Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Taubman, why don't you make us something new specifically for the thread as opposed to us having something from a few years back.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Karen, we're not thinking of bringing over the arts or anything. Taubman's site has quite a few interviews and stories about James and Katie. We think the OP needs some quotes and excerpts from J/K's interviews. And since there isnt anything new with the two of them, we might as well use the old stuff.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I brought these stories over from taubman's site.

Quote:
Katie about starting season 6 of Dawsons Creek

What can we look forward to this season on Dawson's Creek?

Katie: Well, Dawson and Joey are hooking up. Finally! I love it when Dawson and Joey are together. It's really fun to play those characters together. They have this really strange manipulative relationship, and I have fun with it. Although it's like kissing your brother! ( I wouldnt like to see this part in the Op!! )

Are you trying to expand your acting horizons beyond Dawson's?

Katie: It's fun to switch it up and do things that are different from Joey. It's challenging. We're all pretty comfortable playing our characters. It's inspiring to try something new. I can't wait to see James in Rules of Attraction!
Quote:
Dawsons Creek Finale Preview Statement

Opening with a surprisingly funny and nasty dig against itself, the finale of "Dawson's Creek" starts off five years later, as Joey and her new boyfriend watch a teen soap opera (written by Dawson) that has a tendency to over-analyze just about everything. Although "Creek"'s ability to turn something minor into a whole discussion on life's mysteries occasionally could get a little much, it was charming and intelligently written, nonetheless.

Anyways, it's five years later - Joey (Katie Holmes) has gone on to become a editor, Dawson's penning teen soaps, Pacey (Joshua Jackson)'s managing a restaurant and Jen (Michelle Williams) is coping with motherhood. All four find their way back for the wedding of Dawson's mother. The series wrap for "Creek" generally reminds me of the best of the show's early moments I'd witnessed: drama played with genuine sentiment and emotion, well-played by a cast that worked wonderfully with one another. This season finale has a mixed bag of performances: Van Der Beek doesn't make anything too complex out of his character's success, yet Williams makes something powerful, touching and worthy of awards notice out of her character's handling of unexpected parenthood. Holmes is, as usual, too adorable for words, and she and Van Der Beek continue to be a fine match.
Quote:
Though not officially announced, this is expected to be the final season for Dawson’s. In an earlier interview, series star James van der Beek was clearly relishing then show’s demise. Holmes thinks that “he’ll miss me more than he lets on”, and then laughs slightly. As to the actress’s own thoughts, Katie has mixed feelings. “It’ll be bittersweet when the show wraps up. I mean it’s been a wonderful experience but I think it’s exhausted itself to a degree, but people are still watching and still care about these characters. I think there are still a lot of stories that can be told at college and I certainly love the characters on our show. But it’s definitely going to be hard if it ends,” Holmes says. While van der Beek hopes the show’s ending will be perfect for its fans, Holmes laughingly says that “I want it to end MY way” but has no idea what that way will be. “It’s a big question but I’m not good at predicting that kind of stuff.”

As she looks back at the show, she recalls its first year and what it meant to a group of then young unknowns. ``What was amazing about that first season and what people loved about it, it captured four people (stars Van Der Beek, Holmes, Michelle Williams and Joshua Jackson) and it was true, in a sense. I particularly loved the first and second seasons; there was so much possibility and we had no idea (what was going to happen) and were having the best time. (I look back) and I see four people having an exciting time and the second season was, `They've no idea what to do with their lives and got excited.' ''Then what? ``Then we all got old,'' Holmes said.
This one's a fan story i guess...

Quote:
Capeside Revisited Story

Remember the D/J scene at the end of Capeside Revisited? You know, the one where Dawson visits Joey at her dorm just before Mitch suffers an ugly fate while eating an ice cream cone? Well, James and Katie were pretty touchy-feely on set that day. Heh. From time to time, the flirting would be out in full mode. When Katie wasn’t chatting up James, she was usually clinging to Ian Prange. During takes, I heard Katie asking James about ROA and what his plans were for the weekend. Sorry, I wasn’t close enough to hear what he said. Then James asked her how the American Pie 2 premiere went. Katie said something about Chris, but I didn’t get the full scope of it. I was too busy talking with someone from FF at the time.

