Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2019, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Crown 3x07 "Moondust" Episode Discussion

Season 3 Episode 7

The 1969 moon landing occasions a mid-life crisis in Prince Philip, who thinks of the adventures he has missed as the Queen's consort.

Previous episode | Next episode

Last edited by JoJoF92; 11-20-2019 at 07:08 AM
Old 11-18-2019, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This makes wish I'd been alive to watch the moon landings! I think I would have been like Prince Philip.

I don't think the astronauts would have had much time to reflect on what they had done at this point. Still it was exciting to see the anticipation for their meeting.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

same. my parents were alive but since we were ruled by the Soviets at that time it was not on tv in the country for obvious reasons..

I myself have never been much into space in reality though I love space movies and such but it mostly just scares me and like Philip said it's kinda sad that you wanna find something exciting out there but it's just a wasteland. I did like his take on faithlessness that way and that it was what brought him closer to faith again

Old 11-18-2019, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The meetings with those priests really seemed to help his crisis. He has always found it hard to cope with having to give up his military career.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:14 PM
Moderator Manager

This was a good ep for PP. I like space as well and had I been alive that time, I would be watching the live feed like Philip was.

I was really annoyed at him at first the way he treated those priests. I do find it amusing how he fanboyed over the astronauts. And then later on, it was revealed that it has more to do with him really wishing what could have been for him if he wasn't married to QE. And then I felt for him again. UGH this show. It's also more of Philip having a midlife crisis too. Has he really fully accepted his role as the Queen's husband? He doesn't really have a vital role in the grand scheme of things other than to support the queen and be the husband of course. And by marrying the queen, he basically said goodbye to his freedom. I like how it was resolved in the end with the priests and that he apologized to them.

I think we saw a glimpse of the very young Prince Andrew & Prince Edward? Or was that just Prince Andrew? I wonder if the show will also tackle their stories?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-20-2019, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes Andrew and Edward were in this one.

There will always be a certain regret for the Prince and what he had to give up.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love how he was at awww for the spacemen all the time and that it didn't meet up to his expectations in the end...

The story was a nice way of circling around Phillip making peace with his role as a supporter of his wife and not doing the big events he probably wants to do!

I loved the moment when he played with Andrew or Edward and he flew one of them above the table

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 11-20-2019, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

yes, I loved seeing the young princes too. after a few eps I was like..okay but where are the little ones? of course there's not much focus on them since they're pretty behind in the line for the throne and they have a lot more opportunities to live freely

Old 11-20-2019, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm pretty sure sure that was Edward he picked up being the younger of the boys.

I wanted to see the young Princes too. For the first few eps we didn't see Charles or Anne either, and I was wondering where they were!
Old 11-20-2019, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

we only saw Anne at first and Charles came later but somehow it made sense given he is at college

but it did make me wonder where Anne goes to school?

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 11-20-2019, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

According to wikipedia Anne left school in 1968. She didn't go to University so perhaps that is why she is around at that time?
Old 11-20-2019, 08:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for that. I had no idea Anne left school around that time. The show wasn't specific about what she's doing around this time but she always seems to be at the palace and Charles is always away, understandably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
I loved the moment when he played with Andrew or Edward and he flew one of them above the table
I love this too because PP has been a prick mostly but he can be fun with his sons sometimes.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

makes sense Anne didn't go to college cause it wasn't common for royals at that time

Old 11-21-2019, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not to mention that not so many students went to University in those days. It seems likely she wasn't academic enough, though.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:25 PM
Moderator Manager

I think it would've been different for Anne if she was the next Queen. But that's the perk of being the spare and not the heir.