Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

D/J app thread #6: They're each other's beginning, middle and end.

The title kinda sucks, so if anyone thinks of anything better, give me a shout.

textures used for the background by LJ user arisubox

This is the story of two soulmates, two best friends from childhood that had to strugle very hard to find their way in each other's lifes once romance entered their world. Ill crossed fate lovers, their destiny didn't seem to be the one they expected to. But there is always hope...

^ Check out the Dawson's Creek Virtual Season 7 to find out how it all ended!

.: best scenes :.

(coming soon)

.: icons of the moment :.

.: fanart of the moment :.

Last edited by Beatriz; 10-18-2006 at 04:08 PM
Old 10-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

just bringing the lin for my video over from the old thread:

I Would've Loved You Anyway

Thanks again to those who gave me clips.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Thank you Karen!

I will edit a new wp and new icons on the opening post later on

Ok, about the movie. Here are my options:

a) we keep uploading to megaupload and such over and over. Personally, my least favorite option, because as soon as there has been a month without activity, the link expires. Unless we can make an attempt to d/l each month. I mean, we upload our clips to megaupload, and once every 30 days, we d/l them again, so the link won't expire. Would that work?

b) we upload the clips to a server like youtube, or the one Deb found, and post the links in the D/J movie as well, with a general email that we all could access, where ppl, once they have seen the scenes, they can request any part(s) they want to be uploaded to megaupload.

c) we use a share flies program, like emule or torrent.

I think that option b) could be nice. Ppl can watch the movie online, and request whatever they want/need. But option a) with that little trick maybe could also work

Opinions?

EDITED: Don't worry Karen, we will upload the clips for you, this is just a general solution for the rest of the ppl that drop by the D/J site or the D/J thread only every now and then.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Option b sounds like the best option, with the e-mail idea. When you say having a general e-mail address, do you eman something that more than one of us can access to upload the clips?

for option C one of us would always have to have the program open to share the file, right? Like how Kazaa worked? May not be the best idea.

Did you mention new icons? *looks hopeful* I need to check out your LJ for anything I've missed. Need some change. and now, bed really. MWA!

edited: love love LOVE the new wallpaper. think I am in the mood for that episode, with all the D lovin!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

I'm happiest with option B too
Option A could work too, we'd need to all remember to download each of the files we uploaded every 3 weeks
We will host your file forever for free, until it is unused for 21 days. If nobody downloads your file for 21 days, it is automatically deleted. - Megaupload

Last edited by Deb D; 10-18-2006 at 06:16 PM
Old 10-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Loved the title! Thanks for the new thread!
Oh, I love this last fanart! Who wants pizza??

About the video saga, I'm happy with option b too.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Well you can have the pizza (I'll have the delivery Dawson).

ETA: Devastating news! I split all the files and uploaded them onto tinypic only to realise that each cuts out before the end. There must be a time limit or something! (even though it's not said anywhere that I can see).
Anyway, I have some other projects I have to get to in the next week or so before I can re-upload them to Megaupload or whatever other option we go with.
I'll post all the links to tinypic later so you can see what I mean, plus check out any image quality issues.

Last edited by Deb D; 10-19-2006 at 04:33 AM
Old 10-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Aw Deb, that sucks

But no worries, we'll find a way to make it sooner or later

Yeah, I want Dawson to deliver a pizza at my house as well
Old 10-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Thought you might agree Bea

Here's the links:
DJ Movie

Season 2 Part A(i)

Season 2 Part A(ii)

Season 2 Part B(i)

Season 2 Part B(ii)

Season 2 Part C(i)

Season 2 Part C(ii)

Season 2 Part D(i)

Season 2 Part D(ii)

Season 2 Part E(i)

Season 2 Part E(ii)

Season 2 Part E(iii) End of Fate Begins

Last edited by Deb D; 10-19-2006 at 01:18 PM
Old 10-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for thr links, will check them later

Fic time

Last call for happiness
PART 4
About two hours later Dawson was watching her house from the other side of the street, debating whatever he was going to knock at her door already or not.

Words that Pacey had said to him were still running through his head: “take it easy” “remember to breath in and out” “don’t be too hard on her Dawson” And he had no idea of what he was talking about, but he had said yes to everything. He would have said yes to anything Pacey had asked him to say as long as he gave him the information. Then Dawson had asked why, why he was taking his side, and all Pacey had said was: “You will understand later. Give me a call if you need to”. Dawson had looked at the receiver after he hanged up for a moment, but then he had dropped it fast, had his shower and...

And there he was.

He jumped slightly and hided behind the tree he was leaning onto when the door of the house opened and a young woman and two children appeared on the frame. One kid was holding the woman’s hand and the other was talking to Joey, who kneeled down and hug him, kissing the top of his head. Then the three of them walked away. The same kid of before turned to wave his hand and Joey waved back. Then the woman get the two of them inside a car and Joey went back inside. He thought that it might be a friend of her with her two sons or something.

Anyway, the important thing was that now he knew for sure she was alone.

This was the perfect moment, if that had ever existed between the two of them.

He closed his eyes, squared his shoulders and crossed the space that separated him from her door. When he knocked on it he could feel the blood running through his veins and hear it thundering in his temples.

“What have you forgotten?” Joey asked laughing as she opened the front door. But her laughter died in her throat when she saw him. Confusion was written all over her face.

“What are you doing here?”

It wasn’t even an angry tone or anything, but more of an “it’s just impossible that you’re here because I prohibited everyone to tell you where I was” tone.

“Hi Jo”

Brilliant.

“What are you doing here Dawson?”

And this time she sounded a little angry definitely.

“I saw you this morning outside the mall”

“You followed me here?” she asked, incredulous.

“No. I… I made a call”

She crossed her arms over her chest.

“Let me guess: Pacey”

Dawson nodded.

“Joey, can we talk?” he sounded like begging, but he didn’t care. If that moved her in any way, he would beg.

For a moment she just stared at him, still looking mad. Then, without a word, she stepped aside and allowed him to walk inside the house.

“Thank you”

Without looking at him, she closed the door and headed into the room in the right. He followed her there. It was the kitchen.

She walked to the counter and put a kettle in the fire.

“Want a tea or a coffee or something?” she offered, although her tone didn’t sound too inviting. She was obviously nervous and taken back by his visit, he could tell. He was shaking and he had been thinking about this meeting for the last two hours, so it was just understandable how she was feeling for facing him so unexpectedly after seven years.

“No thanks. I don’t think I could swallow it right now.”

Joey threw him a look over her shoulder but said nothing. He didn’t say a thing neither actually. Now that he was there, he didn’t know where to start.

When her tea was ready she sat down in front of him.

“So?” she asked, raising an eyebrow “Why now after all this time?”

Dawson looked down at his hands.

“I saw you this morning, outside the mall. And it all came running back to me. I wanted to talk to you. I tried to years ago actually. But it was clear you didn’t want me to talk to you, so… I walked away. But today I saw you and…”

He finally looked up at her. Her expression had somehow softened, but she was still clutching her hands around her cup of tea, what wasn’t a good sign.

“I just wanted to say what I should have said that night. That I loved you, that I had never stopped, but that what I did was wrong. And what I did after that was wrong too. I let you go without a word, without an apology. I couldn’t give you anything else than another night stand. And I don’t think you were expecting anything else from me though, given the situation. I was leaving for Europe and you were with Pacey. But still, we should have talked, I should have searched for you earlier, I should have…”

“Dawson, I was part of it too, remember?. You didn’t put a gun in my head that night. I made love to you because… because I wanted to. Even though I knew I shouldn’t, I did it. Because I loved you too. Because I have always been a mess and even though I was with Pacey, and I loved him in my own way, I loved you too.”

He surely wasn’t expecting that, but an angry rant in return to his incongruent words.

So if she wasn’t mad at him, then why all the hiding?.

“Have you missed me?” he asked all of a sudden, and she looked away. Then she stood up and went to the dishwasher, where she threw almost all of her tea. She had hardly drunk any of it.

“You know I did. Long good byes never suited you and me” she said softly.

“Could you… could you forgive me or something?. Maybe we can… maybe we can recapture part of what we used to be. Even if just a small part. Maybe we can rebuild our friendship…”

But she cut him, resting her forehead in her hand, leaving a long breath out slowly.

“You don’t know what you’re asking me for” she said, and then she turned to him “You have no idea what you’re asking me for Dawson”

“I know it’s hard and that things are never easy or simple between you and me, but maybe we’re finally ready to…”

“It’s not even that” she said, her lips trembling. She suddenly seemed to be about to cry and out of instinct he raised from his seat and just walked to her, putting his arms around Joey, concerned.

“Joey, I’m sorry, I really am. If there is something I can do…”

“How many time can you stay for?” she asked, walking out of his arms, regaining her composure.

“For as long as needed” he said, totally forgetting about Capeside, about everything. What was it about her, about them, that no matter the time, no matter the circumstances, always sucked him right into it?.

She nodded her head and sat down again.

“You won’t have to wait for too long though”

Dawson looked at her confused, but didn’t ask her what she meant exactly.

For about an hour, they talked civically about weather, TV, their families and random things. Dawson wanted to talk about so much more, but he was content with her not having kicked him out of her house, so he didn’t push the subject. Not to mention he could tell she was holding something back and he would wait until she was ready to tell him whatever it was.

The doorbell rang and Joey jumped in her seat. Then she looked at Dawson with a look of panic that soon faded though. Her face turned serious and she walked out of the kitchen.

“Excuse me” she said while standing up. Dawson just nodded his head and looked around him when she was gone.

A woman’s voice could be heard along with Joey’s at the front door.

“Thanks for everything Eileen.”

“You know it’s no problem for me”

“Yeah, but still. I’ll take them next week, I promise. Ryan, come in here honey!”

“That’s fine Joey. Talk to you soon”

“Talk to you soon Eileen”

“Bye”

“Bye”

Ryan?

But before he could form a coherent thought in his head, she appeared in the kitchen’s
door, her hands on the kid’s shoulders, and looked him right in the eye.

And it hit him.

When he had first seen him outside from the distance, he had seemed familiar somehow,
but Dawson had hardly processed the thought, his attention focussed in Joey, in the way
she was moving, in what she was wearing, in the way she had her hair falling down her
shoulders… But now he understood Pacey´s words when he told him to take it easy; and
what Joey meant before when she said he didn’t know what he was asking her for. He
understood what she was hiding from him.

The around six years old kid had Mitch’s chin, and the very same forehead. His hair was
Joey’s though. But his eyes were blue, just like Dawson’s.

He was glad he was actually sitting because he realized he was no more and no less than
facing who could only be his son.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Sorry, double post
Old 10-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb D (View Post)
Well you can have the pizza (I'll have the delivery Dawson).
Hey, don't put pizza in my mouth, Deb D!

Well, I've been trying to write all day in this thread, but FF has been a real pain.
Anyways, I found this website: MediaMax, powered by Streamload - Free Online Storage - Share Videos and Photos - Online MP3 Access

You can post files up to 25GB for free, but each file has to be up to 25MB, which doesn't help us very much. They have a premium plan. Here's what I found:

Premium - $4.95/month
100 GB of secure online storage
Download or share 10 GB/month
Anytime access to all your files
Host or send files of any size

Old 10-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

A son!
This just keeps getting better Bea

Looks good Cris
Old 10-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

Mmmm... that will make 4.95 * 12 = $59 more or less. Too expensive if you ask me, even if we all chip in I think we'd better use one of those free host with 100 MB limit. What do you girls think?

Thank you very much for the info Cris I need to do some searching too.

Yep Deb, a son
Old 10-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it's kinda expensive. Well, I'll try to use the website Deb uploaded her files.

I still need to read the fic!