Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Taubman, only the thread starter and mods can edit the opening post.

Thanks for update V.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

thanks karen..no probs.

i miss Brighter Than Sunshine(britney) does anyone know if she is still around?

she was a big J/K fan and i remember us doing a few J/K projects together..we hosted/create a dedicated j/k board/forum. Not sure if its still up though...

always loved working on the virtual dc team as well

J/k family
Old 04-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

yeah, i don't know what happened to Brit I know she started college this year so she's probably busy, but i thought we'd see her around with all of this James news going on

i thought i'd post less with starting college too, but i actually post a lot more
Old 04-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Kimberly. Posting probably takes your mind off of all the mindless school work.

avi: Beatriz
Old 04-02-2009, 06:06 AM
Master Fan

Yes it does
Old 04-02-2009, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Didnt James and Katie say anything about each other, like good stuff, qoutes or anything, in their interviews or articles, that we might add to the OP?
Old 04-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They probably did, what with how often they were asked if they dated. I don't have any quotes though.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

got heaps of interview stuff on J/K..katie interviews...and james interviews..some talking about each other..

will post them soon...

but some of the other stories that had quotes and etc in them should post on the OP V?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

there was that comment James made in an interview with BBC radio (i think) about Katie being able to pull off a reality show "Home Sweet Holmes" Plus, there's probably stuff from the donney and marie episode, right?
Old 04-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

yeah there is heaps off that..but i've got about 10 interview stuff on j/k..

here are some...

Quote:
I read this cute little snippit from an AOL chat James did in 2002:

AOL Host: Charm 1282 -- what's it like working with Katie Holmes?

James Van Der Beek: It is absolute hell.

AOL Host: Hate it.

James Van Der Beek: It's great. I've known Kate for like six years. It's like it's very easy, very easy, like second nature at this point.

AOL Host: You guys are family.

James Van Der Beek: And we knoweach other so well, too.

AOL Host: You both are doing so well, in movies and TV.

James Van Der Beek: We're both pretty busy. Her movie is coming out the week after mine, I think.

AOL Host: The creek-off.

James Van Der Beek: Buy a ticket to "The Rules of Attraction," then see "abandon." I'm kidding.

AOL Host: She's coming here.

James Van Der Beek: Is she? Cool.

Quote:
I was reading some James interviews and i love this part of the interview:
James: Dawson, uh....yeah. Finally gets to, gets to....

Craig: Is it making love? Is it making out? Is it hand holding? What is it?

James: Well, on the WB at 8 o'clock it's kissing and falling out of frame.

Craig: *laughs* Very innocent that way.

James: Yes, very.

Craig: But they've been pushing for it. The fans.

James: Yeah, yeah...the fans really wanted to see if Dawson was a Ken doll underneath all that or not.

Craig: *laughs* If there was something there.

James: Yeah. It turns out he's got one.

*audience laughs*

Craig: He's got one. Let's flaunt it.

James: So it works out.

Craig: And this was with Katie...Katie Holmes.

James: Yeah, with Katie Holmes.

Craig: Was she excited about this too?

James: She was thrilled. What are you talking about?

Craig: Yeah, obviously!

*audience laughs*

Craig: My bad!

James: She was beside herself. What does he mean here?

Craig: Yeah, I wasn't putting myself...

James: She was pushing for it.

Craig: She was pushing for it, and you're backing off maybe Season Eight. Right?

*James laughs*

Craig: And then it finally happened.

James: That's right.

Craig: And they handled it well? Tastefully?

James: Uh, beyond tastefully. Sounds like he had a good time kissing miss katie

Craig: Are you disappointed in how they handled it?

James: No, no. You know, it's eight o'clock.

Craig: Okay, James....kiss her, fall out of frame.

James: Pretty much.

Craig: Kiss her, fall out of frame.

James: That was pretty much it, yeah. Turn the music up and fall out of frame.

Craig: Yeah. And this was two weeks ago on the show?

James: This was uh....yeah, it aired. I think two weeks ago. Last week.

Craig: So now each episode after that...

James: Uh-huh.

Craig: Is there more of the bedding? More of the mating thing?

James: Uh, no.

*audience laughs*

James: No.

Craig: A one time shot?

James: Pretty much one time shot.

Craig: Oh, you're one night stand guy. I got it.

James: Yeah.
Quote:

I was watching the Donny and Marie interveiw, because obviously i have no life , and i just want to comment and post how hot are these two? The sexual Tension was like burning up my screen. Here, let me post the interview transcript and give my commentary, so much fun:

Transcript from Donny & Marie - Part 1

Thanks to DCD for the original copy of this transcript – it has since been updated.

