Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2019, 08:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Black Lightning (3x09) - The Book of Resistance: Chapter Four: Earth Crisis - Episode Discussion (12/9/2019)

BLACK LIGHTNING

“The Book of Resistance: Chapter Four: Earth Crisis” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

WINTER FINALE - The Pierce family fears for Jennifer’s (China Anne McClain) life. Cress Williams, Nafessa Williams, Christine Adams, James Remar, Damon Gupton, Marvin Jones III and Jordan Calloway also star. Tasha Smith directed the episode written by Lamont Magee (#309).

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 12-09-2019 at 11:32 AM
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:40 PM
I am a basketball genius!

This looks like it will be an pretty good episode. Excited to see it tomorrow.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Graphics Team

I can't wait to see what happens in this ep. I hope things will be okay with Jennifer.
I read this episode is supposed to kind of tie into the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover?

ETA:
Is this ep called Third Stone from the Sun? Or is it called Earth Crisis? I've seen it called both, so I'm confused
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time

Last edited by ice choco; 12-09-2019 at 11:08 AM
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

looks like spoiler tv changed it. i updated it in the OP
do you think i should make a crisis crossover thread?
Old 12-09-2019, 05:45 PM

You can. Black Lightning wasn't on ''Supergirl'' yesterday & they could have used his help I think as Green Arrow has died. Though, unsure what he could've done to stop that from happening. In general this is a pretty big crisis & all the help is needed that's possible I think.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Graphics Team

^ Jeff only appears in The Flash and LoT eps.. that's why he wasn't in it.

OKAY HOLD UP!! Did the world we know in this show just vanish?!? Did that really just happen?? I thought only the "other" worlds from the other Jennifers were going to cease to exist.

But this was definitely a Jennifer-centric eppy. I liked it.

Though I'm also like.. wow Jenn was way darker in Earth 2. But it was interesting to see what happened in Earth 1 and 2.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

I really enjoyed this episode. I like all the different versions of jenn. It’s sort of wrong how much I enjoyed the dark version of her.

Also seeing the continued on Crisis on Infinite earths pop up at end was just crazy. I’m so confused as to what is gonna happen with all the earths being gone. It kind of looked like this earth was destroyed as well. I’m so confused.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н (View Post)
Though I'm also like.. wow Jenn was way darker in Earth 2. But it was interesting to see what happened in Earth 1 and 2.
In terms of Earth-1; I wonder why Oliver and Barry didn't show up to help? It would've been great. For Earth-2; why didn't Zoom come to Freeland and take it all? It would've helped him when he went after Barry. Both Earth's never made mention of Central City and how the Meta's there became them due to the particle accelerator versus Greenlight.
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:46 AM
Graphics Team

Why would Oliver and Barry show up? Did they know them?
I've no idea who Zoom is.

Well, up until now this show has been separate from the Arrowverse. So maybe they didn't think about mentioning Central City?

Makes me wonder what will happen now that "our" Earth is gone. I was really hoping that more than just Jeff would appear in the crossover. But since he was the only one who got out..
My question is, how come no one on the Earths were freaking out or concerned about the sky? I mean it was mentioned, but not really any seemed concerned.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i was wondering about that too jac

i kinda liked seeing the different versions of jen. it was great to see her play such a different range than what she usually plays. i kinda liked the dark version the best from earth 2.

so lynn is trying to make her on batch of green light in her kitchen? she is really addicted.

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 12-10-2019 at 11:12 AM
Old 12-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

This ep was pretty interesting...

I'm thinking that the other versions of Jen sort of fit in to how she was feeling conflicted; one part of her believed the ASA (E2 Jinn), the other, her father (E1 Gen). Since Jen sort of met her doppelgangers, I hope she'll choose wisely on what path to take next. I know it looks like their entire Earth was wiped out (btw, what was the number of their Earth?) , but I know they'll all be back.

I liked how the end was a nice segue into the next ep of Crisis. Can't wait for Jeff & Barry to meet!
Popcorn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:07 PM

Darn it. I was hoping to see some Superman & Tobias on this episode, perhaps confront each other. That would've been amazing I think. There should be a Supergirl/Black Lightning crossover at some point.

OK. So, Odell is not dead I guess & Jeff taught A.S.A. history as he was told to. Reminds me of the D.P.R.K. & their teachings of the Korean & War compared to what actually happened at that time.

Anissa & Jenn saw Jeff get shot, which I didn't expect. Anissa asked Gambi where her mom is. Which, I was thinking I'd give her 2 chances to guess where she is & what she's doing there. My guess was no matter what, it involves Green Light. I think it did cut to a scene of Lynn making Green Light though.

I did learn on this episode that ''a parallel universe has been a stable theory of modern physics.'' OK. Well, I never took physics, but if you already knew that about a parallel universe, then good for you. Well done.

Jeff & Lynn arguing about who's ''fault'' it was is kinda funny. On this occasion I didn't mind them bickering. Jeff also told Jenn that her powers are like a ''drug and addictive''. It's easy to think of Lynn after hearing him say that.

No Tobias on this episode, but we did get to watch 2 Jennifers from different worlds fight each other. ''It's too much when you think it's OK to kill your entire family'' was a notable quote from this episode. Another was by the evil Jennifer to the nicer 1 when she said after being asked ''What's that?'' Her response was: ''What's what bitch? You know you always interrupting somebody?'' Wow. This version of Jennifer is pretty interesting.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:27 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
(btw, what was the number of their Earth?)
I don't think it was ever mentioned what number Earth theirs was?
I did read that a comic version was in Earth-23? But as far as this show, I've been wondering what their Earth # is too
Old 12-10-2019, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't think it was ever mentioned what number Earth theirs was?
I did read that a comic version was in Earth-23? But as far as this show, I've been wondering what their Earth # is too
I was hoping they'd mention it too; but they didn't. They only said Jefferson's Earth was gone without a number

Quote:
I've no idea who Zoom is.
He was from Earth-2 and Barry's main villain in season 2 of Flash. It was how the multiverse was introduced.
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:21 PM

Good question. Unfortunately, originally there was no consistency regarding numbered Earth's.
Reply   Post New Thread