Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

I wonder if someone could tell me how this picture was blended together...

Blend

See how the area between Eowyn and Aragorn is blended like that. I've tried this with other pics but am unable to get it to blend this well. I can never get the blended area to look as smooth as the artist got this one to look. Any help would be very, very cool. I think it might be a mixture of eraser and blend but I'm not sure. Thanks! Oh, btw I use PSP 7, that information might be helpful. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 02-06-2004: Message edited VirgoKitty ]
Old 02-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Anyone *coughAetherizecough* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] You can PM me. Thanks. And Glare too. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by VirgoKitty:
<STRONG>I wonder if someone could tell me how this picture was blended together...

[ 02-06-2004: Message edited VirgoKitty ]</STRONG>
it looks like they took both pictures and layered them on top of each other. then they took a brush and made it fuzzy around the edges and erased at the middle. which allows bits of stuff to show through somewhat. there's a better more step by step tut at http://last-beautiful-girl.com/lolipop
n e r b l e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Does anyone know how to achieve this effect in Photoshop

I tried using Gradient Map but it doesn't look right.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by n e r b l e:
<STRONG>
it looks like they took both pictures and layered them on top of each other. then they took a brush and made it fuzzy around the edges and erased at the middle. which allows bits of stuff to show through somewhat. there's a better more step by step tut at http://last-beautiful-girl.com/lolipop</STRONG>
Thank you n e r b l e that helps a lot! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2004, 11:34 AM
New Fan

I have 2 questions. How do you make animated avatars, and add boarders around it. Also, does anyone know how to make Sparkle Text??? Or does anyone have any good tutorials on any of the questions I asked. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
oOjEWeLSoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I was wondering how to do this kind of "old newspaper" backgroud effect like on those w/ps?

w/p 1

w/p 2

Do I have to download brushes for this? I can't figure this out [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
-Alina- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Can someone tell me how to make custom avatars? I want to have it ready for when I hit 500 posts. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2004, 04:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Alina-:
<STRONG>I was wondering how to do this kind of "old newspaper" backgroud effect like on those w/ps?

w/p 1

w/p 2

Do I have to download brushes for this? I can't figure this out [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]</STRONG>
i would say that a texture was used for that effect..

maybe the paper textures at
tere's website [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2004, 05:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Jen -:
<STRONG>

i would say that a texture was used for that effect..

maybe the paper textures at
tere's website [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Jen, thanks a lot.
-Alina- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 01:40 PM
New Fan

*BUMP* Does anyone know where I find tutorials on how to make animated avatars???
oOjEWeLSoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 04:21 PM
New Fan

ok, this is driving me crazy, in PS7 is there a way to make rectangular selections with rounded corners? I'm sure I was using a tutorial one time and there was a key you could press whilst making your selction with the retangular marquee and it automatically rounded the corners. For the life of me I can't remember what it was or where the tutorial was. The only instructions I can find now involve using the elliptical marquee to create the corners, but I'm sure there was a simpler way. Any ideas??

Ariel
Old 03-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ArielStarr:
<STRONG>ok, this is driving me crazy, in PS7 is there a way to make rectangular selections with rounded corners? I'm sure I was using a tutorial one time and there was a key you could press whilst making your selction with the retangular marquee and it automatically rounded the corners. For the life of me I can't remember what it was or where the tutorial was. The only instructions I can find now involve using the elliptical marquee to create the corners, but I'm sure there was a simpler way. Any ideas??

Ariel</STRONG>
Set up your psp so your tool options bar is open, then select your selector tool, and there should be a bar that comes up on the tool options bar. You can select rounded rectangle there [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-13-2004: Message edited magicman ]
Old 03-13-2004, 05:17 PM
New Fan

managed to figure it out just after I posted - typical! But thanks for the help anyway, magicman [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2004, 11:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I hope somebody knows what the hell I am talking about because it is driving me friggin' crazy trying to find this site.

This is a digital manipulation-centric site. I believe it was some sort of contest? Anyways it had a vintage/retro focus and they were ALL stars of the WB -- it stuff like Clark as a war bomber and yeah. I really want to find it again and searching on Google is bringing up weird crap and nothing that I really want so if somebody knows the URL and could help me I would love them forever and ever.

ETA: Oh, also, I hope this is not off-topic and if it is, I'm very sorry.

[ 03-13-2004: Message edited grace ]
miss blue sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread