Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode Discussion [Elseworlds 3-Night Crossover] ~ 12/9 - 12/11

FLASH | ARROW | SUPERGIRL
---- "ELSEWORLDS"

THE FLASH - "Elseworlds, Part 1" (The CW, December 9, 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

Quote:
EPIC ELSEWORLDS CROSSOVER KICKS OFF TONIGHT — When Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) and Oliver Queen (guest star Stephen Amell) wake up one morning and realize they have swapped bodies with each other, the two set off to find out what disturbed the timeline to cause such a shift. However, things quickly go from bad to worse when they present their case to Team Flash and the gang doesn’t believe them. Barry and Oliver realize they need Supergirl’s (guest star Melissa Benoist) help and travel to Smallville on Earth-38 where they end up meeting Kara’s cousin, Clark Kent (guest star Tyler Hoechlin), and intrepid reporter, Lois Lane (guest star Elizabeth Tulloch). LaMonica Garrett guest stars as The Monitor. Kevin Tancharoen directed the episode written by Eric Wallace & Sam Chalsen (#509).
ARROW - "Elseworlds, Part 2" (The CW, December 10, 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

Quote:
THE ELSEWORLDS CROSSOVER CONTINUES IN GOTHAM CITY WITH BATWOMAN (RUBY ROSE) — With Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Barry (guest star Grant Gustin) still stuck in the other’s bodies, the two get a lead on John Deegan (guest star Jeremy Davies) and head to Gotham City with Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist) to figure out why their reality has changed. While there, they meet the mysterious Kate Kane (guest star Ruby Rose) who provides them with information that leads the group to Arkham Asylum. James Bamford directed the episode with teleplay by Marc Guggenheim and story by Caroline Dries (#709).

SUPERGIRL - "Elseworlds, Part 3" (The CW, December 11, 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

Quote:
THE BATTLE CONCLUDES — Supergirl (Melissa Benoist), The Flash (guest star Grant Gustin), Green Arrow (guest star Stephen Amell) and Superman (guest star Tyler Hoechlin) engage in the battle of their lives. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Marc Guggenheim and teleplay by Derek Simon & Robert Rovner (#409).

Last edited by eternalfate; 12-09-2018 at 10:49 AM
Old 12-09-2018, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

thanks for this!
Old 12-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ You are welcomed and I can't wait for all of this.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Thank you for this!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 12-09-2018, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I will live watch this episode on the Legends board but will try to recap what I saw after on this board. lol
Old 12-09-2018, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

cool, thanks
Old 12-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes! Gotta have actual discussion for this episode here. lol
Old 12-09-2018, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

we will!
Old 12-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Part 1 was a great introduction to what this crossover will be about starting with the altering reality that happens because of Monitor and John Deegan.

I think this episode also did a great job with starting this episode with Flash from the 90s! And man has John Wesley Shipp portrayed so many characters on the Flash. It's such a joy to watch! I love him as Barry, Henry and Jay! All great character he has been able to portray.

Oliver and Barry scenes were just amazing right from the beginning.
It was so fitting that Barry would be the one to be happy about everything that happened and Oliver to be very worried and concerned... of course it took Barry knowing that Oliver woke up next to Oliver to start taking things seriously.

I really loved Barry the most though because he was so cheerful during the beginning but when it was time to be Oliver, he was totally read for it! he was just on fire as Green Arrow!

And being able to see Stephen Amell be a bit light as Barry was a joy to watch as well.

The love between Iris and Barry was strong enough thankfully! I am happy she felt the love and the truth in him when she talked to him... she knew what the real Barry was telling her as the truth.

Happy that Cisco got to jump on the train and now he'll be the main one traveling with Barry Allen now.

Clark and Lois. To finally get a Clois live action on my screen again.
Everything about them was so Clois! the banter, the way Clark is so protective of Lois but Lois still does what she wants to do. lol She just loves to challenge him.

The way Clark lights up when he talks about Lois is so beautiful.:in_loveL
Their love is strong, and you can clearly see that!

Last but definitely not least, the SMALLVILLE FARM. And the Smallville theme song! I loved all of that! Nice for the Smallville fans... especially since Smallville is the reason why Arrowverse exist, it was just great.

Solid start and can't wait for Part 2!
Old 12-09-2018, 08:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Looking forward to this!
Old 12-10-2018, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

me too
Old 12-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Part 2 episode felt pretty huge right from the start because of how big of a fictional state that Gotham City is. So, coming in, it already had that big vibe feel and you just felt that something powerful was going to definitely occur and Part 2 did not upset.

The Oliver and Barry scenes continue to shine during the crossover and I like how them spending this much time together and getting to be one another is making them learn one another on a level that they never really did before because they are literally living each other's lives! So, Oliver realizes how strong Barry actually is emotionally while Barry realized the terrible stuff that Oliver dealt with and why he acts the way he does.

Why in the world doesn't Oliver believe in Batman? Really?
It's great to know for years Batman was mentioned though but Oliver thought it was myth. and Barry thought it was real and Barry obviously was the right one here.

Oliver just jealous because he wants to be the original. lol However, I think he even made a Bruce Wayne reference in the past, so none of that really made sense to me.

Kate Kane aka Batwoman is a character I really didn't have any high expectations for so I am proud to say she was amazing right from her first scene as Kate Kane! I love that we got to see her as an actual human first to see her personality and than we got to see her as Batwoman. It really was written pretty perfectly.

The Kara and Kate scenes were definitely nice surprise because both Kate and Kara are cousins to famous heroes in Batman and Superman so it was nice to see that connection and Kara sort of knowing right off the bat that Batman and Bruce were the same person. lol She thought it was odd how they both got off the map around the same time.

And her ex-ray helped her know more when it came to Kate.
Ruby Rose really did a great job as Batwoman though. Terrific.

And obviously I liked seeing that crazy Arhkam Asylum and awesome unexpected appearance by Merlyn and RF.

The whole like final 5 minutes of this episode had me on the edge of my seat with how great it was! First we get Barry Allen from the 90s.
ANd how fantastic is John Wesley Snipes portraying all these characters!

Than we got that John Stewart reference! My goodness! That was too much for me. lol

And than we got Earth-1 getting altered YET AGAIN. My goodness!
Now Oliver and Barry are the most wanted men and it's an evil Superman going around.
I can't wait for Part 3.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I should probably top this
Old 12-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Part 3, good conclusion although I'll admit that at first it was going to slow for my liking. I just was waiting for things to move along... and I guess I was waiting to see Clark and Lois.

Around the 25 minute mark it started to change and I loved it!

First with Alex and Kara!
It's nice to see Alex from Earth-1. And she's not so different from Alex from Earth-38 and I loved how Alex and Kara bonding! It was such a great scene and I felt the power of them as sisters it was really so beautiful. The scene and the music that played in the background was perfect.

Oliver really stepped up again as I expected he would.
He knows who he is and ain't changing anything about that. I just loved Oliver in this whole episode and the fact that he was able to finally just smile and let loose and admit that he actually likes Kara and Barry.

Kara mentioning the annual crossover thing was hilarious and yet so accurate. lol

Oliver sure put an end to those hugging sessions. I agree, he did it enough already. lol
Also, interesting to see a crossover end on a cliffhanger so that's pretty interesting. Wonder if Deegan's story will continue on Arrow this season? Or I guess when Batwoman get a series if she does.

Although it did show Crisis on Infinite Earths at the end. So that will be incredible!

Is there anything else I can say about how special and perfect this version of Clois are? I will be on re-watch mode this whole week. I love them so much already and probably because I get an automatic attachment to each version of Clois but I love them so much. The writers really did their love so much justice.

Overall, this was a pretty good crossover and a good ending! and ending with Oliver and Barry at a bar like old times.

Oh congrats on Gary from LoT making an appearance. lol
Old 12-12-2018, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

this other Superman had a rather interesting personality