Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's a tragedy and I think it weighs heavy on everyone. It's just really hard to process.

β˜‚Rae
Old 12-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

Was it accidental or a suicide?

Icon | Hannah β—†
β˜† Visit A&M β˜†
Old 12-18-2017, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is so sad. I just really started to get into SHINee music about 5 months ago. It’s too much. I hope SM takes precautions and really pays attention to their artists. You never know what’s really happening in a persons mind. Be sympathetic and genuine and really get to know and care about your artists so when they feel like at the end of the day they would rather end it all they can come to you instead. These artists are precious and they need dependable support. Idk what he was going through, but if it came to this the higher ups should have known something going on with their artist and offered him some help. If this has anything to do with bullying i’m gonna flip a table. He was only 27. i’m depressed.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 12-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I wonder if I should put this under a spoiler tag just because it can be such a triggering topic, but all signs point to suicide. Here is an article:

Quote:
SHINee lead singer and K-Pop star Kim Jong-hyun, better known by his stage name Jonghyun, died Monday evening in what police are investigating as a possible suicide. He was 27.
Related

According to the Associated Press, Kim was found unconscious at a resident hotel in Seoul and was later pronounced dead at a nearby hospital. Police had rushed to the scene following an emergency call from his sister, who told them she had received a series of troubling texts from her famous brother.

"Please let me go. Tell me I did well. Final farewell," the texts read, according to the Yonhap news agency.

The agency also noted that authorities found burned coal briquettes, which produce carbon monoxide, in a frying pan in Kim's hotel room.

In a statement released by SM Entertainment, the entertainment company behind SHINee and numerous other successful K-Pop bands, the record label called for privacy for Kim's family.

"Hello, this is SM Entertainment," the statement reads. "We're sorry to deliver such heart-aching, unfortunate news. On December 18, SHINee member Jonghyun left our side unexpectedly. He was found unconscious at a residential hotel in Cheongdam-dong, Seoul and was rushed to a nearby hospital but was declared dead on the evening of the 18th."

"The deep sorrow cannot be compared to ones of his family who had to let go of their loving son and brother but the employees and artists of SM Entertainment, also in deep shock and sorrow, are offering condolences," it continues. "Jonghyun was the best artist who loved music more than anyone and always worked hard for his performance. … We ask you to refrain from making rumors or assumptions based on reports in respect of his family who are in deep sorrow from the sudden news. As his family wished, his funeral will be carried out in the quietest manner with his family members and co-workers."

SHINee debuted on the K-Pop music scene in 2008 with their first album, The SHINee World, and the group has reached a huge amount of success in the near-decade since its formation, with a string of Japanese-language albums and trend-setting styles. All of their Korean albums except their debut have topped charts upon release in their home country.
Kim also launched a successful solo career as a singer-songwriter in 2015, with three albums over the last three years, as well as a book, Skelton Flower, published in 2015. It detailed the stories behind his songs.
+

β˜‚Rae
Old 12-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just read the suicide note. He was in so much pain. Everyone, tell your loved ones how much you love them and how much they mean to the world.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

Awe, that's so sad.

Icon | Hannah β—†
β˜† Visit A&M β˜†
Old 12-18-2017, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I read it too It's making so sad I read some of the messages from the various celebrities but what got to me the most was Yoogeun, SHINee's son from Hello Baby. Poor Yoogeun The message is here.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Poor baby. His Daddy Jonghyun is gone. He really loved them and they really loved him.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

He is I really loved and enjoyed their season of Hello Baby.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

I don't follow them at all, but that note was heartbreaking.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 12-19-2017, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I followed them off and on but they were always special to me since they were the first couple of groups I followed when I got into Kpop. It was

I feel for the whole group since they were so close and I think it's going to especially hard on Onew since he is the leader and he had the responsibility of looking after them.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:19 AM
Elite Fan

It really makes you think that you never really know what’s going on behind closed doors.

Icon | Hannah β—†
β˜† Visit A&M β˜†
Old 12-19-2017, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Exactly. It pays to be nice, even if you don't know it.

and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 12-19-2017, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ugh waking up and remembering all over again I hope everyone is hanging in there I think it's beautiful that not just SM, but seemingly all, or most, artists are postponing things out of respect. It goes to show how much this is effecting the whole kpop community.

β˜‚Rae
Old 12-19-2017, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

I want to start following them, but I feel as though I am going to get sad every time I see him.

Icon | Hannah β—†
β˜† Visit A&M β˜†
Closed Thread   Post New Thread