Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2016, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really need to start reading this series. Jen can you give me a good overview of the series and characters? How many books are there now, and is this going to be a movie or TV series soon?
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
KeepThisaSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow. Okay. Tough job, but I'll see how I go. I won't go into spoilers, so it may be a general overview

This Tuesday (19th) Feverborn comes out, which is the 8th book in the series. The author has had her contract renewed, so we have 9-11 upcoming.

Overview of the series: Imagine a world just like our own. It is our own, but where magic exists. There are demonic creatures in the world. Where our world is suddenly on the brink of destruction by another world with its own creatures: Faery.

Mackayla Lane, 22 years old and doesn't have a care in the world. She bartends by night, and enjoys life by day. There is many things she knows of fact, and her sister being in her life was one of them; until she wasn't.

While waiting for her parents to get back from their holiday, and her sister, Alina from studying abroad in Dublin, Mac gets a horrifying phone call that will change her whole life.
Her sister has been murdered.

Mac's life changes in one instant. Before she knew her sister was alive. She knew everything about herself. The next moment, her sister was gone and she knew nothing about herself, her sister or what really goes on in the world.

Travelling to Dublin to make sure the police are doing everything in their power to catch her sister's murderer, Mac soon finds herself deep within a secret world of mysterious, dangerous books, a secret world hidden amongst our own, and she has to decide what she can and can't live with and believe in. There is one decision she has to make: can she open her eyes to see what is really in front of her and be brave, or run home pretending none of this exists.

She meets enigmatic, Jericho Barrons, who she runs into when she gets lost in the streets of Dublin. They soon begin working together with the same goal in mind: to find a mysterious book. Barrons wants it... for his own purposes, and Mac wants it because Alina's last words to her was that it was important to be found. So these two find they are in each other's pockets, whether they like it or not.

I'm not sure I can do a character one,very difficult to describe the lead male without spoilers

So lets just skip over him.

Over the course of the series we have Sidhe-seers (those with the sight -- the ability to see the fae, The unseeable by humans), unique set of males who may or may not be immortal or some kind (and that's all I can say trust me. It's better to see for yourself.) Light and the dark royal caste. Vlane is also one of our characters, he is of royal light background. He claims he wants to help Mac, but she has no idea if she can trust him or not. If she can trust anyone.

Seeing is believing. I suggest you check them out.

Oh, in terms of TV show/Movie. There has been many options. But they have expired, ore nothing has happened in terms of them. Karen has the rights back and I feel she would sell them again if a TV offer comes up, kind of like GoT/Outlander.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds good. I prefer to by the actual books, but my shelf space is slim right now. I might purchase them on my kindle.

Are all these books together in one series, or is there a spinoff series with other characters?
Old 01-18-2016, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah kindle is better than nothing I have both. I actually have the hardbacks because I refused to wait a year for the paperback.

It is one series Originally books 6-8 were meant to be kind of a spinoff, same world and characters but told in another POV, but things changed and it makes sense why its back to the original protagonist.

If we submit this to the polls. Should we do it as Fever, Fever series, Fever Saga, Fever World? (we have it this on the books board)

Last edited by Stay to the Lights; 01-18-2016 at 04:00 AM
Old 01-18-2016, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fever Series looks the best for submission.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay! Just figured I'd ask, because I wasn't sure. It's one most know it by anyway.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I found the first 4 books free for my kindle. So I might start reading them this week if I have time.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Free? even better!

I hope you find the time! Can't wait to hear what you think. Feel free to come by the thread at the Books board as well.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Jen...good luck in February... I think anybody can **win February in the polls

Last edited by Make Them Laugh; 01-18-2016 at 09:17 AM
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
I found the first 4 books free for my kindle. So I might start reading them this week if I have time.
Oh nice that's lucky
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I got my copy of Feverborn today!

Old 01-20-2016, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great.

I'm now aiming for getting it next week since we are suppose to be getting a huge snowstorm this weekend.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah okay. I guess it'll give you time to reread Burned. Did the book arrive?
Old 01-20-2016, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not yet. Though I'm starting to think I should re read it on my Nook.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread