Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2022, 09:46 AM
MST Manager

Oh my word.
Old 07-22-2022, 11:39 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Yes. That was bad. In other depressing news, ESPN+ will be increasing their monthly subscription price from $6.99 to $9.99 & its annual price from $69.99 to $99.99. That is scheduled to happen beginning on August 23rd. I think this price increase is in part to encourage people to buy the bundle of Disney+, ESPN+, & Hulu. I am not the 1 that pays for Hulu in y household though. We have it, but it is through our cable, which is paid by another family member. ESPN+ was something that I paid for separately when I wanted to use it. I do not have it this month. I want to get it next month to watch more C.F.L. games. As with other streaming services, Disney+ is 1 that I have tried,but have used much of.
Old 07-23-2022, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

how much is the bundle....14 bucks?
Old 07-23-2022, 09:15 AM

Yes. $13.99 is the exact current price of it. Do you use ESPN+?
Old 07-23-2022, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

no I don't.... but I might pay 8 more dollars to get it...I get HBO Max for 5 bucks from an ATT internet Promotion...that offer is about to expire
Old 10-02-2022, 01:16 PM

I do like that ESPN+ has added N.H.L. games, so later in the N.H.L. regular season I'll likely get ESPN+ again.

Some horrific news in Indonesia:

Stampede triggered by tear gas leaves 125 dead after Indonesia soccer match

At least 125 people have died in a stampede after tear gas fired by police sparked panic among fans rioting after a soccer match in Indonesia, in one of the worst sporting tragedies in the world.

Attention immediately focused on the police use of tear gas, which is banned at soccer stadiums by FIFA, the world soccer body, which called the incident "a tragedy beyond comprehension."

Some suffocated and others were trampled in the crush as fans rushed to the exits following violence after the game Saturday evening at a stadium in the city of Malang, in East Java province.

Hosts Arema FC lost to visiting side Persebaya FC 3-2, with thousands of angry supporters throwing bottles and other objects at players and soccer officials. Witnesses said fans flooded the Kanjuruhan Stadium pitch and demanded that Arema management explain why, after 23 years of undefeated home matches against rival Persebaya, this one ended in a loss.

Riot police responded by firing tear gas, including toward the stadium’s stands, causing panic among the crowds of fans.

At least 34 people died at the stadium, including two officers, officials said, and some reports include children among the casualties.

“I deeply regret this tragedy and I hope this is the last soccer tragedy in this country," Indonesian President Joko Widodo said in a televised speech Sunday.

Widodo ordered an investigation of security procedures.

“We have already done a preventive action before finally firing the tear gas as (fans) began to attack the police, acting anarchically and burning vehicles,” East Java police chief Nico Afinta said in a news conference early Sunday.

More than 300 people were rushed to hospitals but many died on the way and during treatment, Afinta said.

National Police Chief Listyo Sigit Prabowo said the death toll had been revised down to 125 after authorities found some of the victims were counted twice. More than 100 were receiving intensive treatment in eight hospitals, 11 of them in critical condition.

Television reports showed police and rescuers evacuating the injured and carrying the dead to ambulances.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/...s-sa-rcna50345
Old 10-03-2022, 04:32 PM
MST Manager

Aww, no.

I REFUSE to pay for another streaming service when I pay enough for cable as it is. I already have Prime and Netflix. I use my friend's Peacock, Paramount Plus, and Disney Plus.
Old 10-11-2022, 10:21 PM

Well, they have ESPN+ included in the Disney Bundle to I guess encourage people to buy that bundle instead of them individually. I do not always have Prime Video. I do like that they have I believe N.B.A. League Pass on Prime Video & I think that it's cheaper this year being $14.99 per month instead of $28.99 monthly. Some awful news guys: Marvin Bagley slipped on the court in his game tonight vs. Oklahoma City & left that game with an injury. It appeared to be a knee injury. Just sad. Wish Marvin Bagley well.
Old 10-12-2022, 07:38 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Some awful news guys: Marvin Bagley slipped on the court in his game tonight vs. Oklahoma City & left that game with an injury. It appeared to be a knee injury. Just sad. Wish Marvin Bagley well.
Aww, man.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

QBs going down... LA Rams desperate for QB help signed former Browns/ Carolina QB Baker Mayfield ...
Old 12-07-2022, 05:46 PM

Yeah. Marvin Bagley has returned by the way, but Cade Cunningham has a shin injury. Detroit did win vs. Miami yesterday. Aaron Judge has agreed to re-sign with the Yankees. Trea Turner has agree to sign with Philadelphia. Jacob Degrom has agreed to sign with Texas. Justin Verlander has agreed to sign with the N.Y. Mets. Those are some of the reported signings in Major League Baseball recently.
Old 12-07-2022, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yup....Aaron Judge signed a large 300 million contract as well....largest signing of the off season.... nobody is going to beat that
Old 02-05-2023, 02:49 PM

Reports: Nets trade Kyrie Irving to Mavericks

The Brooklyn Nets have reportedly agreed to trade Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks, according to multiple reports. The Nets reportedly will receive Spencer Dinwiddie, Dorian Finney-Smith and future picks in the deal.

Brooklyn reportedly receives:

Spencer Dinwiddie
Dorian Finney-Smith
2027 second-round pick
2029 first-round pick (unprotected)
2029 second round-pick

Dallas reportedly receives:

Kyrie Irving

https://www.nba.com/news/nets-kyrie-...llas-mavericks
Old 02-06-2023, 11:01 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news.
Old 02-09-2023, 01:09 AM

No problem. There have been more reported trades in the N.B.A. 1 of them includes Kevin Durant going to the Phoenix Suns with T.J. Warren for Cam Johnson, Mikael Bridges, Jae Crowder, 4 1st round draft picks & a pick swap. I'll try to update the trades here tomorrow that have been reported this week.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread