Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-21-2018, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Runaway's Episode 1x05: Kingdom [Premiered Dec 5, 2017]

1x05 KINGDOM

In flashback, Geoffrey makes a deal with the mysterious Jonah to buy up land and has to convince his cellmate Darius to take the blame for shooting someone to get out of prison. In the present, Darius has kidnapped Alex as ransom for Geoffrey to pay one million dollars. Nico gets Karolina, Gert, Molly and Chase to come to the rescue, using the staff to find Alex. Geoffrey shows up with LAPD to take out Darius and his men, Alex shoots Andre, one of Darius' goons, but he gets taken again. Alex's friends show up and using their newfound abilities cause Darius to run. Alex makes it back to Geoffrey who tells him to go home while he preps Andre for a sacrifice. The kids all barge into the secret room only to realize that the Pride has moved the sacrifice somewhere else. Tina reveals that she knows Nico used the staff, but allows her to use it and Victor's time machine shows Los Angeles crumbling in the future. Frank fails going Ultra and the sacrifice works revealing that the man the Pride was reviving is Jonah who demands to see Karolina.

Directed by: Jeffrey W. Byrd
Written by: Rodney Barnes & Michael Vukadinovich
Old 01-21-2018, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I liked this one. Anytime the group interacts together its fun.

Ugh I feel so bad for Chase because it’s obvious he just wants his dads approval and the guy is a lunatic.

"She’s beautiful and she glows, great."

Finally seeing all the kids using their superpowers was great but that whole scene felt a bit awkward to me with no music or anything. And then them just casually talking about it felt a bit weird too. IDK, sometimes this show feels off to me. Maybe just a bit cheesey I guess? But whatever, its still fun to watch.

They definitely amped the gay vibes from Karolina this episode. She was definitely giving Nico the jealous eyes. Kind of random because I didnt notice anything in the earlier episodes but maybe I wasn't really looking lol. I think I prefer Alex/Nico though? I love that Karolina might be gay though but I just think I'd like to see her with someone else.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:06 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

thanks for starting this thread
Old 01-25-2018, 10:17 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

that is one of my fav Gert lines

And I agree about Chase. It's heartbreaking to see him try so hard and know that it won't make a difference for his father