TRANSCRIBER'S NOTES: Overall it wasn't a particularly bad interview, although there were some minor problems. For example, the audio throughout the interview (especially the Katie - James part) was extremely low.

Donny and Marie introducing the interview.

Donny: By the way, we’ve got to tell you about this interview with Dawson’s Creek. It is the first time the whole, the whole cast got together for an interview.

Marie: We had so much fun.

Donny: It was a lot of fun. We flew to North Carolina. We’ve got the exclusive on the set, got behind the scenes of the whole thing. There was this one time, James Van Der Beek and Katie Holmes were doing a scene together and they got Katie’s close-ups right. So everything was fine. So they switched all the cameras to get James Van Der Beek’s close-up. I was standing (pointing to position) right where I shouldn’t have been standing. Because it was the line of sight where Katie Holmes should have been. It was a very intimate scene (moving his arms) and he was talking to me, very intimately. James Van Der Beek (looking straight into the camera) great actor my heart was going. (audience cracks up laughing, Donny laughs). Finally James said "cut, cut, cut, cut, cut. Donny come here" (points to come forward) Then I walked over. Then he said, "Donny, I like you, but you’re not Katie Holmes, get out of my line of sight." (moving hands forward).

Marie: Oh, I thought he was going to kiss you.

Donny: (laughs) No. No. But it was a great time to have, with did an interview with the two of them, James Van Der Beek and Katie Holmes.

Marie: You’ll see it. We had fun you guys.

Donny: We have a clip. Take a look at this, watch.

PART I - James and Katie talking to Donny and Marie.

Donny: We are on the set of Dawson’s Creek with James Van Der Beek and Katie Holmes. (cut to James and Katie) I gotta tell you something; I was just on the phone with a friend of mine in Chicago. I told him we were going to be talking to you, he said ‘my teenage daughter is going crazy about that fact that we're talking to you guys’. How does it feel to be the stars of the number one teenage show in America?

(Katie and James look at one another and laugh)

Donny: C'mon

Katie runs her hands through her hair.

Katie: Ahh.

James: I dunno, it's so weird. I mean, we shoot in Wilmington, North Carolina. We don’t Hollywood. It's pretty isolated, when you think about it really.

Katie: I just feel lucky, I get to kiss the heartthrob of America every week.

(You know, that got me thinking, you know how in an interview, i think that it was between season 2 and season 3 he said that when his girlfriend heard that he was voted People's something or another, and then here Katie commented on him being America's heartthrob, that just seemed weird to me and got me thinking.)

Marie laughs.

Katie: And it’s amazing. (Duh!)

Donny: Every week?

Katie: Well, not anymore.

Marie: Those are the perks.

Katie: It's really great.

(Katie and James look at one another and laugh)

Marie: You guys really are good friends, right?

Katie: (nodding her head) Yeah.

James: No, not really.

Marie: Really, not really, is that a scoop?

James: Well, I don’t know. (shrugging shoulders)

Katie: Well, I thought we were, apparently we're now sharing. (looks straight into the camera)

(Everyone laughs.)

Donny: Because, you know you hear squabbles that happen behind the scenes and stuff. You guys really are best friends?

(Katie and James look at one another and laugh.)

James: Well, not best friends.

Katie: Not really.

(Everyone laughs again)

Donny: Well are we getting a scoop here, are you bitter enemies?

(Katie laughs)

Marie: But isn't it strange to have your friend sitting right next to you and then all of a sudden you have to do a love scene?

James: Well, when we first met one another we were playing our characters. I mean, I didn't know her before we were actually on camera.

Katie: Yeah, it's not like we grew up.

James: So that’s always been a part of our relationship, which is strange, you know. It's not like a childhood friend, and all of a sudden you have to kiss them. So it’s a little different.

James: I mean, it's like we're all a big dysfunctional family around here anyway.

Marie: What do you mean dysfunctional?

Katie: Yeah what do you mean.. (jokingly to James) We're functional!

Donny: Can we relate Marie?

Marie: Yeah, we're dysfunctional.

Katie: (Looks at James) That’s news to me.

(Everyone laughs)

Donny: When you go out, like for instance, you live in Toledo, Ohio, right?

Katie: Yeah, Toledo Ohio.

Donny: And where's home for you James?

James: Well, I'm from Connecticut. But I live here now.

Donny: Do you get a chance to go back to your hometowns?

Katie: (nods) Yeah, holidays.

