Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 01:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Who do you think will be the NFL team to watch next season, and why?

I'm gonna go with the Redskins, just because I want to see wht Joe Gibbs can do with that team.

Also, the Cowboys. I hate the Cowboys, but I can't deny the incredible job Bill Parcells did turning that team around. It'll be interesting to see how they do next season.

And, of course, my Atlanta Falcons. If the team can stay healthy (hint, hint, Mr. Vick) they'll put on a great offensive show. That'll be especially true if they can pick up some defensive players, in the off-season. I'd love to see what Vick, Crumpler, Dunn, and Price can do, as an offensive unit.

--Mark Twain
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Most of the Mockdrafts i've seen have the FALLcons taking a Cane on defense. Which wil help greatly, especially with that bugger of a QB.

The NFL team to watch for me will be the Team that drafts Sean Taylor. And also Buffalo, as Willis will be all ready to play. I think whomever drafts Eli Manning could also be a team, if it's San Diego, they'll have the RB and QB for years, or Oakland, nice training budddies with Rice/Brown.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

My money's on Jacksonville. With Leftwich having worked out some of his rookie kinks and the addition of Kevin Johnson, the Jaguars have a decent offence if Fred Taylor could stay healthy. And their D played pretty well this year.

Other teams:

Atlanta if Michael Vick could stay healthy. Depending on if my Bengals starts Kitna or Palmer (I prefer Kitna next year, then Palmer), they, too, will do reasonably well if they can upgrade their defense in the off-season. Houston will continue to build something good as well - Dom Capers is a brilliant head coach, and they've got a franchise QB in David Carr.

The AFC South would definately be the division to watch next year.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

I also think the Bucs will be a team to watch. "Why?" you ask. Well I'll tell ya...I don't like Tampa, and I want to watch them go 0-16 next season. Yeah, yeah, I know...Not likely. But it's a fantasy, OK? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

--Mark Twain
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

I love Warren Sapp, that's the only reason i watch them. Not a fan of the other players too much, but they are one of my favorite teams just cuz Warren is that team.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

Hmm…good question.

The one constant of the NFL is its parity.

With the drastic strides this team made during the regular season, I would have to go with the Cincinnati Bengals. They finally have the coach to lead them in the right direction. Talent is certainly not an issue. They have plenty of it. As long as Kitna is able to replicate this season’s numbers and not revert to his old self, the offense will be in good hands. Plus, you have to love the potential of C. Johnson, Warrick, and R. Johnson. Dillon is expendable, so it would be interesting to see if Bengals management is able to swing some type of deal to get rid of him and improve their depth. At this point, I’d say Cincinnati is a few pieces away from being a legitimate playoff contender.

Other teams to watch: Seattle Seahawks (LOADS of potential on offense), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (much better than their record indicates), New York Giants (the talent is there; perhaps a new coach will make the most of it), San Diego Chargers (one legit QB away from being respectable).
Old 01-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

I think Drew Brees is good enough. I'm not a Big Ten fan by any stretch, and you know this, but i always liked him.

Seattle and NY i agree with, I think Coughlan will lead them to a better record in his first season than Joe Gibbs will in his. That is going to be one touch division. Parcells and Gibbs, while the other two teams have better talent. Messy, but should be entertaining.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

Heh ... I think it's a definate sign of the parity that Kathie spoke of that we've combined to mention about half of the NFL. And really, if a team that started its season with Rodney Peete as their QB (Rodney Peete!) can get to the Super Bowl, then anything can happen.

I wonder what odds I get on a Jacksonville-Cincinnati Super Bowl next year? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
<STRONG>
I wonder what odds I get on a Jacksonville-Cincinnati Super Bowl next year? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
The Jaguars and Bengals can`t play each other in the Super Bowl since they`re both in the AFC.

The team to watch in the NFL next season would have to be the Cowboys. This past season exceeded everyone`s expectations, but the lost against the Panthers in the divisional playoffs really exposed the Cowboys` weaknesses, which i`m sure Coach Parcells will be hard at work fixing in the offseason. The Boys just need some missing pieces like another pass rusher, a big defensive tackle, and a reliable running back(i.e. Duce Staley or Corey Dillon) to help bring the Super Bowl back to Dallas where it belongs and start a new era of Cowboys domination.

Other teams to watch out for:

Atlanta Falcons(a healthy Mike Vick and some players to fill some of the team`s void will launch them back into contention)

Cincinnati Bengals

Jacksonville Jaguars

Houston Texans
Old 01-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

I think Dillon would be a major pimp if he went to Dallas.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Pats should sign Dillon, we need a good running back for next season.
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Milt Palacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

They look fine just the way they are [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I am really high on Dillon. I know he's pulled some crap recently, but you can't blame the guy. I'd want him on my team, if i couldn't have one of my stud Miami runnings backs.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

I wouldn’t touch Dillon with a ten-foot pole. The guy is bad news. Much of the problems that he’s experienced over the years, he brought on himself. Even though he is extremely talented, he’s a bad headache waiting to happen. I think he’s been given enough chances as it is, so I’m not too high on him right now. Plus, I don’t care for his attitude or inconsistency. Maybe he will be able to turn it around playing for another team, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see his usual antics continue.