Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 08:25 AM
New Fan

Sporting/Wrestling Questionnaire

Hi, this questionnaire is for my university dissertation, about World Wrestling Entertainment. The reason it is in the sports forum is because i need to understand how sports fans view professional wrestling. I would greatly appreichiate if anybody can take the time to complete this. Once again thanks!

1 Age?

2 Location?

3 Gender?

4 Would you consider yourself a Sports Fan? Why?

5 Professional Wrestling is sports related, how would you define professional wrestling, in terms of sport?

6 What type of competitive sports do you feel are most similar to professional wrestling?

7 Would you consider yourself as a wrestling fan? Why?
(If your answer to Question 7 was no, please finish questionnaire now. Thank You! If yes, please continue!)

8 What was your favourite wrestling storyline/feud? Why?

9 Who is your favourite wrestler? Why?

10 What is your favourite wrestling match of all time? Why?

11 Did you watch the old WCW?

12 Did you enjoy it? Why?

13 Was there a time when you preferred watching WCW to WWE? When?

14 Do you know of another wrestling company that you feel could currently compete with the WWE?

15 Would you like to see more competition? Why?

16 Other than wrestling, what do you feel acts as a competitor to the WWE for TV Ratings? Do you enjoy this as much as wrestling?

17 Do you have different expectations from wrestling to those of when you first started watching it? If yes, what could be the reason for this?

18 If your expectations have changed, do you feel the same way about other "sports"? Why do you think this is?

19 What do you feel is the main target audience of the WWE?

20 a) Do you feel the WWE markets their product well enough to attract their target audience?
b) As well as in the 1998-2000 period?

Thanks for your time
Poindexter316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

1 Age?27

2 Location?IA, USA

3 Gender?M

4 Would you consider yourself a Sports Fan? Why? yes, myh life revolves around sports, i have a bad day, i need only look to my hurricanes for support and i'm usually better, using Ray Lewis hyping techniques to biild confidence and such. My walls are covered in sports jerseys and not a day goes by when i don't have 20 sports thoughts.

5 Professional Wrestling is sports related, how would you define professional wrestling, in terms of sport?Tons of physical skills needed to perform. Competitive aspects, being entertaining, having a strong fan base.

6 What type of competitive sports do you feel are most similar to professional wrestling?Basketball, tons of talent, with tons of showboating.

7 Would you consider yourself as a wrestling fan? Why?
(If your answer to Question 7 was no, please finish questionnaire now. Thank You! If yes, please continue!)yes, i've always watcher wresting and I used to enjo it greatly, i've changed shifts and gotten a different job, so i'm not around to watch it as much, I plan on calling off work to go to a bar with a friend to see wrestle Mania [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

8 What was your favourite wrestling storyline/feud? Why? I love Gangrel and the Brood, i have a thing for Vampires and darkenss. So when they were "taken" by the Undertaker and ushered into the Ministry, I loved that. 'Takers dominating group; Mideon/Vicera, The Brood, the Acolytes was just pure destruction. I thouhgt it would have been cool to put them vs the WCW's Wolf Pack

9 Who is your favourite wrestler? Why?
All time, a tie between Gangrel and The Rock. Gangrel, as i loved his music and entrance, and the persona of DAvid being a vampire with actual surgecally altered teeth was sweet. The Rock, he is what i think of when i think Miami Hurricanes football. That arrogant, i am better than you and i'm gonna let you know it every possibly moment attitude. And you can't do anything about it, cuz I am the best.
10 What is your favourite wrestling match of all time? Why? MAtch, I forget when it was or where, but it was a match between Edge/Christian and the HArdy Boys, they had so many great matches, but this match every single guy was able to do his finishing move, include each teams "team finisher" and the the best part, Edge did his spear to MAtt Hardy in midair, that was just an awesome sight. So many "DAMN"'s hear in the room that night with bodies flying all over the place.

11 Did you watch the old WCW? Rarely, I preferred the WWF over the WCW.

12 Did you enjoy it? Why? it was ok, some parts were good, but overall it lacked personality, like it tried too hard.

13 Was there a time when you preferred watching WCW to WWE? When? Nope.

14 Do you know of another wrestling company that you feel could currently compete with the WWE?No way.

15 Would you like to see more competition? Why? Yes, because it would get rid of some of the deadweight, the guys I don't know and such, but at the same time, i'd hate to see a guy i liked leave for the other side.

16 Other than wrestling, what do you feel acts as a competitor to the WWE for TV Ratings? Do you enjoy this as much as wrestling? Corny Reality TV like American Idol, i'd only let it be on my TV if the girl I liked wanted to watch it, but shed have to let me rub her feet while doing so [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

17 Do you have different expectations from wrestling to those of when you first started watching it? If yes, what could be the reason for this? No, it is entertainment, makes me smile and laugh. Still does.

18 If your expectations have changed, do you feel the same way about other "sports"? Why do you think this is? I feel the same about all sports.

19 What do you feel is the main target audience of the WWE? M/F 8-50 Really, it is geared to everyone.

20 a) Do you feel the WWE markets their product well enough to attract their target audience?
b) As well as in the 1998-2000 period?

I don't know, i haven't seenany commercials or ads in forever, i don't look for them either. As far as the 1998-2000 period, i couldn't tell ya what I did last week, let alone 6 years ago, but i do remember more advertising, as there was competition back then, plus I worked for a place that had WWF(E) events, so i knew abbout them and was able towatch it on a regular basis.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:36 AM
MST Manager

Age? 30

Location? New Jersey, USA

Gender? Female

Would you consider yourself a Sports Fan? Why? I am a huge sports fan. I always love to watch certain sports and talk about them. I have lots of games on tape and really enjoy watching them over and over again, even if I know the outcome. There are many days where I can just go home, chill on the couch and watch a football or basketball game, and I am very content.

Professional Wrestling is sports related, how would you define professional wrestling, in terms of sport? Personally, I don't like wrestling at all, so it wouldn't be defined highly on my list of "good", must-see sports.

What type of competitive sports do you feel are most similar to professional wrestling? Hmm. Not really sure. Maybe boxing.

Would you consider yourself as a wrestling fan? Why?
(If your answer to Question 7 was no, please finish questionnaire now. Thank You! If yes, please continue!)

No, not at all.

So, I'll end the questionnaire here. Hope that helps, even if just a little. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]