Donny: Do they treat you normally or do they treat you like big stars now, what goes on?

James: (points to Katie) Katie goes to the malls quite a bit, I hear about this from everyone in Toledo.

Marie: Are you a shopper?

Katie: Well, I have three older sisters so, yeah, they make fun of me. Well.

Donny: They make fun of you?

Katie: See he. See this is what happens. People always tell him about like, when he meets people, that they saw Katie here or, they tell me the same thing about him. I don't really care, you know.

James: They'll always tell me gossip about the other three. I’ll go and get my hair cut, and it’s like, (mimicking the barber) that Katie was in here, she's a nice girl. And I'll be like, yeah.

Donny: As if you didn't know.

James: Yeah, I mean, I've met her actually.

(Everyone laughs)

Katie: Yeah, kind of fill us in on one another.

James: It’s very strange. I get, she goes off and does a movie and I have to hear about it, they always fill me in.

Katie: Yeah, it's bad, we can't keep secrets from one another, you know. So it is like brothers and sisters. (Umm, did i miss something? Did anyone say anything about being them being brother and sister. Their just denying way to hard.)

James: So I'm like a big brother to her, so I get all the big brother insight on her.

Donny: Really, are you that close to the other members of the cast?

James: No, I hate them. Yeah, yeah well.

(Everyone laughs)

Donny: Really that’s what they say about you. As a matter of fact, when we come back, we have to go to a commercial break.

Katie: (to James) Don’t say that.

Katie: (mouths to camera) That’s not true.

Donny: When we come back we wanna get the dish on the rest of the cast and how you guys don't get along.

End of clip.

Back in studio.

Donny: Plus we're also going to go behind the scenes, and see what happens right after this so come back.

Voice Over: (clip from Homecoming "Dawson and Joey necklace scene") Coming up, Katie Holmes shares a secret and what’s up with James Van Der Beek and Courtney Love? Donny and Marie will find out next.

Marie: Welcome back. We promised you more with Katie Holmes and James Van Der Beek and we’re going to do that right now. Take a look, more from the set of Dawson’s Creek.

Cut to Donny and Marie interviewing James and Katie in rainy Wilmington.

Marie: Welcome back, we are, we're on the set of Dawson's Creek, it's been raining. We're now calling it Dawson's River. But the weather has been so crazy. You were telling us, what did she do during the hurricane?

James laughing.

Katie: Speaking of hurricanes.

Donny: You shouldn't have said anything, James.

James: (laughing) Katie informed me that, it all started.

Katie: It all started with a cut on the finger.

James: That, um, an old wife’s tale is when a hurricane comes you should fill your bathtub up with water, incase you run out of water.

Donny: So you have fresh water to drink, and whatever.

Katie: (states) But I'm from Ohio where we don't have hurricanes.

James: (laughs again) So Katie didn't realize that you could actually fill it up with water from the tap. (laughs again) So she went out and bought (laughs) lots of jugs of water.

Marie: (shocked) Bottled Water?

Donny: (shocked) No Way!

(Everyone Laughs)

Katie: What happened, what happened. Everyone’s telling me to buy water, buy water.

James: (mimicking Katie putting the water into the bathtub). You can picture her just pouring 1-liter bottles of water. (he shuts up after Katie gives him a dirty look). (I love how he shamlessly teases her, lol.)

Katie: It was, (looks at James) just a moment of...

Marie: How did you cut your finger?

Donny: It was like that Evian commercial, you know, bathing in Evian.

Katie: (pretends to be ditzy) Yeah, I like to shop and I like fill my tub with bottled water. Now everybody thinks I’m..

James: Everybody’s getting jugs of water (moves hands to indicate the size of 1 liter jug of water)

Katie stops looks at James then at the camera.

Marie: And take baths in champagne

(Everyone laughs)

Katie: Oh you know, at the end of the day...

Donny: And you get a bad vibe from me, I want everyone to know to know she said that during commercial. Why is that?

Marie: I want to find some more things out about you.

Donny: What is it about me that gives you a bad vibe? What is it?

Katie laughs.

Katie: I don't know, (points to Marie) she told me to say it.

(Everyone laughs)

Katie and Marie: It's a girl thing.

Donny: Oh I see.

James (quietly): as opposed to the boy thing.

Katie: (laughs) Well now I have to rib her, because of it. (rolls her eyes)

Marie: Now I was reading a quote about you James. Listen to this, Courtney Love said, have you heard this? "I'd love to play James' older woman girlfriend on Dawson’s Creek." Did you know what?

