Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2020, 09:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Black Lightning (3x12) -The Book of Markovia: Chapter Three:Motherless Id- Episode Discussion (airdate 2/3/20)

BLACK LIGHTNING
“The Book of Markovia: Chapter Three” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14,LV) (HDTV)

DEMONS - Jefferson (Cress Williams) and Anissa (Nafessa Williams) join forces with the ASA to help one of their own. Meanwhile, Lynn (Christine Adams) is forced to continue battling her demons. China Anne McClain, James Remar, Damon Gupton, Marvin Jones III and Jordan Calloway also star. Bille Woodruff directed the episode written by Adam Giaudrone & Lynelle White (#312). Original airdate 2/3/2020.

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 02-09-2020 at 08:58 AM
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:29 PM
Graphics Team

They got Khalil back! But I felt so bad for him Especially when he found out he killed his own mom. I wonder if there's a way they can make it so he no longer has a poisonous touch?

The Grace/Anissa play sparring was cute.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:59 PM
I am a basketball genius!

What do think about someone going into another's mind like that? Can't recall it happening much on-screen before. Though different, it reminded me of "Being John Malkovich", if you've seen that film. Crazy that the A.S.A. programmed him & Jeff is working with them apparently.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

im glad Khalil is back. but he has to be seriously messed up inside after everything he is remembering about what he did. and now he has a poisonous touch. I hope they find a way to help him.

and now Jace is working with the mad guys and trying to trick lynn into helping them. that can't be good.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:21 PM

In the Black Lightning comics that I've read, which are older ones, but Painkiller didn't even know Jeff's family & Khalil didn't date of course any of Jeff's daughters. Painkiller's ''real name'' I saw on Wikipedia is not even mentioned in Black Lightning comics, which I can see why they'd want Khalil as Painkiller, but I would've tried to cast someone else for that role & just let Khalil be himself on this show. Then we wouldn't have gotten that scene I guess with Jennifer that Khalil had on this episode, but I'd be OK with that. Did you see that doctor's list of "How to make a friend"? "Listen sometimes.", "Pretend to care." I mean that lady should by now know to listen to someone if she wants to be friends with that person. My gosh.

Last edited by canflam; 02-04-2020 at 10:36 PM
Old 02-05-2020, 11:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

yes anyone should know that much
Old 02-05-2020, 04:56 PM

This lady is I guess smart too as she is a ''doctor''. It does get me to wonder about her upbringing though & how she has interacted with people like casually for example & if she has kids or not. Though, I'd guess not if she needs to have a list how to interact with people in general. She probably isn't married either, which is great I suppose but just brings up the question of how she has gone through life not knowing how to just in general interact with others? She is still human after all, so I'd expect her to know about emotions at least.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

she is just so focused on work all the time I guess she just doesn't interact with others and therefor has no social skills.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, didn't expect a Lynn/Jace fight so early in the ep! Lynn was kicking her a$$ until Mosin (or whatever his name is) walked in. Also, can Jeff & Anissa truly trust Grayle? (Even though he did tell them that Lynn ws kidnapped.)

I'm glad that Jeff told Anissa about Lynn's addiction. In times like those, that'ssomethign you CAN'T battle alone.

Looks like they helped Khalil overcome his Painkiller mind control, but now he's poisonous to the touch! Will Jen get a break w/him, or are they setting it up for her to be w/Brandon? Anyway, I hope that TC becomes a permanent member of the team.
Popcorn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:21 PM

Well, she'd probably have found out about Lynn anyway. Since you brought it up, I'm curious if there will be a love triangle with Khalil & Brandon fighting over Jennifer, assuming that Painkiller is gone & doesn't return.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah I agree they are prob setting up a love triangle between Khalil and Brandon with Jennifer. but until Khalil figures out a way not to be poisonous that relationship is kinda doomed.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:42 PM

It's going to be interesting, because they in theory shouldn't have much time for a love triangle considering the lives that they lead, but I'm not ruling it out.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

that is true. but this is tv so nothing is realistic on here
Old 02-09-2020, 02:42 PM

Well, it isn't as unrealistic as other T.V. shows based on comics are that I watch I think, but love triangles don't happen in them, so curious how this goes.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

we shall wait and see how it plays out
Reply   Post New Thread