Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2020, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I fell in love with your son
Old 06-02-2020, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted Goddess (View Post)
Such a good episode. So much Malex
I just find it interesting that even with Alex not in the episode. Their love for each other is felt.

I'm still surprised that she has used Malex so little, I mean she has literal star crossed lovers, two Romeos, one the son of the hostile humans, the other of the immigrating alien race. And she's barely even put that into practice. She has this cosmic pairing and instead of playing their strengths, she goes with cliche tacky bs that usually pollutes teenage aimed shows. Sorry, I just don't get her not using one of her most popular and strong parts of the show for the show's drawl.

Flint knew that Alex was the one to take to get Michael to play along and who would motivate Michael the most. Not the person Michael is dating, not Sanders, not one of his siblings, nope the one person who would make Michael play ball was Alex. Like everyone can see the love they share with each other.

Michael is so angry, so filled with so much rage, which makes sense considering what has happened. But I do think he sees Alex as better, Alex has evolved to not let his anger weigh him down, to halt his process. I wonder if when Michael said he wanted to be good for someone, that was half his anger and half he didn't think himself worthy of Alex? The whole you could live a thousand lifetimes and never deserve that boy. Michael loves Alex so much, but I think Michael also has a lot of self loathing that eats him up. Though so does Alex, so they have that in common as well as a lot of other things.

Alex being in the trailer, I wonder if he escapes or if he's was let go. I would think if they wanted Michael to build that bomb to go to all that trouble. They would keep Alex hostage until everything was over, so there could be no hitch and they could keep their leverage going.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
This season is amazing, but I don’t like how they did Max dirty. Canon is that he’s her older brother. Now, he’s just this enigma. But I loved Louise and Norah. I’m over the triangle. He’ll either pick Alex or they’ll be a thrupple.
No throuple. Malex will get their chance. How can they not?! These people knew Alex was Michael’s weakness. That means so much.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that they knew to take Alex Hopefully the last two episodes don't let us down
Old 06-02-2020, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It better not let us down
Old 06-02-2020, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted Goddess (View Post)
No throuple. Malex will get their chance. How can they not?! These people knew Alex was Michael’s weakness. That means so much.
I was joking.

Of course Malex will win. Maria is just in his system until he doesn't want to run from his feelings any longer.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am hoping Malex get to have an honest conversation about their feelings before this season ends.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope so too
Old 06-03-2020, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

They both believe the other one is over them, yet they both are still in love with each other!!! They need to talk!!!
Old 06-03-2020, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes they do, they really do
Old 06-03-2020, 03:08 AM
Master Fan

Alex really is the person that Michael would do anything for. He's not just putting his life in danger to save Alex, he's offering up other lives as well all to save one person. Since other people will be harm with a weapon that's after aliens, which would kill more than just the trio. Mimi, Maria, and Rosa to name a few, I'm sure we will have some more down the line.

Just like Max did with Liz, when she was shot because he couldn't lose her. And put more than just himself in danger, he put Isobel and Michael in danger too. That's what Michael feel for Alex and he needs to own that.

After knowing that if they keep that horrible triangle or stupid square going after the finale. I might throw my remote at the tv, cause that's just stupid and lazy.

I wonder if they will have Alex tell Michael that he shouldn't had agree, that Alex's life doesn't mean more than anyone else. And Michael says, not to him, how Alex is the one person he can't lose. Maybe have Michael say something like, "I fell in love with you when I was seventeen, I loved you then, I love you now, I'll love you until the day I die."
Old 06-03-2020, 11:33 AM
Passionate Fan

I just think it is very telling that these people took Alex to get Michael to accomplish this thing. That means something important within the narrative of the story. The writers had it be Alex taken. Just truly think about that.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Alex was taken as a way to control Michael and give him an intensive to work for them.

I do find it interesting that they could had Michael do all sorts with his powers to Jesse, Flint, even Helena before all she even walked over to him. But he didn't because one he was focused on getting Alex back. And I think also because Michael knew that wouldn't look good to Alex. As much as Michael hated Jesse and Flint, he held back because I think he knew Alex wouldn't want him to. Also because they are Alex's family and no matter what they have done, Alex wouldn't want them harmed.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:24 PM
Passionate Fan

^ Yes that, but they could have had Michael accomplish that by taking Isobel, Max or Maria. The fact that the show, that the narrative places Alex in this position means so much more then we can truly imagine. I am looking forward to the finale.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Well Flint did say that taking Alex would have been the best way to get Michael to work. Perhaps the show is showing that Alex is Michael's one with it's narrative. The one he would risk everything for, even death. I mean sure Michael would do that for anyone he cares for, that's who he is. But the show picked Alex especially, so they must be saying something there.