Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Master Fan

Sports Board MIA Thread: Where Are They Now?

Since this board’s inception in Sept. 2000, I have seen a lot of posters come and go. Some just stopped by on occasion, while others were mainstays who brought quality discussion and character to this board. They helped make this place a “home” for many. For whatever reason, these individuals no longer post at this board or only drop by once in a while. The other day, I was thinking about a lot of old faces that used to frequent this board and wondered what they’re up to. So, basically this is an MIA thread to talk about past friends of the sports board, and to possibly-- hopefully-- find out their whereabouts.

There are many names that come to mind, but I’ll start off with just one: Shaolin. I know that his Internet access has been limited after talking to Chris, but it would be nice to hear from Mr. Raptor himself. Shaolin was one of the original sports board posters who ALWAYS brought the dynamic of friendship, humor and intelligence to his posts. No matter what, he always managed to bring a smile to your face with his posts. Plus, no one could trash talk like him! I still get a kick out of his pathetic [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] attempts to rip His Airness. Bwah! If you’re reading this Shaolin, just know that you are missed around these parts.

Does anyone know what happened to some of the Aussie crew? Dave, Mads, Kase, Steph, etc? They made this place a hoot during their posting days.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yea I miss Shaolin too...he was my partner in talking trash and it's not the same w/ out him. Hopefully he can drop by more often. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 01:37 PM
MST Manager

Nice idea, Kathie! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ah, Shaolin. Talking about his Air Canada. Not. Bwahaha!

Yeah, it would be nice to see a post from him.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:49 PM
MST Manager

I thought about somebody else.

I haven't seen twoods around here in a long time. Or is it just me?

She defended those Lakers like nobody else! LMAO.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I haven't heard from Shaolin in a couple of weeks. I've missed his enlightening emails. I'm sure he's living it up in Toronto eating nachos and still drooling over the latest Maxim. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Drunk Girl
47th & 9th
AuburnGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Where is Shaolin?
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Milt Palacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

I get an email or two from him a week. We talk trash with out Fantasy league teams.

Steph i see online once in awhile, haven't talked withher though.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

That's good to hear. Chris, please let Shaolin know that his little fan club misses him around these parts. Also, that we say hello. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by NikNak:
<STRONG>
I haven't seen twoods around here in a long time. Or is it just me?
</STRONG>
I haven’t seen her in awhile, either. You’re right. No one could match her support for the Lakers. Well, maybe with the exception of dcismyfav, who only comes around to post at the “NFL: Make the Picks” thread. I remember getting into heated debates with those two back in the day. Of course, it was all in good fun. Most of it, anyway. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I hope they drop their NBA knowledge around these parts again in the near future.

I know of his whereabouts since he's a FF moderator, but Ice (Alex) hasn't posted here in a long time. His love of all things football is missed, especially as it pertains to the Georgia Bulldogs and Atlanta Falcons.

[ 11-19-2003: Message edited Chi159 ]
Old 11-19-2003, 08:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Well...life in a third world country is so different in life in US. Suddenly I found less and less free time than usual.

For those who doesn't know, I am Malaysian who used to study and work in US. However, I went back to my country last year, for good, due to family obligations. And that explains my sudden inactivities and disappearance in FF.

Regardless, I've always treasured the relationship with the FF community, and try to be there whenever possible to see what's going around in FF. But it was a surprise, to see any other members disappear as well...Shaolin, twoods etc...but damn do I miss living in the States, watching ESPN all the time while mingling in the FF forum, bragging about my Lakers, which is great anyway, and defending everything Arizonans and Pac-10ers.

GOOOOOOO LAKERS....WORLD CHAMPION 2003-2004 !!!
dcismyfav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

dcismyfav and twoods were two I was going to mention too, even though Lakers fans, it's not the same here w/ out them either. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-20-2003: Message edited Pat ]
Old 11-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Passionate Fan

hellooooooooooooo [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I have been in mourning since Anna announced her retirement, and thus have not returned [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nah, how is everyone? Geez, Haven't been here for quite a while. I've been good, just finished my university course (well, depending on results!), so I guess I'll have to start looking for one of those 'real jobs' now [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Steph is well I think. I haven't spoken to her for ages, but she is up in Queensland (moved interstate for Uni purposes) and having a great time. I gotta email/ring her soon. Don't know about Kase, lost touch with her. And Mads, I simply don't know [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, hope everyone is well, and I'll catch everyone around [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Dave. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 01:09 AM
MST Manager

Anna retired? I had no clue. Where have I been? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Nice to see you here again, Dave.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Wasup fools? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Man, I just feel the love in here. It's nice to see I haven't been forgotten. Like some of you have already mentioned, my limited 'net access has killed my posting. I'm still around, though. I'll try dropping by more often.

Nice seeing all the familar faces again! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 02:52 AM
MST Manager

Ah, good to see Vince Carter's biggest fan (at least, on this board) back here with us. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

Woo-hoo! The return of the old-timers. I mean that in the best possible way, of course. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Dave and Shaolin, it’s nice to see you two drop by! Your presence has been sorely missed at this board. What, did you think you could actually have a life? Pfft! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Seriously, it’s good to know that you guys have not forgotten about this place. But don’t be such strangers, okay? I don’t want to have to keep posting threads like this one to get you to come out of lurkdom. Capiche?

Anna retired? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Bwah! It’s sad that this “shocking” news didn’t even register a blip on my radar. Oh, well! It’s kind of upsetting, though. Who will I have to make fun of in the tennis world? It looks like I will have to find a new hobby. Heh.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave.:
<STRONG>

Steph is well I think. I haven't spoken to her for ages, but she is up in Queensland (moved interstate for Uni purposes) and having a great time.</STRONG>
I talked to her on AIM a few months ago. She was visiting Green Bay at the time. Don't ask. I'm still wondering why anyone would want to visit there myself. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It sounded like she was doing good, though. Ms. Frequent Flier will have to grace us with her presence around these parts in the near future.

[ 11-30-2003: Message edited Chi159 ]