Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
FORMOSA BETRAYED awarded NARRATIVE FEATURE AUDIENCE AWARD at the Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival!
Formosa Betrayed | Formosa Films
Old 10-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's picking up a lot of awards!!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thats awesome! Everyone involved must be so proud. Now they really should try and get this movie released, for the mainstream audience to see it too.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You would think so now.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

that's their goal...i'm not sure how they get to that point though they've already got the name out there, and it's getting a lot of praise....are they waiting for a distributor to pick it up?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcluv
....are they waiting for a distributor to pick it up?
Probably. That's what festivals are good for: the movies are out there and someone interested might want to take them to the theaters. That's how it works here in Spain, at least with a movie I know
Old 10-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think you're right. Kimberly. I hope someone takes a chance and picks it up, it seems to be a good movie.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the insite Bea!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Screen Media Films takes world on political thriller Formosa Betrayed | News | Screen

29 October, 2009 | By Jeremy Kay

Screen Media Films has acquired worldwide rights in all media to the $8m political thriller Formosa Betrayed following its international premiere at the Montreal World Film Festival.

The distributor has set a February 2010 launch in 15-20 North American cities and will commence international sales at AFM.
Formosa Betrayed is the first title to emerge from Will Tiao’s production and finance company Formosa Films.Adam Kane marks his feature directorial debut on the story, which takes place in the 1980s as an FBI agent follows the trail of a murdered Asian professor to Taiwan where he uncovers a massive plot.

James Van Der Beek, Wendy Crewson, John Heard, Tzi Ma, Will Tiao, Leslie Hope and Kenneth Tsang star.

Tiao, a former international economist who served in the Bill Clinton and George W Bush Administrations, raised funds for the filmfrom nearly 300 investors. Investment bank Berthel Fisher Financial Services provided completion funds.

The Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group brokered the deal with Kevin Mills of Kaye & Mills LLP and Screen Media president Robert Baruc and vice-president of international Michael Dwyer.
only 15-20 cities? better than nothing, but i want it in all theatres

Quote:
Formosa Betrayed (formosabetrayed) on Twitter
BIG NEWS! Screen Media Films has acquired worldwide rights to FORMOSA BETRAYED - release nationwide Feb 2010!!!
i'm confused about the release is it going to be in regular theatres? Or only select theatres in select cities? i guess we'll have to just wait and see.

Last edited by dcluv; 10-30-2009 at 06:57 AM
Old 10-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

I've just read the news

And I found out that they're airing the movie here in São Paulo in an International Festival

The next screening will be on Nov 4th. I hope to able to make it.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be great if you could go Cris!

Thanks Kimberly. I think it's still classed as nationwide even if it's just selected cities.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

I know. It is far from my house, but I'll try to make it. It's not everyday you get to see James in a big screen

Old 10-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you're able to go, Cris, It would be awesome!!

Thanks for the news, Kimberly. Even though everything's a little vague right now, Im just glad it got picked up!!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Just read it too! I hope it comes to Spain at some point!
Old 10-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just knowing it's made it out of the festival scene is great.