Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm not sure Kimberly I do remember in season 4 "Coming Home" Joey said this .......

Quote:
Joey: Pacey, I wanted to see Dawson tonight not because for four months of my life he was my boyfriend, but because for the better part of my life, he was my friend. And as my friend, I hurt him deeply.
^^ I always just assumed from that line that Dawson & Joey were together for 2 months the first time they were a couple and then it was their one month anniversary in "Reunited" of being back together so the two episodes left in season 2 must of = another month which would add up to 4 months of them being together as a couple.

and Yeah the line from "Reunited" .....

Quote:
Joey: I have to admit that I am a little surprised that you're okay with this considering it is our one month anniversary for whatever we are...or were...(smiles) or are.
I guess I always thought Joey was Just teasing Dawson with the "are...or were... or are" line like it was her way of joking with him by playfully implying if you didn't plan anything for our one month anniversary then we must not be together. you know like the "are" means we are together and the "were" means we are not together.

OK this is driving me nuts cuz now after thinking about what Kimberly said I feel like I was waaaaay off and now I'm not sure what to think about the "are...or were...or are" line. This is Confusing why is analyzing DC always so hard.

Last edited by Lucas William; 02-26-2012 at 02:11 AM
Old 02-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Theres too many PJ fans around. A lot of epople dissed dawson so much when the show was airing. and james. did you guys see that article that Kevin wrote he spoke TVD and dawsons creek? and dora who did you like pacey with? A soulmate to me is not a friend.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

ohhh i like the joke interpretation of that scene Luke! now i think its cute!

i have a bad habbit of getting stuff wrong... first thinking the dj sex song said "your lala" instead of "your love" - now thinking that they were celebrating a month of being together that was separated into two parts
Old 02-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandroryforever (View Post)
and dora who did you like pacey with? A soulmate to me is not a friend.
Andie and then later Audrey. To this day I haven't seen the ending of the series finale, just watched the D/J 'soulmates' scene. There were some videos floating around at the time where people finished the episode with that scene - I quite enjoyed them

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 02-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_kitten (View Post)
Andie and then later Audrey. To this day I haven't seen the ending of the series finale, just watched the D/J 'soulmates' scene. There were some videos floating around at the time where people finished the episode with that scene - I quite enjoyed them

Dora
cool. we have so much in common Dora. you're not a pj fan I hope? Andie came back in the series finale. and I'm glad you liked pacey and audrey too. Both were better than PJ imo. Not too many people liked Audrey and him together or busy for that matter.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

No, by no means am I a P/J fan For me the show ended with the D/J soulmates scene and I refuse to believe otherwise

I think Busy is great at comedy and I always felt that Audrey brought a severely needed lightness to the show, so I am glad to be able to watch her on Cougartown atm.

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
Old 02-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_kitten (View Post)
No, by no means am I a P/J fan For me the show ended with the D/J soulmates scene and I refuse to believe otherwise

I think Busy is great at comedy and I always felt that Audrey brought a severely needed lightness to the show, so I am glad to be able to watch her on Cougartown atm.
like everyone loves them. don't they look like siblings?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Hi eduardo! you hate pj too?
I dislike Pacey and Joey as couple but I don’t hate them. I’ve never hated them. Actually, I can’t hate any fictional character. I’m hating, instead, everybody ruined a such promising show; because, in my opinion, that was Dawson’s Creek: a show with a great (but unexplored) potential. For that reason, I can’t accept that Kevin Williamson called “purist” (that isn’t an insult) everybody wanted Dawson and Joey together in the finale of Dawson’s Creek. Or well, if purist means only, in this case, “to want Dawson and Joey together”, I’m that and I’m proud to be it but “purist”, actually, is “a person who adheres strictly, and often excessively, to a tradition”, a person who desires that some things remains always true to their essence and free from adulterating or diluting influences. Well, I’m DJer but I’m not feeling in that way and of course I didn’t want the show remained blocked in the same circle ever and ever and I’ve never thought, also, that Pacey and Joey didn’t deserve a chance but I believe it was wicked to assassinate two characters (Dawson and Andie, and their relationships with Joey and Pacey) in order to bring together someone other (Pacey and Joey). Of course I think it’s stupid, now, to rewrite history how Kevin Williamson (and Paul Stupin) made in all these years.

Quote:
did you guys see that article that Kevin wrote he spoke TVD and dawsons creek?
I felt angry when I’ve read that article because he spoke about us, as though we wanted the show had not any changing. Instead, I wanted the show evolved but from season 3 on, sadly, Dawson’s Creek, in my opinion, regressed (in the worst way), turned to a crap, turned to a teen soap, turned always around the same question: “with whom will be Joey Potter?”

Kevin Williamson didn’t work in Dawson’s Creek when season 3 aired, and maybe he didn’t watch it either, but I can’t forget how that season was bad and, especially, how TPTB ruined Andie and Dawson. She has been, in season 2, an amazing character and I loved her relationship with Pacey. That girl would never have betrayed him.

So, to me, everything Kevin Williamson said about Dawson/Joey/Pacey, since DC ended, was really pathetic. In his last interview he spoke about Pacey and Joey as though they were meant to be from the beginning. Well, I don’t wish to quote at every turn “Billion Dollar Kiss”, by Jeffrey Stepakoff, but in that book he’s written how and why the Pacey and Joey romance was born and who created it (Greg Berlanti).

Therefore, it isn’t true there was in season 1 a storyline between Pacey and Joey (as Williamson said) and that ultimately they were going to have to get it on. Or that they knew it was going to be a triangle.

He said: “we saw it and we waited and we put a pause on it and the writers brought it in at the right time”.

That is, simply, untrue.

Quote:
Im waiting for an honest reason/answer from kevin, blame the studio for all i care but i refuse to believe he let go of everything he wanted us to "learn" about soulmates and friendships for a fanbase

we deserve the truth!

its a little hard for me to believe someone with a such strong believe in soul mates would all let it go for P/J (no offense for p/j, in their own way they were great)
Kevin Williamson is a pathological liar (just as Paul Stupin). I don't believe in him. I can't stand people who are fake and tell lies and Kevin Williamson is like that.

Now it’s simply to rewrite history saying Pacey and Joey were meant to be from the beginning, redefining what “soulmate” means (not necessarily your romantic love) or saying that Dawson got what he wanted when the show started; but for six years, Williamson, Stupin, Berlanti, Kapinos, etc. etc. , (with us) were always like “don’t lose the hope, Dawson and Joey are soulmates who met too young, they belonged together, they falling in love, hope dies last, they’ll always find their way back each other, the show is about the love between that two, etc. etc.” Well, when I remember these moments, I feel bad, so bad because they betrayed our trust. Listening to him, now, it seems that "Modern Romance" was the "leitmotif" (the pivot) of all the show

They wanted Pacey and Joey together not because "her childish love for Dawson has given way to her grown-up love for Pacey" (as Julie Plec said), but because him, the WB and Stupin wanted to satisfy the largest fanbase (PJer), giving, contemporaneously, a consolation prize to us redefining what “soulmate” means while Dawson found his happiness because he got to work with Spielberg.

If Dawson and Joey did end up together, instead, they satisfied us but Pacey looked as a loser and, most of all, PJers didn't get anything; not even a little consolation prize.

Jerry D, years ago, said that Paul Stupin piloted the show on the base of last internet poll (even Jeffrey Stepakoff wrote something like that in his book)

Quote:
What a wonderful video. Thanks for sharing
Quote:
Oh, I missed your videos, Edoardo! *makes sure to watch it soon*
Quote:
Edoardo Thanks for posting that new video you made I like it a lot the freeze frames with the special effects (the lighting and the way the frames move in and out) really looks cool with those season 1 D/Jo moments and you were able to capture the magic of those D/Jo moments nice job Edoardo I hope you keep making more.
Thank you

Edoardo
Old 03-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoardo (View Post)
I dislike Pacey and Joey as couple but I don’t hate them. I’ve never hated them. Actually, I can’t hate any fictional character. I’m hating, instead, everybody ruined a such promising show; because, in my opinion, that was Dawson’s Creek: a show with a great (but unexplored) potential. For that reason, I can’t accept that Kevin Williamson called “purist” (that isn’t an insult) everybody wanted Dawson and Joey together in the finale of Dawson’s Creek. Or well, if purist means only, in this case, “to want Dawson and Joey together”, I’m that and I’m proud to be it but “purist”, actually, is “a person who adheres strictly, and often excessively, to a tradition”, a person who desires that some things remains always true to their essence and free from adulterating or diluting influences. Well, I’m DJer but I’m not feeling in that way and of course I didn’t want the show remained blocked in the same circle ever and ever and I’ve never thought, also, that Pacey and Joey didn’t deserve a chance but I believe it was wicked to assassinate two characters (Dawson and Andie, and their relationships with Joey and Pacey) in order to bring together someone other (Pacey and Joey). Of course I think it’s stupid, now, to rewrite history how Kevin Williamson (and Paul Stupin) made in all these years.

I felt angry when I’ve read that article because he spoke about us, as though we wanted the show had not any changing. Instead, I wanted the show evolved but from season 3 on, sadly, Dawson’s Creek, in my opinion, regressed (in the worst way), turned to a crap, turned to a teen soap, turned always around the same question: “with whom will be Joey Potter?”

Kevin Williamson didn’t work in Dawson’s Creek when season 3 aired, and maybe he didn’t watch it either, but I can’t forget how that season was bad and, especially, how TPTB ruined Andie and Dawson. She has been, in season 2, an amazing character and I loved her relationship with Pacey. That girl would never have betrayed him.