James: Yeah, she told me.

Marie: She did?

James: Yeah I met her at the MTV Movie Awards.

Marie: Well, what did you say?

James: Thank you.

(Everyone laughs)

James: I was quite flattered.

Marie: I'll bet.

Donny: Do you think it will ever happen?

James: Um, if we can get the right role, and if he get the script in time and everything works out with her schedule, it would be great to have her on.

(You know, its weird, the whole time that they were talking about the MTV awards and Courtney, Katie was like giving James this look, its hard to explain, but its certianly not a look you give you friend or someone you think of as a 'brother')

Marie: I can play your older girlfriend.

Donny: Would you let Marie play the role?

James: Yeah, sure.

(Everyone laughs)

Marie: Now you started out in theater, (to Katie) and you actually turned down the role of Joey? Didn't you, initially, cause you were doing theater?

Katie: Well, I was doing a high school musical, as a senior in high school. So, it wasn't like I was in New York, on Broadway or anything like it. Just want to clarify.

Donny: So you had made a commitment to them?

Katie: Yeah, and I, I had auditioned for them, and they wanted me to fly out and test on opening night. So it wasn't like sorry, it was just like I can't.

James: She said, you know, that she's committed to the production.

Donny: That shows a lot of integrity, I admire that. So what’s going to happen with Joey and Dawson this year?

Katie: It's a mystery.

Marie: You truly don't know?

James: I have no idea.

Katie: Yeah, we have no idea. What’s so fun about these two characters is, it is something that is so untouchable, that connection that everyone can kinda relate to, I think. I mean, I think most people have a Dawson and a Joey. (looks at James)

James: Yeah.

Both nod.

Katie: And so it's really fun, so we don’t necessarily have to know where these two characters are going because it's something we can really play with because it is very realistic that they were go in and out, in and out and in and out.

Marie: Are you the romantic type?

James: Am I the romantic type? (laughs)

Marie: Is he the romantic type?

Katie: (off camera) Oh, definitely.

(She says that very convicinly, seem Ms. Holmes knows a little more about James then we think.)

James looks at Katie and laughs.

Marie: Really? What makes you sure of that?

Donny: Oh, I love the look on your face when you say that.

Katie is laughing.

James: Wait, just understand, (pointing to Donny and Marie) this would be like me asking you if you were the romantic type.

(One again, Denial ain't a river in egypt my friend)

Donny: We're brother and sister. James, don't go there.

Marie: Donny.

Katie: Exactly.

Katie: Donny, oh he's a charmer.

(Donny laughs and points to Katie)

Marie: It's time to tell things about the rest of the cast, for example, who spends the most time at craft service table? Out of everybody on the show.

(James points to Katie)

Donny: Are you serious, really?

Katie: (looks at James) No I don't!

James: How many times a day do you say, come with me to craft service?

(Oh! It seems like shes asks him quite a bit considering she drinks so much damn coffee)

Donny: She’s trying to get you…

Katie looks shocked.

James: It's more of a social thing, I mean.

Katie: (points on her fingers) First I get the bathtub.

James: It’s a social thing.

Katie: (admits) it is a social thing, I’ve got a coffee thing.

(Everyone laughs)

James: No, it is a social thing, it's not like she's stuffing her face.

Katie: Yeah, it is social.

Donny: She does? No really, out of all the cast members, do you stuff your face the most?

James: No, no, no, she doesn't. No one stuffs their face.

Katie pretends to cry then cracks up laughing.

Donny & Marie: Look at her face, she's gonna cry.

James: See that is why you had the bad vibe. (pointing to Donny)

Marie: What’s his quirkiest habit?

Katie: Yeah, this is why I got the bad vibe, (Katie points to Donny, and everyone laughs) it's YOU!

Donny: I'll leave, would you be happy if I left?

James: No.

Marie: So what is his quirkiest habit or anyone in fact?

Katie: Hmm, well, he eats very slowly.

James: That's true, I do eat very slow.

Marie: How slowly?

Katie: We’re so exciting, craft service table.

James: Well, I'm usually at the table longer than everyone.

Donny: What about Kerr? Tell me about Kerr. Gimme dirt on Kerr, cause I wanna talk to him a bit later.

(James and Katie look at one another and laugh)

Katie: Oh God, Kerr always makes the set exciting.

Donny: Why?

James: Kerr is a flatulent young man.

Katie: (cracks up laughing) Don’t say that.

Donny: Kerr is a flatulent young man? I'm gonna talk to him about that.

(Everyone laughs)

Katie: He's like a really funny big brother.