As J/K walked down the hallway, with Dawson and Joey talking about the Rialto closing and the “you can never go home again” line, they would make funny faces. The camera was pointed at their backs, so, of course, you couldn’t see this on screen. After each take, they would make quips about the show and crack up. James once said, “Jeez! How many times has the Rialto been closed down?” Katie laughed. I remember her saying the “you can never go home again” line, and then… “Well, apparently you can in Capeside.” Katie also joked about Mitch’s impending death by ice cream cone. James laughed, but said he couldn’t believe the writers were going to kill Mitch off that way. A few cracks were made about how ridiculous S5 had started, with a few pot-shots directed at the writing staff. Yay, James and Katie! J/K both said they would miss JWS. It sounded like they were very fond of him. It was obvious that they weren’t too thrilled with the way his character was being written off.

To save time, let me just say that a few hugs were shared between the two. You could tell that James and Katie were very close at the time. When Katie saw James come on set, she suddenly became excited and went directly his way. Go figure!
his one's on the DJo thread's OP...

Quote:
James and Katie Audience Interview

Someone in the audience asked "My favorite part of watching this show is the relationship and the connection between dawson and joey. Do you think that after all this time, after everything they've been through, that there's still hope for them to have another shot at a relationship or even get their friendship back?"

And then James and Katie looked at each other and seemed to be thinking about it together (they interacted a lot and seemed to be good friends, which was really sweet to see. They would kinda look at each other and try to help each other answer questions, and a couple of times she even rubbed his leg-- i just noticed cuz i was staring at him dreamily the whole time. lol!)

Katie: I'd hate to think that there's no hope left, because that would be pretty depressing...

(and then james said something, but i can't really remember what it was!! argggh! I think it was something about their connection being really significant... or something... but the whole time he said it he was looking at her, like he was answering to try to help her figure out what she was trying to say)

Katie: (still staring at james as if looking for confirmation) but... i don't know if it's realistic to say that they'd end up together forever and ever...

katie: (and then katie has this look-- i'll try to describe it-- It was like she was looking at him, then she rolled her head towards the audience and her body kinda perked up (like her shoulders moved up and her eyes got a little big she smiled a bit) and added) Or maybe it is!

James: (laughing) But whether it's realistic that they haven't slept together yet is another question entirely!

And I thought they both ended the seminar with some great answers to the question about what they want to have happen to their characters by the end of the show. Katie laughed a little and was like "i wish joey success and happiness!" and then she mentioned how she wants Dawson and Joey to have one last hurrah.

And then I just thought James' answer about what he wants to have happen to dawson was really intelligent and sweet, and a great way to end the whole thing:
"He has the rare fortune of knowing what he wants to do early in life. And like anyone I care about, I want to see him succeed and get his chance to do what he loves, just like this show has given us that same chance."
Old 12-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, I thought we were talking more arts.

Maybe we could have some JK art challenge too, for new art.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good idea, Karen. Not sure if we can do it before Christmas, but we should, sometime soon.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe in the new year. I think it's sad that we probably won't geet any new JK pics.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

That is a sad thought, Karen. Oh well...we can hope!

No matter how many times I read those stories, I never get tired of them. It's so nice to get a behind-the-scenes idea of how they were together. I especially love the Capeside Revisited story. How I would've loved to be a fly on the wall.

I still despise the line about DJ having a "manipulative relationship" in that first one though. WTH?

avi: Beatriz
Old 12-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maddie, I'd love to share the wall too. I find Katie's comments about DJo very annoying too. I sometimes think she never got the character of Joey completely, or the bond she shared with Dawson.

What all do you want to put in the OP out of that stuff? Please leave out the not-so-pleasant comments. We can cheat. We decide what goes in.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

j/k fans...

something in the works...have been working on..something big for all us J/K Fans...

PM me if you would like to know...an update to my site..
Old 12-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

i'm excited to see your surprise taubman

new kaite pics inspired me...

kinda like that old hollywood look
Old 12-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

awesome art

look..for the special link..

Last edited by taubman; 12-09-2008 at 12:23 AM
Old 12-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow Kimberly, love the art!!

Loved the new website, taubman.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wow, she really does look very old Hollywood in that pic...never seen that before.

Very nice, Kimberly!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

the pic is from a photo shoot for the ny times that she recently did....i think some pics and an interview were in this past sundays issue, so its really recent
Old 12-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ah. That's probably why, then. Thanks!