Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-03-2023, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, they are very cute.

Also today is Warwick (Willow) birthday.

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 04:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Happy birthday to him!!

Tori
Can't Have You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww too cute. Love their friendship.

Happy birthday to him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Have You (View Post)
I completely agree. I think the binge of everything has really ruined a lot of boards on FF. Most people watch the show in a week (or even less) and then there’s nothing to talk about for a whole year
I agree. The wait long periods are horrible.

And with binge watching it also doesn't really help with discussions when you've watched all the episodes and go to make a post but don't remember a lot from each episode. Or feel overwhelmed about how many episode discussions there are at once and then just chooses the last episode thread maybe.

However to be fair there's also just not as many people here anymore and that doesn't help in general or with the problem above. It seems so many either moved on to whatever or moved on to twitter and/or tumblr to post their thoughts in those places.

I personally prefer the structure of the forum to things like tumblr and twitter (though I do have both) when it comes to posting my thoughts on things but many others seem to feel differently.
Old 02-04-2023, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

^I totally agree with everything you said.

I'm on both Twitter and tumblr. But I never write anything on my Twitter and use Tumblr to make gifs and to reblog stuff. Forum for me is the better way to write down my thoughts about episodes and characters. So it is sad that it is not as many people here anymore as it used to.

Also I have notice on tumblr when it comes to shows that release all the episodes at once, people need to watch all the episode right away if they don't won't to get spoiled online. Especially on tumblr where people start to make gifs pretty soon after. And I hate that feeling to stress watching a show just because of that.

So I'm pretty glad that when it comes to Disney+ shows they release one episode per week. Because it will bring out more discussions and speculation of what will happen.

Me and my wild boy
Old 02-04-2023, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's me. On tumblr I reblog things and then every now and then I'll post some graphics (mainly icons and tumblr headers) and I pretty much treat my twitter like tumblr. I like and retweet things. I might have made 10 original posts (and then probably deleted most) the whole time I've had twitter.

That is exactly how I feel. The forum is definitely way better for me too. I do wish more would come back but I guess to be honest I can also understand why the don't. Even beyond twitter and tumblr.

Yeah that must really suck. I would hate to feel stressed to watch something as quickly as I could. Especially if sometimes you may be eager to watch a show but you also have to be in the right mind set to do so.

Thankfully for me I don't mind spoilers. I don't need to be spoiled (on some things) but it doesn't bother me if I am.

Yeah even as a binge watcher that is definitely the better way to do it. It gives any discussions that may be happening a much better chance to flourish.
Old 02-05-2023, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Yeah, before I used Twitter alot but now I only like and sometimes retweet things. Other than that I don't use it at all.

Yes. the Forum way is just the perfect way to talk about your favorite shows, movies, couples, music etc. It is so much better to do because posts can't be reblogged/retweeted here and it might end uo to the wrong person who can start fights.

Small spoilers I wouldn't mind, but if they spoil the big plot twist I would be super upset. I'm thankful that you can block tags/name on tumblr now though.

I agree. I sometimes love binge watch, but I also love the excitement to wait for another episode a week.

____

Gotta be honest, starting to get a bit nervous of a renewal now.

Me and my wild boy
Old 02-05-2023, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It can be good for info sometimes.

That is exactly how I feel.

I'm even ok with that with most things. Sometimes knowing the big spoiler can help with my anxiety but it really depends on what show it is (like back in my Glee days I needed those spoilers ). But there are a lot of shows I don't need spoilers to but even then I'm still good if I get spoiled pretty big. Yeah I love being able to blacklist things.

Yeah there is that excitement and anticipation plus all the speculation that goes with it. But I'm also impatient and the waiting is ugh...

Oh no. Why? I really hope it's not cancelled. I am so tired of starting a new show just for it to be cancelled and I'm really not wanting to watch a lot of new shows anymore because of this. Shows use to have what 22 episodes and now have anywhere from 6-10. They can at least give shows 2 seasons to find their audiences. Especially in these days of streaming.
Old 02-06-2023, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, Twitter is great to find out what is going on sometimes.

That is very true. I sometimes getting to nervous and/or have a bad feeling about what to come so I can look up what will happen to ease my anxiety.

I think we all are like that. Love all the excitment and speculating of what to comes, but hate the waiting..

Just that we haven't heard anything makes me nervous. I truly hope they give us the two seasons that the show promised at the end of last episode.

I'm tired of that too. I wish we could get a at least over 10 episodes each seasons again for some shows and that they also give them a chance before cancelling it.

