Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2021, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
I wonder what is something Ryan has always wanted to do?
Be Free of his father. The man doesn't strike me as the ambitious type.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Carson would have to teach him how to use an icecream scoop.
Carson will be his manager.

Carson: But Ryan you're the OWNER????

Ryan: I've always had people scoop my ice cream for me.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Be Free of his father. The man doesn't strike me as the ambitious type.
Hundred percent true. He's the type who got into the best schools based on name alone.
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
Hundred percent true. He's the type who got into the best schools based on name alone.
I wonder what his grades were like!?
Old 06-09-2021, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

He doesn't seem like the brightest

Also it's so weird to not have a new episode tonight!
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing. I still have to do my official rewatch too.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Alright I've been neck deep in school stuff for most of the day but I just rewatched!

-Aw Nancy telling Carson that poor cut-off Ryan needs a dad now. That's sweet.
-Fish bugging Nancy about now answering his calls and pushing him away when she looks like she got hit by a bus.
-Ace watching Nancy when she goes off with Fish
-Ugh Fish grabbing Nancy's wrist. That's always a move that I hate seeing. I love her going off when she breaks up with him. It's SO god. There are so many red flags with Fish. And hopefully Nancy gets with someone more stable and has a healthier relationship (with Ace *cough cough*) next.
-Ace going to talk to Nancy right after the breakup and comforting her
-The baby wraith is...kinda cute?
-The Fish joke is so funny
-Poor George having to write a will. But she’s so cute talking about a future with Nick.
-The first thing Ace says to Amanda is about Nancy....inch resting.
-Ace basically saying that Gil should just get over it lol. He totally hates Gil. Amanda totally should not have to take care of her adult brother just bc he got dumped from a non-serious relationship.
-Ace opening Nancy’s door and helping her out of the car
-I’m mostly glad that we’re free of Odette but I’m a little sad we won’t get to see Leah playing her anymore. She’s very good at it, all the little facial expressions and mannerisms.
-Myrtle is creepy. I can’t believe I didn’t catch on to her being Temperance. I really thought she might be another rogue Hudson who could help Ryan.
-It’s sweet of Carson to pay for Celia being buried.
-"You’re not French….not when I can help it"
-More Ace and Nancy little touches with him holding her hand and touching her back.
-Bess sounds so scared for Nancy dumping all the tears in
-This whole scene with George, Bess, and Nick all in Nancy’s dream-universe and helping her get past her traumas was so good. They’ve all helped her in their own way and they’ll all great friends. And of course the Ace part. I was smiling to big at this when it first aired and it made me so happy to see it again. β€œThe only way to heal is to let that pain become love”
-Also points to everyone who thought that Nancy was holding a baby. I totally didn't think she was holding it right in those BTS pictures.
-Her handing off the baby to Ace, β€œwill you hold me”, how close they get to kissing. That scene is perfection.
-Love Nancy realizing that shoving down her traumas and never processing them wasn’t healthy. I hope she gets therapy. But I love her realizing that they’re what made her who she was and that she’s strong enough to handle them and taking them with her. Bye wraith! Their lil hug. Me hugging all of my bad memories. But really it’s a very encouraging message.
-Ace being the one to help Nancy sit up and probably the first thing she saw and β€œYou always were” when she says she’s strong enough now. We are fed!
-The Bess and George kiss! Yay for consent! Happy Pride month! This is a beautiful song that fits the scene very well.
-At least Mama Ace likes Nancy and is giving her cookies.
-I love love love how George was the one to propose. Women’s rights!
-Nancy taking control of the company and wanting to give reparations is very cool of her. Though who knows if that’ll happen since it looks like Nancy will be a lil busy dealing with Temp.
-Myrtle bathing in the blood is sooo creepy. Elizabeth Bathory vibes.
-The coda is so good. The drop right when Temp pops up
-So is Celia like alive again? Or like a zombie? Are all the Hudson women?
-BAB Temp breaking through that barrier! Poor Nancy can’t catch a break. She has to deal with this now.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

2x18 Rewatch Notes:

Quote:
- I love how the action immediately picks up with everyone trying to figure out a cure for Nancy's parasite.

- LOL Nick suggesting they have plenty of spoiled eggs in storage?! Who is their vendor?!?!!!?

- I just realized Ryan and George had exchanged some meaningful dialogue?!

- NICK/ACE CRUMBS all over these scenes!

- IDK if anyone noticed but when Carson is talking to Nancy about using herself as "bait"...Ace is watching part of the conversation take place and then he is visible during the entire Nancy/Carson/Ryan conversation. I thought that was an interesting directing choice.

- "You're all I got left." Well...does your sociopathic many times great aunt count??

- "He needs a dad right now."

- Also when Carson was walking by Ace...I literally thought he was going to slap him on the shoulder or something but he didn't!

- What the hell are chicken chips??? Somebody explain please???

- What is "the next level" exactly? You guys are already having sex?? Somebody please explain??? (again)

- Obligatory Gil is the worst! Also...Ace looks like he's ready to jump out of the chair at ANY SECOND...

- Nice to see Hannah again! Hope we see more of her in Season 3!

- Ace watching Gil whisk Nancy away to the back. You just know he's standing right by the door in case things get nasty.

- Why did Gil just grab her?? He's THE FREAKING WORST!!!

- "I'm getting worse because of you." YUP.

- "You'll regret this." Yeah go cry to the press you big baby fish. Or hey maybe he'll even team up with Temperance!

- Ace was totally just hanging out there by the door! His hairs look magnificent in this scene! Also, I kinda wonder if they cut some parts of out of it...cause the editing is SLIGHTLY choppy.

- Flashback: The baby wraith is SUPER CUTE! I would buy a plushie of it! ALSO...how did Temperance survive "death"? ALSO...did Temperance's ritual REALLY fail or was this a fake failure? Also, when was she exiled from town originally?

- Man, George is gonna hate Tempe (but I could still see a deal being made to free her from Odette)

- "You drew a fish." Even though there's NO POSSIBLE WAY the writers could have known about our Fish jokes...this was just ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! *chef's kiss* Also, Nancy is basically dying but she's like SUPER FLIRTY here.

-I did not realize that Ace actually came up with the plan to save Nancy's life from the Wraith (+ Nick with the assist).

-"Show-off." More Nick/Ace CRUMBS!

- What else is in the Hudson vaults? Is it like the vaults in Gringotts?!

- "It's time for my masterpiece."

- Horseshoe Bay in on a Hellmouth? And Tempe wants to bring about the apocalypse by tapping into this "diabolical power"?!

- More Temperance Questions: Did Tempe really have a daughter or was that just her under a different disguise?? Like could Tempe technically be an even CLOSER relation to Nancy and Ryan??

- Bess is SO FREAKING NOSY! Why are you looking through George's things??!

- "Ever since I kicked that blood bucket, I have been running from an early death. I'm tired of it."

- First thing Ace says to his actual girlfriend: "Hey. Feeling good about this new lead with Nancy." Not...."How are you?" I mean??? Priorities right Ace???

-Another thing...I thought this whole conversation was ironic considering Ace says "you're supposed to put your life on hold whenever he feels bad." YEAH....just change he for she and bad for "whenever Nancy needs me". The "ghost" of Nancy will loom pretty seriously over their relationship IMHO (whether how much Amanda we actually see on screen or not).

- Also, I think Amanda is totally using Ace as a way to escape her life (The Fish) too...obviously not maliciously...but deep down. I don't think she knows how to really be on her own.

- "He got dumped for no reason." He got dumped cause he is THE WORST!!!!!

- "They weren't even that serious." LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO

- Also, Amanda was COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE in this scene. Ace should have broken up with her for this exchange ALONE. She was so rude and insensitive.

- Nancy: "Let's go to New York." Ace: LET'S GOOOOO! (basically)

- Ace took Nancy in his car while everyone else went in Nick's truck. I also love how he held onto her. He was so worried about her and was trying to keep things light. I would LOVE a flashback to this car ride.

- Odette BAILING out George from the awkward marriage subject with Nick. George REALLY needs to tell Nick about her shortened life line. Basically everyone knows other than him (not sure if Nancy knows...but she's got enough going on right now).

- Nancy and Ace's look during the Bess/Odette stuff.

- "No need to be a hero."

- Nancy is half-dead, but she still gets a high from doing some sleuthing.

- "I can literally pull off anything." Is that because you're a witch?!

- "I HATE Zebras!" Also, Bess screaming.

