Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

DGnat was bad for me because it tarnished Dawson.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't either, I couldn't watch that....poor Dawson.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

for Dawson.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

I'll get in on that.

for Dawson.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:56 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb D (View Post)
DGnat was bad for me because it tarnished Dawson.
Yes, I thought this storyline was the worst!

I'm new on this board, so I will give you a background of my dc watching...

When DC first ran in the US, I only watched it occasionally during the first 3 seasons. I then went on a long protracted period of not watching television at all. I happened to flip through the channels at a relative's house a few months back and caught DC on TBS. I think it was the last eppy of the 1st season. I tuned in the next day for the 1st of the 2nd and thought to myself, "I have to find out what happened all these years that I didn't watch!" So, I rented the dvd's (purchased the finale).

I was SO upset that DJ didn't end up together at the end. I will admit, though, I am not a PJ hater. I actually liked that storyline, as well. I had no idea that there was some sort of real-life triangle going on behind the scenes that I have read about on a few threads here (I will have to bump some up to get some more info when I get a chance.) I actually liked Joey with Jack, too, before he came out. I didn't like her with any of the other characters throughout the seasons, but I digress. By the end 5th season I thought that all of the characters had been assasinated. But, the absolute worst was Dawson 'seeing someone' in the 6th and not telling Joey! I mean, really! I know people change over the years and they gotta write character arcs and what not, but I really don't buy DJ not talking for an entire summer after 'I love yous' at the airport and everything at the end of the 5th.

Then, to make me even more upset, they don't even have Dawson in several eppys! I'm like, "Hello! It's HIS Creek!" My only saving grace to the whole Dawson as a P.A./Director fiasco was I loved the guy playing Todd--he was a riot. The whole Natasha thing just grossed me out!

As far as the finale goes, it seems in the commentary that KW said that he only had Meredith for one day and couldn't write a convincing Pacey/Andie ending with her in only a few scenes. I know that he said a few other things contributed to his re-write of the DJ ending. But, I was thinking, "I really wish Meredith wasn't shooting a pilot during the DC finale!" lol. As a whole, the best scenes were always between DJ (as friends and lovers), IMO.

dcpenny
Old 09-10-2006, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpenny (View Post)
I loved the guy playing Todd--he was a riot.
You and me both

Quote:
As a whole, the best scenes were always between DJ (as friends and lovers), IMO.
You can say that again

And yes, one of the worst things in the S6 was that there was hardly a dawson centered episode. That is, when he was in an episode at all I really hated that.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Only 2 good things about s6.

DJ pelvic action and the shot of Dawson walking away *happy sigh*

Oh, and Todd too. So 3 good things.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:30 AM
Elite Fan

^ Word.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen H. (View Post)
DJ pelvic action
Old 09-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^^^ what's so funny? It's true! Fact, if you will
Old 09-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Fact indeed

You know onr thing that also bothered me on DC? How Dawson wasn't supossed to be sexy at all or anything. I mean, it was hinted with the whole D/Jen romance (through lines in the show and how they stopped by a motel before arriving to Capeside) that he knew how to enjoy sex. I won't mention Natasha but that was clear about sex. And still, he was never the hot guy or anything. And we had to hear Audrey saying that maybe D/J made it through a whole in the shhets. I mean, seriously: WHAT THE ******* ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???.

Dawson not hot? Has the world become crazy or sth????
Old 09-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatriz (View Post)
Fact indeed

Dawson not hot? Has the world become crazy or sth????
everyone's NUTS! I know what you mean, and I think TIIC (don't ya love how we can diss them in here?) tried to have him be played as not sexy, but I think with them doing that it made Dawson all the more sexier. To me being the clueless rebel isn't romantic or sexy or hot. But there's a certain sexiness that comes with who Dawson was, the dreamer, the romantic, the caring person he was and that to me was TIIC (or the morons in charge, it's all interchangable) downfall and they tried to make Dawson not be sexy by having people say and do certain things, but that was just trying to throw you off what was always there and what James brough to the show and i think I will stop now or else find some punctuation marks

there
Old 09-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen H. (View Post)

there
You silly

I agree. I guess it was so obvious how sexy he was that TIIC had to make ppl believe he wasn't.

Well, they failed miserably with me
Old 09-12-2006, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

and me

people who didnt buy Dawson not being sexy.

1. Bea
2. Karen
Old 09-12-2006, 07:53 AM
New Fan

[QUOTE=Karen H.;11886066] everyone's NUTS! I know what you mean, and I think TIIC (don't ya love how we can diss them in here?) tried to have him be played as not sexy, but I think with them doing that it made Dawson all the more sexier. To me being the clueless rebel isn't romantic or sexy or hot. But there's a certain sexiness that comes with who Dawson was, the dreamer, the romantic, the caring person he was and that to me was TIIC (or the morons in charge, it's all interchangable) downfall and they tried to make Dawson not be sexy by having people say and do certain things, but that was just trying to throw you off what was always there and what James brough to the show and i think I will stop now or else find some punctuation marks

I agree that what attracted me to the Dawson character was the romantic dreamer aspect--those are totally sexy qualities. I remember KW saying in one of the commentaries (season 2 perhaps?) that James was supposed to play this gawky 15 year old, but had to do it in the body of a very handsome man. They always referred to him as the "safe" choice, instead of the hot stud that Pacey was supposed to be. I assume if you spent anytime around James, you would realize that there is nothing "safe" about him .

What's funny to me is that when 90210 was on, I liked the character of the rebellious Dylan better than good-guy Brandon. I think Jason Priestly is more my type as far as looks, but there was something about Luke Perry that was incredibly sexy. I guess I'm as indecisive about what's really my type as some other people tend to be lol.

What is TIIC? Anyway, I'll be in West Holly & BH for awhile, so maybe I'll see some other non-sexy/really i am sexy peeps while I'm here.

dcpenny