Me and my wild boy
Old 02-06-2023, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Oh no. Why? I really hope it's not cancelled. I am so tired of starting a new show just for it to be cancelled and I'm really not wanting to watch a lot of new shows anymore because of this. Shows use to have what 22 episodes and now have anywhere from 6-10. They can at least give shows 2 seasons to find their audiences. Especially in these days of streaming.
Exactly, but greed has gotten out of hand in hollywood, even far more than in previous decades. It's destroying hollywood from within tbh. We need some new studios and streamers/channels that focus on making shows and not just on quick money, where artists are the CEOs and not just some greedy wallstreet guys who nver watch films or tv.

Erin and Ellie with a friend. They look good.

Arrakis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 12:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

That's super cute

I'm hoping that Disney is just waiting to announce it at the Lucas Film event If we don't know by then, that's when I'll start to worry

Tori
Old 02-06-2023, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by meraki (View Post)
Yeah, Twitter is great to find out what is going on sometimes.

That is very true. I sometimes getting to nervous and/or have a bad feeling about what to come so I can look up what will happen to ease my anxiety.

I think we all are like that. Love all the excitment and speculating of what to comes, but hate the waiting..

Just that we haven't heard anything makes me nervous. I truly hope they give us the two seasons that the show promised at the end of last episode.

I'm tired of that too. I wish we could get a at least over 10 episodes each seasons again for some shows and that they also give them a chance before cancelling it.

Exactly. Sometimes you just need to know.

Why must we wait so long?

Oh ok. Yeah that's no ideal. It can either be a good thing or a bad one and I hate not knowing which one. Hopefully it's a good one though. I need more.

I'm good with 10 episodes a season and think it can help keep a lot more filler out of episodes. Not always but there's more of a chance. Like with Willow I thought the pacing was really well done.

Though yeah they do need more of a chance before they decide.

Like I said before I do wish that with seasons only getting 10 or less episodes (at least on streaming anyway) it would guarantee at least 2 seasons. While I do understand with streaming there is that urgency to watch something and binge it as soon as it comes out whether do to excitement or worrying about being spoiled, there are still many others who don't get around to it for a little bit. Whether not in the right mind set or don't have the time or whatever. Hell sometimes now these days it's to see if it gets a 2nd season.

Though from what I've seen of places like Netflix sometimes the cancellations don't even make sense when what they cancelled seemed like they were actually doing really well. So now not even watching can help save a show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis (View Post)
Exactly, but greed has gotten out of hand in hollywood, even far more than in previous decades. It's destroying hollywood from within tbh. We need some new studios and streamers/channels that focus on making shows and not just on quick money, where artists are the CEOs and not just some greedy wallstreet guys who never watch films or tv.

Erin and Ellie with a friend. They look good.
I agree. Though I do understand not continuing with things that aren't doing well but yeah they should give shows much more of a chance to find their audience. Especially since again so many people are finding it harder and harder to even want to watch new shows because it being cancelled seems more likely than it getting more seasons.

Thanks for the pic. They look great.

Quote:
I'm hoping that Disney is just waiting to announce it at the Lucas Film event If we don't know by then, that's when I'll start to worry
My fingers are crossed that that is when they plan on telling us. Unless they tell us sooner.
Old 02-06-2023, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Yeah, Netflix mindset is very confusing when it comes to their shows.

Quote:
I'm good with 10 episodes a season and think it can help keep a lot more filler out of episodes. Not always but there's more of a chance. Like with Willow I thought the pacing was really well done.
Yeah, I thought so too with Willow.

Quote:
Though yeah they do need more of a chance before they decide.

Like I said before I do wish that with seasons only getting 10 or less episodes (at least on streaming anyway) it would guarantee at least 2 seasons. While I do understand with streaming there is that urgency to watch something and binge it as soon as it comes out whether do to excitement or worrying about being spoiled, there are still many others who don't get around to it for a little bit. Whether not in the right mind set or don't have the time or whatever. Hell sometimes now these days it's to see if it gets a 2nd season.
I totally agree with everything you said here.

Quote:
That is one thing that keep my hopes up. That they will announce it there. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Me and my wild boy
Old 02-06-2023, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That is exactly how I feel about Netflix.

I think Willow did a great job with everything actually. The old characters and new characters are great and love them and work so well together. The development of each character was also really great. Airk might have been the only main character that didn't get some development but it's understandable why with how S1 went for him. But I do think S2 will give him that.

I also really love everyone's dynamics.
Old 02-07-2023, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes! Willow did such an amazing job with them all. And I agree about Airk, they did good with him too but didn't get much development as the others.

I really do love them too. All the characters and their dynamics with each other.

Made some icons of episode five today. They are here.

Me and my wild boy
Old 02-07-2023, 12:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Those are great icons! Love them

Tori
Reply   Post New Thread