- Love that Carson is helping Ryan with all of his family stuff.

- More Nick/Ace crumbs! It's ALMOST a cookie.

- You just know that if good old Tempe called the police that Tamura would have somehow found out about it!

- "You're not French?" "Not when I can help it."

- Ace basically being Nancy's boyfriend during this whole ordeal: rubbing her back...holding her hand...looking super concerned...I honestly wonder if Tempe thought that was her boyfriend????? Cause it definitely didn't look like "just" friendship to me!

- Where did they get Temperance tears? Did I miss that part?? Was it part of the stuff that already came with the machine?

- The entire Dream sequence where Nancy is fighting off the Wraith is just so well done. Every member of the Drew Crew had a special moment with Nancy. And there were so many Easter Eggs for other episodes included as well. I also have to give Kennedy credit for actually climbing out of that fake grave (obviously there were handholds...but still...very cool!).

"This is where it all started. Lucy dying. Carson and Kate being forced to raise me on lies. Ryan not even knowing I existed. I was born broken. And that's why all these pieces of me are broken."

"You weren't born broken. You're hurt, maybe. But in the end, the only way to heal is to let that pain become love."

"I really want that."

"It's time to kick the monster out of your house. What do you say?"

"Will you hold me?"

"I thought you'd never ask. Knock em dead."

- I still think they should have kept the promo shot of them almost kissing in there, but maybe they'll use it for flashbacks or something in Season 3.

- The baby is CGI right?!

- This whole scene with all the Nancys was really, really well done!!!

- Even Tempe looked happy Nancy survived.

- Also, Ace again with acting like her boyfriend. Reminds me so much of how he stayed with her in 1x13.

- Why does Ace want to make it work with Amanda so badly??! cause he's running from his feelings for Nancy...realized or not...

- I feel like this whole Ace/Amanda phone scene is just GIANT FORESHADOWING to what is ultimately going to break them up anyway. "I'm not asking you to choose....I want to prioritize you." So you have to leave town to do that??! UH HUH.

- Helicopter Ghost would be a really good band name.

- This was actually a really nice Odette/George moment.

- LOVE THIS SONG. It was used so perfectly.

- Why did Bess/Odette meet at the Historical Society??

- So, I just realized that Ace didn't even tell Nancy he was leaving town. He didn't say goodbye. And she had to find out he was gone from his mom. I mean...

- I'm so glad that George gave her permission for the Bess/Odette kiss. SO GLAD! Not a fan of them or this storyline, but the actual kiss was shot beautifully. Also, Odette had to go so both George and Bess could move on with their lives.

- I think it's so awesome that Rebecca already knows Nancy well enough to see her on sight! So that means Nancy's been over to Ace's house quite a bit? Or does Ace just talk about her a lot or both?!

- "You look disappointed." . I kinda wonder if plot point will come back around later. Maybe Rebecca will tell Ace that Nancy came looking for him after he left. Love that she gave Nancy cookies though.

- "Just give me something real....Always known for me...it's you." Plays over the transition between the end of the Nancy/Rebecca scene and Ace/Amanda scene.

"I feel like I left something behind." COINCIDENCE you're right by the Bluffs?! Some kind of supernatural osmosis??! Oh and Ace...you left your TRUE LOVE behind you dummy.

- Also both Nancy AND Ace lingered for a few seconds at the end of their scenes before going into the house/going into the car respectfully. Nancy going into Ace's house and Ace leaving the Bluffs. Poetic symmetry??

- Safe Harbor Youth Collective. Love it Nick.

- "Ned Nickerson...will you marry me?" Surprised she didn't get down on one knee.

- Ryan/Carson...LOVE HOW THEY LOVE BASEBALL!

- Will Nancy actually get the chance to divide up the reparations? Hopefully, she'll give Ryan a little money to buy the ice cream parlor.

- The whole Myrtle=Temperance thing was really cool! Can't wait for BAB Temp...Tempe?

- So who's at the door?

- A great ending to the season! I feel like it really sets up cool storylines in Season 3 and takes the show to a brand new place! Hopefully Season 3 can be amazing across the board and make up for Season 2's overall unevenness.

Old 06-19-2021, 08:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Great recap!!!!

Quote:
The baby wraith is...kinda cute?
The baby wraith reminds me of Gumby...so that's what I'm going to call it now!

Quote:
The first thing Ace says to Amanda is about Nancy....inch resting.
EXACTLY WHAT I SAID!!!!! GMTA! Also, I had to look up "inch resting" on Urban Dictionary cause I didn't get the reference.

Quote:
I really thought she might be another rogue Hudson who could help Ryan.
She might still "help" Ryan.

Quote:
I totally didn't think she was holding it right in those BTS pictures.
She wasn't! And they were probably just holding a pile of rags or something in reality.

Quote:
I hope she gets therapy.
100%!!!

Quote:
-The Bess and George kiss!
You mean Bess and Odette right?? Cause maybe then we need to have another conversation.

Quote:
Myrtle bathing in the blood is sooo creepy. Elizabeth Bathory vibes.
Definitely...although Elizabeth Bathory MAY have gotten a bad rap. The dude who accused her definitely had some political motivations if you know what I mean. She totally could have been a killer though...just not basically a vampire.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Great recap!

Quote:
Ace is watching part of the conversation take place and then he is visible during the entire Nancy/Carson/Ryan conversation. I thought that was an interesting directing choice.
I did not notice this! I'll have to pay more attention for our big rewatch but very inch resting.

Quote:
I kinda wonder if they cut some parts of out of it...cause the editing is SLIGHTLY choppy.
This is gonna bother me now! What Ace and Nancy content did we miss if something did get cut.

Quote:
The baby wraith is SUPER CUTE! I would buy a plushie of it! ALSO...how did Temperance survive "death"? ALSO...did Temperance's ritual REALLY fail or was this a fake failure? Also, when was she exiled from town originally?
Okay I thought the baby wraith was kind of cute too! So many questions about Temperance they'll have to answer when the show returns.

Quote:
I also love how he held onto her. He was so worried about her and was trying to keep things light. I would LOVE a flashback to this car ride.
I loved this too! Very sweet

Quote:
Where did they get Temperance tears?
I thought they were with the machine?

Quote:
Maybe Rebecca will tell Ace that Nancy came looking for him after he left.
Okay I need this now! It would be cute if she was the one who made Ace come around.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I'll have to pay more attention for our big rewatch
I think we'll start our rewatches in July. Two per week. What do you think? Because honestly, it'll probably just be me and you doing them.

Quote:
Okay I need this now! It would be cute if she was the one who made Ace come around.
Okay now I need this...BUT like...there's been hints from multiple people but his mother is the one who kinda really helps him put it all together! Honestly, I would not be surprised if Ace had a Eureka! moment at the worst possible time.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
GMTA! Also, I had to look up "inch resting" on Urban Dictionary cause I didn't get the reference.
I had to look up GMTA I've never seen it abbreviated like that! I love typing interesting like that.

Quote:
She might still "help" Ryan

Quote:
You mean Bess and Odette right??
That's what I meant I'm a very visual person so I first processed it at Bess and George but it wasn't really them.
Quote:
The dude who accused her definitely had some political motivations if you know what I mean. She totally could have been a killer though...just not basically a vampire
Oh that's interesting! I've never heard that. But someone doing something bad with political motivations.....shocking.

Quote:
there's been hints from multiple people but his mother is the one who kinda really helps him put it all together
Mom always knows best

Two per week sounds pretty good! I should have time.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I love typing interesting like that.
I'm going to start using your way now!

Quote:
Oh that's interesting! I've never heard that. But someone doing something bad with political motivations.....shocking.
There was a really well done two-part episode of this podcast I really love called 'Our Fake History' which discusses/debunks historical myths. So much good stuff!

Quote:
Two per week sounds pretty good! I should have time.
I did the math and we just won't have time to do 18 weeks of rewatches before the show comes back...but two per week will work..but not be too rushed.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Oh thanks for a podcast rec! I'm always looking for new ones.

Yeah we don't have too much time before the show comes back. And that's not too bad. If I end up falling behind it's just because of school stuff, but I'll catch up I really want to rewatch to see if there's any other wraith hints.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
If I end up falling behind it's just because of school stuff, but I'll catch up
You'll be fine. Trust me.

I'm interested in rewatching most of the episodes, but I'm skipping certain scenes in 2x10. NOPE.

And you're welcome! I love that podcast. It's very fun and educational!