So, to me, everything Kevin Williamson said about Dawson/Joey/Pacey, since DC ended, was really pathetic. In his last interview he spoke about Pacey and Joey as though they were meant to be from the beginning. Well, I don’t wish to quote at every turn “Billion Dollar Kiss”, by Jeffrey Stepakoff, but in that book he’s written how and why the Pacey and Joey romance was born and who created it (Greg Berlanti).

Therefore, it isn’t true there was in season 1 a storyline between Pacey and Joey (as Williamson said) and that ultimately they were going to have to get it on. Or that they knew it was going to be a triangle.

He said: “we saw it and we waited and we put a pause on it and the writers brought it in at the right time”.

That is, simply, untrue.

Kevin Williamson is a pathological liar (just as Paul Stupin). I don't believe in him. I can't stand people who are fake and tell lies and Kevin Williamson is like that.

Now it’s simply to rewrite history saying Pacey and Joey were meant to be from the beginning, redefining what “soulmate” means (not necessarily your romantic love) or saying that Dawson got what he wanted when the show started; but for six years, Williamson, Stupin, Berlanti, Kapinos, etc. etc. , (with us) were always like “don’t lose the hope, Dawson and Joey are soulmates who met too young, they belonged together, they falling in love, hope dies last, they’ll always find their way back each other, the show is about the love between that two, etc. etc.” Well, when I remember these moments, I feel bad, so bad because they betrayed our trust. Listening to him, now, it seems that "Modern Romance" was the "leitmotif" (the pivot) of all the show

They wanted Pacey and Joey together not because "her childish love for Dawson has given way to her grown-up love for Pacey" (as Julie Plec said), but because him, the WB and Stupin wanted to satisfy the largest fanbase (PJer), giving, contemporaneously, a consolation prize to us redefining what “soulmate” means while Dawson found his happiness because he got to work with Spielberg.

If Dawson and Joey did end up together, instead, they satisfied us but Pacey looked as a loser and, most of all, PJers didn't get anything; not even a little consolation prize.

Jerry D, years ago, said that Paul Stupin piloted the show on the base of last internet poll (even Jeffrey Stepakoff wrote something like that in his book)

Thank you

Edoardo
wow! You explained it perfectly. Basically Andie came back for nothing. and even audrey was better for him than joey! They're doing the same thing with TVD. Delena I love but not as much as Stelena this season. and Matt and carolinea ll the way! though I do love Forwood. Too many people liked PJ together.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 03-02-2012 at 07:14 PM
Old 03-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

I think the PJo fandom has always just been louder than the DJo fandom. All the people I've ever met in real life liked DJo together. I never knew people actually liked PJo together until I came to FF. Imo the fandom is evenly split. A lot of DJo fans just quit coming around/posting after the finale. Who could blame them? I personally refused to watch the show for years after the finale first aired, I was so angry that I couldn't watch the show anymore. But after a few years that anger cooled off and I was able to enjoy the show again. Plus, I started to post with some amazing people at the main thread which only strengthened my love for this couple. The way the show ended doesn't bother me as much as it used to. We just saw one moment of their adult lives. Whose to say that DJo didn't end up together after the show was over with? It's their pattern. I have no doubts that DJo will always be together. They're soulmates.

Deb's vids are great because she always captures a side of DJo that I love. She does it so intricately. I wish she still made vids of them.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 03-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I could agree with you there Nic. A lot of people loved PJO together. a lot on fanpop. They have 2000 fans of the siblings aka PJ. They got their ending. But imo Audrey and Andie were better for Pacey. They always will be. They were my girls after all.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

I agree, Nic, most people I knew at the time and have met since, were and are DJo fans, but there is a lot of bitterness left by the way the show ended. The PJo fans remained tied to the show & to the boards because they "got their ending" and some are still basking in the glory of that. It was, at the end, about winning for them than about wanting the best for their beloved characters.
I've always thought Andie and Audrey were better for Pacey, especially Andie. And the cut scene from the finale was my proof (along with the cut DC scenes) that showing PJo with anyone else completely undermined the final parts and the ending. In those little scenes, everyone could see that DJo & PA had chemistry off the charts, that even after years of not seeing each other, they still had that connection.

The fact that KW went on record with saying he originally started writing the finale with a DJo ending in mind makes his claims of foreseeing a PJo romance and happy ending a complete lie. How could he believe that one couple (PJo) was so great, but come in with the intention of having another couple end together? It makes no sense and he's justifying the ending he wrote, even after all these years.

Deb's and Karen's videos are badly missed, they are still amazing.

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 03-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

Wow! Strong discussion going on here! I'll catch up soon!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Didn't KW also say that he wrote a PJo ending after all to make it 'unexpected' and a 'surprise'? What was the purpose of that?

Old 03-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

What was the line? "Surprise, not satisfy" Yes, that's a line that one of the writers for "The Creek" used in the finale, I think. And that's what they've done in the DC finale.

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