Ace/Agent Snooze love triangle.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

Snoozefest love triangle. You really get me Shauna.

Yeah I don't know how some people can jump ship for that whole mess...but okay.
Old 10-16-2021, 11:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

So catching up to the series. I can't believe to see Ezekial Jones! Weird to see him playing such a straight cop. I know everyone will hate him because he isn't Ace (and yes I prefer her with Ace too) but of course while Ace is back to being clueless on how he feels about Nancy (I could have sworn it was clear at the end of last season he had caught up) they are going to hook her up with someone in the meantime.

Speaking of last season, did something happen to the last guy in charge at the police station. I know the FBI was called in because of a serial killer but whats his name should still be there working on the investigation too right? Or is he not around anymore because he too was a love interest to Nancy.

So I am calling it that Temperance is going to be Bess' new love interest. As long as they take it as a slow burn I would be happy (and obviously Temperance isn't THAT evil). If I'm right, then it's possible that she was banished because she was gay and not necessarily for any evil she truly did.

The Nick and George thing was sweet. I hope they aren't the lovers who betray one another.

Glad Ace stood up to father Bobsbey but it was super stupid to do everything he's done for him up until this point anyway.

My favorite part was Ryan confronting Nancy on how she used him. He's so desperate to be the approved by his daughter (the one bright spot in his life right now) and be a better father than his dad ever was, it blinded him to her really obvious lies. I never thought having two dads on this show would have worked but Ryan and Carson are always enjoyable to watch now.
Tripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread