Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Conviction 1x11: "Black Orchid" Episode Discussion (01/08/17)

1x11 | Black Orchid
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
While Hayes and Wallace struggle to balance their professional and personal lives, they are summoned to a crime scene that fits the M.O. of the infamous “Black Orchid Killer.” Is the latest murder the work of a copycat? Or is the man now in prison for the earlier crimes actually innocent? As the investigation accelerates, the CIU team, spearheaded by unlikely serial-killer expert Tess, closes in on a suspect who may have committed all the murders – but will it be too late?
Old 01-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait to see serial killer expert Tess!!!

Enjoy the episode everyone!!!
Old 01-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Can't wait either! Sounds like it might have quite a bit of Tess in this episode! SO ready!

Thanks for getting the thread up.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Another great episode. And a lots of Tess! It was awesome seeing her take the lead but I gotta say it that it's a cop out that we didn't see Matty forgiving her. I really hope that's not the end of that.

Also I usually don't mind Hayes and Conner but I found them so awkward this episode.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Glad to hear it! As for the Matty thing I heard she was on the phone with him or trying to get a hold of him or something... and I don't like it. No matter the case. If he forgives/forgave her that 100 percent needed to be on screen. Not off screen. Also if she was just calling him in hopes he would pick up and talk to her that's really selfish of her. It would have been one thing if they were friends for a while and they weren't in the same circumstances they are now... but they are. They barely know each other, she sent him to jail, and now she's told him. He doesn't have to forgive her and he doesn't have to talk to her again. I don't like it if they are making Tess force that.

So yeah I agree. If he did forgive her off screen it's such a cop out.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I haven't been able to watch the episode yet.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 01-10-2017, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

I've been missing the beginning of the last few episodes so maybe I missed the part of her on the phone because I don't remember that. What I did see was her telling the guy they were trying to get out of jail that Matty had forgiven her. It wasn't even Frankie or someone else on the team.

Enjoy it Jessica!

Last edited by kayrey; 01-10-2017 at 05:25 PM
Old 01-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It didn't happen. Either I read the posts wrong (probably what happened) or the person I read it from was misinformed. But either way it didn't happen.

Yeah I wonder if she was lying to help that guy understand or if she was serious. Because yeah... him forgiving her off screen is ****ed up. That was such a huge storyline and they conclude it off screen... just like Frankie's stuff.... UGH! If he forgave her that should have been seen on screen.

I really liked the episode and I love Tess leading it and being able to profile the guy who did it. I also enjoyed the different partner ups and we still got a Frankie/Tess which was really adorable.

I also really love the Sam/Tess scene with the computer. I love he seemed to want to help and make sure to prove Tess right. And didn't like it when it seemed her theory was falling apart.

Actually they all seemed pro Tess on this and I liked that.

I liked the cop guy getting included in on it all. And I wonder if he will be back next episode.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly. Ok, that's an issue I have with the show. They start these storylines and then don't really conclude them. There's this and Frankie's story, also I remember we were all wondering who told that reporter about Hayes getting busted for drugs. We just never saw her again.

I loved Tess taking charge too and everyone being supportive of her theories and doing what they could to help her out.

I liked the cop too. I read a recap that thought there was sparks between him and Max. It would have been cool if there were different, recurring characters other than the team that worked on the cases sometimes.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Watched the episode this afternoon!

I thought it was good. Interesting how it all turned out and how the two suspects (Clark & Joe) matched things about the B.O.K., so it's understandable why they thought it was them.

I was wondering about Tess saying she had been forgiven. I don't see anything wrong with Matty forgiving her, but I wondered if it was something they weren't gonna show, or maybe it was a cut/deleted scene from another episode. I do want to see Matty again, so I hope that's not the end of the Tess/Matty storyline.

Kay, I also thought Max & the cop had some chemistry & think there might be some story there! Whether we're gonna see it or not is anybody's guess.

Also, surprisingly, I kinda agree with you (Kay) about Hayes & Conner... Don't get me wrong. I still love them & think they are adorable together, but their scenes were kinda awkward when they weren't talking about work. I can totally understand, though, because, as a teacher, when I go out with my teacher friends, we always end up talking about the students, so I can see why that's all they could talk about. Plus, it was a pretty intense case, but I do hope we get some more personal stuff between them soon!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 01-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It did kinda seem like they were setting the cop up to be a love interest for Max and I would be fine with that for now. Don't know much about him yet so feelings could change.

Jessica - Yeah nothing wrong at all with him forgiving her. Or not forgiving her. But if he had forgiving her it needed to be on screen.

Kay - I agree. It wasn't a big deal at first as more episodes could have showed us different but now it's very frustrating. Though to be fair I guess it being cancelled doesn't really help the storylines much. Maybe they're trying to wrap up what they can.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

Glad you got to watch it Jessica.

I'm all for Maxine getting a love interest plus I really liked the actor from OITNB.

That seems like too important a moment for it to be deleted. I really hope there's more to it than what we've seen so far. I agree with Heather that I could see them speeding things up due to the low ratings unfortunately.

I'm not sure how a Hayes/Conner relationship will work really so I'm sort of interested to see what they do there.