Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Superbowl Predictions

Just off the bat, who would you like to see in the SuperBowl would you want to win?

Me personally I want to see New England Patriots against the Philadelphia Eagles and I would like to see Pats win another Super Bowl.

[ 12-30-2003: Message edited The Survivor ]
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

Who would I like to see win the Super Bowl? That's easy. The Bears. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But since that obviously isn't going to happen for like the next fifty years, I really have no preference. Just as long as it's a good game. No more typical blowouts.

I think it will be very hard to beat New England at home in the playoffs, so I'm pegging them for a date in Houston. If Baltimore had a formidable offense, I could see them posing a real challenge. KC has the offense, but not the defense. I suppose Tennessee or Indy could give the Patriots a run for their money if they played at the top of their game. That's a BIG if. As for the NFC, it's really a toss-up this year. No team really stands out as being head and shoulders above the rest. If St. Louis hadn't blown that game against Detroit this weekend, I would say they have the best opportunity to play for the championship. I don't know about Philly. They run hot and cold. Plus, they have yet to advance out of the NFC championship game. I'm not sure this is the year.

Predicition: New England def. St. Louis
Old 12-31-2003, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

My picks:

Wild-card games:

AFC:

Tennessee over Baltimore - Anthony Wright against the Titans' D sounds like a receipe for disaster, and if the Ravens doesn't make the Titans respect the pass, it'll be a long day for Jamal Lewis. Also, Air McNair seems to play better when injured. Titans 20, Ravens 10.

Indianapolis over Denver - This one will be close (and the best wild-card matchup), but Peyton Manning needs a win here to shake off the reputation that he can't win big games. I think, with a little help from their "idiot kicker", that he will. Colts 23, Broncos 20 (OT).

NFC:

Dallas over Carolina - Wake me when this one's over. It'll be a defensive slugfest, but I don't trust Jake Delhomme in making Dallas respect the pass, and they, much like the Titans, could then key on stopping the run. Dallas' more balanced attack will take this one. Dallas 14, Carolina 10.

Green Bay over Seattle - Who want to bet against Brett Favre now? And as Seattle are pitiful on the road, Lambeau in January would be the last place they want to go. Packers 24, Seahawks 7.

Divisional:

NFC:

New England over Tennessee - Rested New England against weary Tennessee. McNair would make it close, but New England always finds a way to win. Patriots 24, Titans 20.

Indianapolis over Kansas City - KC have no run-defense, and when you're up against Edgerrin James, that's a bad sign. James will rush over the Chiefs' pitiful run D. Colts 21, Chiefs 17.

NFC:

Philadelphia over Dallas - Not sold at all on McNabb's recievers, and Dallas' defense could well rattle McNabb. Dallas offense is a far cry from fantastic themselves, however. I can see a long McNabb run setting up David Akers to win the game on a last-second FG to make the final score Eagles 13, Cowboys 10.

St. Louis over Green Bay - Favre never plays well in domes, and I can't really see the trend changing against a formidable Ráms D. Not quite sure how Bulger would handle the spotlight either, but St. Louis defense would lift them over the Packers in the end. Ráms 17, Packers 14.

Championship games:

AFC:

New England over Indianapolis: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ... domed Indy would find the cold New England conditions difficult. I can well see Mike Vanderjagt pulling a Gary Anderson and miss a potential game-tying kick in the final seconds, making the final score New England 27, Indianapolis 24.

NFC:

St. Louis over Philadelphia: St. Louis might regret losing to Detroit to surrender home-field advantage - especially if the weather is bad, but like I said, Philly's reciever corps are hardly the best, and St. Louis' corners would have a field day in picking off McNabb several times en route to a 24-17 win for the Ráms.

Super Bowl

New England over St. Louis - The Ráms would want revenge from their loss in this matchup last year, but Marc Bulger would be too nervous in his first Super Bowl, and in the end, Tom Brady's experience would show. Perhaps another game-winning kick from Adam Vinatieri? Pats 23, Ráms 20.

Now, you can go bet on that. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-31-2003: Message edited Avatar ]
Old 12-31-2003, 02:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Easy. Denver over Green Bay [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2003, 03:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony:
<STRONG>Denver over Green Bay</STRONG>
What a surprise, you're picking Denver to win.
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Milt Palacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
<STRONG>My picks:

Super Bowl

New England over St. Louis - The Ráms would want revenge from their loss in this matchup last year, but Marc Bulger would be too nervous in his first Super Bowl, and in the end, Tom Brady's experience would show. Perhaps another game-winning kick from Adam Vinatieri? Pats 23, Ráms 20.

Now, you can go bet on that. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
Oh, but you didn't count on one little thing in your prediction ... that it just might be Kurt Warner playing instead of Marc Bulger. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] That is what I am hoping for, and based on Mike Martz's quote after the last game, anything is possible.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:38 PM
MST Manager

I would like to see Titans or Patriots vs Eagles, and I want the Eagles to win. But I don't think that will happen.

I can't root for St. Louis, just because. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Although, I think they might get there, and if they do, I will go for the AFC, no matter WHO it is. Yes, I am that way. Heh.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Milt Palacio:
<STRONG>

What a surprise, you're picking Denver to win.</STRONG>
I know, i'm shocked myself.
Old 12-31-2003, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by NikNak:
<STRONG>
I can't root for St. Louis, just because. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Although, I think they might get there, and if they do, I will go for the AFC, no matter WHO it is. Yes, I am that way. Heh.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/headslap.gif[/img] Yeah, be that way ... [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2004, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

Indianapolis 47 Philadelphia 10
Old 01-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Indianapolis? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I actually wouldn't mind seeing them make the SuperBowl. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2004, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Big East pimps on O, Reggie, Marvelous and Edge. With P-Man at the helm, the only D I fear is Baltimore, my other favorite team.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>Baltimore, my other favorite team.</STRONG>
Go Ravens! Too bad the passing's sh--. Jamal should learn to throw for the O's sake. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And come to think of it, the special team's ain't much either.
Old 01-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

No, go Titans and Packers [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Not a big fan of any of the teams, but McNair and Favre deserve to go far because of their grit and determination. I wouldn't mind seeing a Titans-Eagles final just to stick one up on Rush Limbaugh.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire Girl:
<STRONG>

Oh, but you didn't count on one little thing in your prediction ... that it just might be Kurt Warner playing instead of Marc Bulger. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] That is what I am hoping for, and based on Mike Martz's quote after the last game, anything is possible.</STRONG>
Bad, bad idea. You don't let a new QB take the reign in the playoffs, even if his name is Kurt Warner. Now, St. Louis' recievers are tuned to Bulger (as much as they can be tuned to his somewhat erratic throws), and bringing Warner in would complicate stuff greatly.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hmmm ... but I don't see Kurt Warner as a *new* QB at all ... he practices every week with the team, he's a two time MVP, it's not like he doesn't know the offense or the recievers or the players. He's been with them longer than Marc Bulger.

But it is probably a moot point anyhow. I just don't know with Martz, what he plans on doing.

After the last game, he said "I wanted to play Kurt more. I wanted to give him a half in this game. When we came out (after halftime) I thought we’d give Marc that series and the way it started out, we got that sack-fumble and I probably left him in longer than I wanted too, but I wanted Kurt to play. We wanted to let Kurt have some playing time before the event we would need him. He (Kurt) played very well. The circumstances he was in, I thought he did an excellent job. I was very pleased with Kurt’s performance. Very pleased and encouraged by it. I thought he looked very good."