Marie: Is he like the goof of the cast?

James: Yeah, I mean he'll be straight laced and then he'll do something completely off the wall at like 4 AM when we all really need it.

Donny: That’s my kind of humor, well not flatulence, but the other stuff. Oh no I’m going to tell him.

James puts his head back on the chair, while Katie has an uh oh look on her face.

Marie: Who would you say is the crankiest on the set?

(Katie points to James)

James: Probably me.

Donny and Marie: Seriously, you have a temper?

James: Not a temper, but if something’s wrong or if something needs to be fixed, I'll be the one to speak up and say something should be done about this.

Donny: Well, are you impatient?

(Katie rolls her eyes and nods, meaning that James is impatient)

James: No, not necessarily..

Katie: I'm just kidding, I was trying to get you back.

(Marie points to Donny)

Marie: He is.

Donny: I am, I admit it.

James: Well, film by nature isn't a patient medium. I mean, that if you need something fixed before you roll, you need it fixed before you roll.

Donny: How about Meredith? Is she cool?

James: Yeah, she's great.

Katie: Yeah, she does a little, ah a little alter ego she does for us every once in awhile.

James: She's like a breath of fresh air.

Donny: We're gonna talk to them a bit later.

Marie: I'm gonna find out what this alter ego is.

Donny: I'm gonna talk to Kerr, find out about all this...

(Everyone laughs)

James: He's probably gonna tell you some story about me that’s gonna make me hang my head in shame.

Donny: Oh, I'm gonna get something out of him about you buddy. We’re going to return with more with the cast of Dawson’s Creek after this.

Katie pulls her hair up while Donny and Marie are talking to both her and James. She then looks at James and says something like "I can’t believe you!" look, looking like she was going to kill him, which caused him to laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While i was watching this interview, i noticed a lot of the times when Katie was silent and somebody else was talking that she would just look at James and seem like she was in deep thought, and i caught her looking at his mouth quite a bit to. James would also just look at Katie, i just got this vibe while watching it.

here is some more J/K stuff..a fan has noticed while back...
Quote:
The opening scene in crossroads - they were more than acting in that scene

The coughing scene at the end of the E Special and the part where they are dancing on the lawn between takes plus when they were filming the opening scene in dawson's room from the dance

The makeup scene in crossroads was definitely ad libbed when joey says good with a huge grin on her face

Also, the opening of PDA, James is stroking her hands. That looks ad-libbed to me.

In reunited - the boat scene - he's tickling her there

In BCWYWF the last scene when Joey's talking to Dawson and Katie started rubbing his hand -

When they are dancing in TITQ, what I thought was interesting in that scene was when they started dancing they were holding each other kinda close and by the end of it Katie had her head on James shoulder

In The Dance - they were way enjoying the dance scenes too much

In the beginning of the TBONTB when Dawson and Joey are talking and she pushes him big time

Katie squeezing James face inbetween takes in the E Special

Katie and James giggling on the set of The Dance in that same E Special

The way James says "this is where Joey and I 'play'" re: his closet in the E Special

The way James face 'lights up' when he talks about her in the E Special

When Katie's in the wardrobe trailer during the E Special and she says "since I don't fit in anyone's shoes" then the wardrobe guy says "you can fit into James" (ok that can only mean one thing - me and my dirty mind)

When they are joking around and they're sitting in the chairs on the set of The Dance I'd love to know what they're talking about there because Katie's cracking up laughing big time

And notice when Katie has to pluck a name from this air in the E Interview, she chooses James
more quotes and interviews to come...

Last edited by taubman; 04-03-2009 at 06:49 PM
Old 04-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Taubman.

Now we CANT add all of the D&M interview in the OP. What stuff should go in?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

wow, that's a lot of reading.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Absolute Fan

I don't know if I've ever shared this before, but I got to witness a sweet J/K moment when I was on set for the series finale.

It was when they were filming at the gas station (when Dawson and Joey first see each other back in town), and apparently Katie was upset about something that day.

I remember looking over and far off to the left, James and Katie were off by themselves. He was talking to her and then eventually put his arm around her. It was really sweet and I've actually got pictures of it. Will see if I can get them scanned and posted one day.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 04-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, thats sweet, I adore that scene between them in the finale. Great that it has a sweet little behind-the-scenes story too.

Try and look for the pics Lync .
Old 04-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh I know where they are....I just don't have my scanner anymore. Got to get a new one.

My friend that was with me also took a nice behind shot of James in his jeans that day!

That was a great scene to see filmed.....

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}