Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2022, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

more spoilers

Quote:
According to series co-creator Amy Holden Jones, a discussion was held among The Resident‘s writers as to who Conrad should pursue, and “there was a consensus, actually, of who people wanted him to be with,” she reveals. “But it [wasn’t] as obvious about when it should happen and how that should happen.”

Conrad and Cade’s relationship was revealed in the premiere’s final act, as the pair kissed and made plans to see each other later that evening. Billie, who also began pining for Conrad during Season 5, confessed to Raptor that she’d planned to tell Conrad her true feelings at Kit and Bell’s engagement party, but “Conrad left with Cade before I could get a word out.” For the moment, though, Billie is at least convincingly pretending she’s content to be Conrad’s best friend, while Raptor insisted that “it’s never too late to win the love of your life back.”

9-1-1 Season 6 Premiere Ends With a Nightmarish Twist — Grade It!
“AJ’s theory of why Conrad picked Cade may be right. [Billie] was Nic’s best friend, which is complicated, and it’s true Conrad did not know this wasn’t an impediment to her,” Jones concedes. “Both women are viable choices. And that may continue to be true.” (That said, Jones is adamant that Cade and Billie’s dynamic won’t be defined by their competition for Conrad’s heart. “How two women feel about each other is not only determined by who they date,” she says. “Both of these characters are more complex and deserving than that.”)

There could be a new wrinkle in this love triangle, though: While Jones confirms that Conrad and Billie will “remain incredibly close” throughout Season 6, she adds that upcoming episodes will also come to involve “the nature of the dynamic between Billie, Raptor and another doctor you have yet to meet.”

“You have to watch to see this complex chess game of relationships unfold,” Jones continues. “But first, we have to see the ramifications of Conrad’s choice. Episode 2 is crucial to understanding the chemistry between Conrad and Cade.”
https://tvline.com/2022/09/20/the-re...ship-revealed/

ETA: More reading material.

Quote:
"Now he's in a love relationship again. This is all new. And I think that it's important to know that Raptor's speech to Billie at the end is a signal of several things," creator and executive producer Amy Holden Jones tells ET. "One, their deep deepening friendship and relationship, which is important to the show. But also the question: Is the book actually closed of who he chose [and] who he didn't?"

"And it isn't quite closed," Jones confirmed. "Because once the relationship starts, you have to see how it evolves and whether it works, what challenges it faces. He actually has two beautiful alternatives here. It's not clear that he picked Cade over Billie on an even playing field. He may well indeed have believed that she was not interested in him because of her friendship with Nic. So, where does that go?"

Jones further explained the decision in the writers' room to have Conrad explore a relationship with Cade instead of Billie -- at least for now.

"Story is conflict to a degree and had he picked Billie, where would we go? Wouldn't it be over? So it would just be, here's a happy couple who we always thought should be together. But it's more complicated than people realize," she acknowledged.
"Many, many more people, at least online, probably have been rooting for Billie, but what they have forgotten that I don't forget is the first year that Billie was a character, she got very little love online, and it wasn't until the next season when we deepened her and you learned her past and you saw her problems, that people fell in love with Billie," Jones noted. "Last year was Cade's first season. This is the season you fall in love with Cade."

Quote:
Either way, Conrad is leveling up in the romance department, as Jones said both women are "unbelievable options." "It's not a simple choice and I don't believe it ever will be, really," she hinted.

"To say that that relationship with Cade will have challenges, it's not going to be perfect. None of them are," Jones previewed, promising that Billie won't be waiting in the wings as Conrad and Cade figure out their relationship status. Cade is also in the midst of a major addiction storyline with her father, the celebrated pediatric surgeon Dr. Ian Sullivan (Andrew McCarthy), that will directly impact her relationship with Conrad.

"Billie's not going to stand around and just twiddle her thumbs. There's another player coming on the board, a doctor you haven't met who's going to go after Billie and it's not clear what her relationship with Raptor's going to be either. Friends sometimes become lovers," she teased. "So whether it happens or not, I'm not going to say, but it has happened before on the show."

Next week's episode, titled "Peek and Shriek," will perhaps offer greater insight into Conrad and Cade's blossoming romance.

"Don't miss episode 2 because that's where you begin to understand Conrad and Cade," Jones shared, "and that's where you see their chemistry."
Quote:
The Resident will also hit the increasingly rare 100-episode TV milestone this season, which tees up an action-packed second half of the season. (It will be the sixth episode of the year.)

"The characters we've created are so incredibly strong. Watching how they deal with the challenges that keep coming at them in life is a fantastic template for a show. It's like This Is Us met ER, and it had a baby and it's The Resident," Jones said. "I think we've grown and learned. The show gets better and stronger all the time. I'm tired of shows that fall off the cliff in the second episode. I'm tired of shows that have eight episodes, and by [episode] 6, I realize they never knew where they were going."

"I've always had the goal: Every year, better. Learn from what you've learned in the previous seasons. Move forward, deepen the characters. They grow better and better, higher and higher," Jones said. "And so far, I think we've achieved that. It's the reason why we can keep going."
https://www.etonline.com/the-residen...ooks-exclusive
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}

Last edited by Unsung Hero; 09-24-2022 at 12:49 PM
Old 09-24-2022, 07:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Thanks for the spoilers.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 09-25-2022, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Some info on episode 4

{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 09-25-2022, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

A whole episode with Gigi
Old 09-27-2022, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Pics from episode 4

spoils how Padmas's c-section ends

https://t.co/iwt0CrzikA
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 09-27-2022, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

AJ
Old 09-28-2022, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

He looks so happy
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 09-28-2022, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

He does, he deserves those babies.
Old 09-29-2022, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 09-30-2022, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Aww, family together.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Awww....love that picture.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 10-03-2022, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 10-03-2022, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Thanks for the pictures
Old 10-04-2022, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Are we ever going to see Kyle again on The Resident? — Lauren
Series co-creator Amy Holden Jones agrees “it would be a great thing” to stage a reconciliation between Conrad and Nic’s father, who left things on frosty terms after Nic’s fatal accident in Season 5. Alas, “it’s not the story of this season, partly because of [Corbin Bernsen’s] availability,” she shares. “But he’s still Gigi’s grandfather, so yes, I would like to bring him back. I love the character.”
https://tvline.com/lists/911-season-...ge-redemption/
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 10-04-2022, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh