Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Sports Holiday Wish List

With the holiday season upon us, it’s time to buy presents and make out your wish list. That said, I thought it would be fun to list what sports-related holiday gifts you would like to receive or may be buying for someone special. Hey, who knows! You might even get some ideas for your own shopping list. I look forward to reading everyone's post. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Keep in mind this is a “wish list,” and knowing how expensive some of this stuff is, I naturally don’t expect to get or even buy myself a lot of it. But, I can hope! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Wish List:

I’m a huge Mark Prior fan, so it would be SWEET to get a personalized jersey. The asking price is a little steep, though.

Being an avid runner, I wouldn’t mind getting these products as stocking stuffers:

Tickets to any local sports team (sans Blackhawks) would also be pretty cool.

Gift List:

I haven’t bought too many sports-related presents for others thus far, but I have purchased a few things:

Madden 2004
Nike apparel
Autographed copy of Oscar Robertson’s autobiography
Bally's membership
Old 12-05-2003, 03:33 PM
T
Master Fan

Great topic idea [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I certainly wouldn't mind getting some Real Madrid related gifts - like a trip to Madrid to start with [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].

Then one of the new Real shirts wouldn't hurt - preferably with Raul's name & number on the back:

And I'd love to get this packet of 6 Real matches from the last few years:

I've seen a few, but I only have one of them on tape.

As for getting sports related stuff to others, sadly I have to admit my family and friends couldn't care less for such gifts. Well, prehaps my dad might like a retro CCCP football (soccer) shirt *G*, but I know it'd end up in the back of a closet anyways, and they're a bit pricey for that. Unless of course I saved it from such a fate.. hmm, there are possibilities *G*.
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 06:32 PM
MST Manager

Good idea, Kathie! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hmm, I don't really have a holiday wish list, if I really think about it. But, my grandfather did just buy me some 49ers pajamas. Hee! I love them. It was a nice way to celebrate and start my vacation.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I cannot find a picture of what I want ... can't even find one for the Rammies, but I saw one for the Cowboys in the local pro shop ... a "Phat Hat" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Addicted Fan

I wouldn't mind finding a new pair of kicks under the tree for Christmas:

Quote:
Product Description:
Toronto Raptors star Vince Carter is the inspiration for this high-performance, cutting-edge, innovative hoop jump system. It’s designed to propel the game’s best players - like Vince - to the highest level of explosiveness, ride and quickness. This shoe is inspired footwear innovation. It features a hidden eye-stay design with a gleaming synthetic shroud lace cover, Nike’s famed medial-side anti-ankle inversion TPU structure (otherwise known in hoop circles as a monkey paw) and an internal injected TPU rib cage for enhanced support and articulated comfort, plus a dynamic-fit forefoot sleeve. A full-length Phylon™ midsole, with heel and forefoot Nike Shox™ cushioning, and a solid rubber outsole and maximum-traction herringbone outsole pattern complete the shoe.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

Nice kicks! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Two versions that look retro Jordan, with their Bulls colors and the UNC powder blue. Vinsanity isn’t trying to copy His Airness again, is he? Heh. How much are these shoes? I’d suspect around $120, but of course it would be a little different in Canada.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire Girl:
<STRONG> but I saw one for the Cowboys in the local pro shop ... a "Phat Hat" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I have never heard of this before. I like the name. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I’ll see if I can find out what it looks like. You’ve got me curious now. Is there anything special about this hat that makes it “phat” [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] or is just a regular thing?
Old 12-06-2003, 07:09 PM
Addicted Fan

The shoes at regular price cost $159.99, but Amazon.com has them on sale at $69.99 (and I think that's in American dollars).

I might rip 'His Airness' every now and then, but I have to admit he has some of the hottest gear (I'M sure Pat will enjoy this [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]):

Old 12-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

I want some tennis gear like this tank, even though it is an Anna one. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Drunk Girl
47th & 9th
AuburnGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 08:54 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi159:
<STRONG>I’m a huge Mark Prior fan, so it would be SWEET to get a personalized jersey.</STRONG>
omgsh.. I love Mark Prior. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I became a huge fan of him towards the end of this season. He's so talanted and boy can he pitch. He's scary on the mound!!

My wishlist..

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Pretty much anything Braves
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Mark Prior t-shirt jersey
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Derrick Mason jersey
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Anything Titans
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Nike apparel
i heart giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Master Fan

Cool, another Mark Prior fan! You have excellent taste. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

What is this I see? Shaolin giving Mr. Jordan some props?!!! Even if they are for his keen sense of style. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Yep, His Airness knows how to market the threads. We’ve gotta pick up a jersey for Pat. The red/gray one and the blue with the cursive letters are my favorites.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

i almost bought a Portis jersey the other day, so aqt his moment, i'd say either a Andre Johnson jersey or Clinton Portis Jersey.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here's a Phat Hat for LSU ...

I saw a Cowboys one, but I seriously want the R*ams one, but I am not sure they make it!

I'm going to look this weekend when I got to the game and see if I can find one.
Old 12-26-2003, 01:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

I got mine... a trip to Orlando for the Capital One Bowl on New Year's Day. Boiler up! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2003, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Congratulations Jenn! That is awesome!