Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2020, 03:05 PM
Passionate Fan

I hope we meet her in season 3. And I want to see Alex’s reaction to her.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

It will be interesting to see what Alex' dynamic is with his mother.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

I wonder what age they were when she left, I'm guessing young-ish. The way Flint reacted on the mom subject, I'm assuming he was on the cusp on early teenager when she left. And since he's at least two years older than Alex. I'm guessing that Flint was 12/13 and Alex was 10/11.

I also wonder how much contact she's had with them after she left. Considering Flint's reaction, but Alex has talked to her about Jesse. And didn't Jesse still wear his wedding ring? I wonder if Jesse wouldn't let her near his soldiers in the making?
Old 07-01-2020, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd say she probably tried to keep in touch with her kids as much as she could... but I have feeling Jesse made that increasingly difficult for her. I just want to know if she ever tried to get custody of her boys.. or if she ever tried to take them away.... I don't really know what type of a woman she is... all I know is that she left her babies to a man who was abusive, manipulative and controlling.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:02 AM
Master Fan

And she knew what Jesse was like, she live with him and was married to him. She also left him, so she must had a reason, not like Jesse is some marvelous catch of a good man. I'm not saying she's a bad person because we don't know really anything about her.

I do think she tried to get custody or some sort of custody. But Jesse being Jesse, who probably saw his boys as property and wanted to hurt her and the, I'm assuming he made that difficult.

I wonder if she had an affair with someone who was kind, good, sweet, caring, all the things that Jesse was not. Where Jesse found out, he threw her out, and made it difficult to see her boys.

I also wonder which boy looks the most like her? I'm guessing Flint, simply because she was such a sensitive subject for him. That Jesse takes his hatred of his wife out of his son who resembles her. That Flint has something to prove, that he's worthy and loyal unlike his mom because Jesse probably made him feel small like he did with the rest of his family.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just really want to see Alex and his dynamic with her.. he doesn't seem to be angry about it.. but then again, the writing has not focused on that relationship with Alex yet...
Old 07-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I wondered about that, I wonder if because most of his focus was on Jesse and what Jesse being his war meant. So Mindy kinda flew under the radar and he hasn't confronted what she is to him.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly.. it will be interesting once Carina gets into that.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

I wonder if they will have Alex think he's fine when it comes to his mom and then have a tons of feelings come screaming out that he locked away because he was focus on the Jesse ones. And they take him by surprise?
Old 07-03-2020, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am not sure how Alex will be around his mother.. it's one of the reasons I am very intrigued to meet her though.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I don't think Mindy is planned to make an appearance until a few seasons (if still on the air) down the line. I think the main focus of Alex's family are gonna be his brothers and the Manes legacy.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Alex will always be the prominent focus in the Manes' arc, but I also believe Mindy and her heritage (I really wish they would change her name) will play some part in the alien mythlogy of the show,
Old 07-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie04 (View Post)
I hope we meet his mom eventually.
We definitely need too
Old 07-05-2020, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 07-05-2020, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love that, thanks