Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2019, 10:28 AM
Moderator Manager

Hoping so too, Erin

That's great, Cece!! You sound very enthusiastic about your job and I find that awesome! All teachers should have that sort of energy because it's not an easy thing, and being able to teach something new to someone is pretty impressive. Math is tricky, like we talked before and it's needed someone with lots of tips to facilitate that.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's one of the best jobs, IMO. And keeps me young; love my kiddos.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Hoping so too, Erin
Keeping my fingers crossed for a Saturday delivery, but who knows since it’s coming by UPS see I have to use a router to get my internet back since the SIM card I have to use in my Jetpack is a different carrier then the former one I used and it’s not picking up the signal/ bands to make it connect so the ISP person is sending me out a router so I can get connected again.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good!
Old 07-12-2019, 11:40 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry pretty (View Post)
It's one of the best jobs, IMO. And keeps me young; love my kiddos.
I have a whole newfound respect for teachers a few years ago I took a class to teach, that lasted like 6 months as it was definitely not for me. After that I really see teachers with new eyes and am forever grateful for them
Old 07-12-2019, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awwe. Sweet of you to say.

Catching up on This Is Us, season 3. I've caught up on so many shows this summer. Last school year being my first at my current school was pretty hectic. Will be better this year. But it's good to have lots of shows to catch up on. Not bored this summer break, like I am usually.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I never wanted to be a teacher because I hate talk infront of people, but I always respected them and thought they did an amazing job to stand up there to teach us. Most pupils wasn't like that though and sometimes they wouldn't listen to them. Which made me so annoyed alot.

I remember when one of the gym teacher broke his foot. No one of my classmates held up the door for him when he wanted to go out with his crutches and we was going back indoors after our gym lesson with our teacher was over. They all just ran past him without any glance. But I saw that he wanted out and I stopped in my tracks and turned back around to hold the door open for him. He said to me while passing me "Thank you Jessica. You are so kind." And that moment still is with me today.

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 07-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's sad no one held the door for him. Good for you! Nowadays, a lot of children don't know respect like they used to. And I think this is contributed to how they are raised and the availability of technology for them. Too much screen time at a young age isn't good. They're losing human interactions and skills that come with it.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I totally agree with you. Kids today is so much worse with respecting things etc then before. It is so sad.

If I ever have kids, I will make sure that they don't use technology so much until they are older. They first needs to be kids and play normal.

Me and my wild boy
Old 07-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

And it's ok to let them cry. Don't give in so easily to them. You're the adult. Being a parent is a tough job. I don't claim it is easy, but it's an important job. And huge responsibility. Your child is the future.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Yes. I really agree with that too.

Me and my wild boy
Old 07-12-2019, 01:06 PM
Moderator Manager

Jessica that's nice what you did! And yeah, I remember when I was in school how disrespectful some people were and it was just annoying.
ITA with you girls that nowadays kids have even less respect for others and things... makes me sound old but it wasn't like that before. I patients (kids) that talk to their parents in a way that if I did that when I was younger (I imagine even now that i'm an adult) my parents would bit my head off.

And yeah, I love technology and computers/cell phones but I think kids should be kids for a while and play and run and actually fall down while their kids.. time will come when they'll get older and will want to just stay online/playing games
Old 07-12-2019, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I had access to technology when I was a kid, but I was limited. And we also didn't have the best stuff, y'all remember dial up? Those were the glorious days. I messed around a lot with the VCR as a baby, parents told me, and later the one home computer we had. Parents knew I'd grow up to be tech savy. I didn't get my first handheld video game console until middle school. Some toddlers today know how to use a cellphone. There is something wrong with that. These are important years for a child to develop skills, especially social skills. Now schools and teachers are tasked with the job of building up a child's emotional wellbeing and teaching social skills because we are with school-aged kiddos longer than their parents each day. BUT, that responsibility should be on the parents and part of raising their own? I understand if the kiddo has a disability like Autism; social skills are part of his/her deficits and not the parents' fault entirely. I'm talking about those parents who haven't really parented. It is sad, and I know there are other factors. I teach at a title one school (low socioeconomic area) with most parents having two or more jobs. I feel like part of being a responsible person is knowing how much you can handle though. How many children you can handle. Many of our families have 5 or more kids, and it's like why? You bring a kid in the world but don't want to deal with them after. It's all around very sad.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:45 PM
Moderator Manager

I also had access, but I remember that my mom used to set an hour that I could start watching tv, and then yeah the dial-up Now that was a pain
I've always had video games console because my parents also liked to play, but again, video games only at night couldn't play during the day.
I completely agree with you I think that it's important for kids to play around, not only for coordination but also because of immunity, they should have contact with sand and get dirty and things like that, also interacting with other kids which makes them learn how to share things not to mention get along and deal with people. And yeah on knowing how many kids you can handle and be able to raise.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, because getting along and dealing with people are things they will have to do for the rest of their lives. Skills like those are essential, and you can't gain that skill sitting in front of a TV or computer.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread