Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveActually (View Post)
Also, if this is the person I'm thinking of, she DID supply evidence of her connection. This is the only person (that I'm aware of) in any of these discussions/debates that has ever been able to back up her story.
Yes it is the person you're thinking of, and she did provide evidence. If people had bothered to hear her out, as Amelia said, they would know that. And yet we get ridiculed for believing her, because instead we should believe the people that have produced no evidence whatsoever to back up their claims

icon by LovelyLaura

Last edited by channingco92; 11-21-2010 at 07:33 PM
Old 11-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Look, I know you guys value having this board here as a place to blow off steam, and I'mma let you finish, but can I just say something quickly?

We don't care if you believe us, and we don't expect you to. Really, we don't, and we haven't brought any of this stuff up in a very long time. It's the comments claiming that we have no idea what we're talking about, that everything we ever say is conjecture, that got this discussion going, along with accusations of rudeness when people have been very careful with their words.

Ok, I just wanted to throw that out there--that nobody expects you to believe anything.

Carry on.

Last edited by hackysack; 11-24-2010 at 12:38 AM
Old 11-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry if I sounded harsh - I know no one is 'forcing' anyone to believe anything. I was more talking about comments (like the one on the last page) that belittle people for believing other things, or other posters. And disrespecting said posters/pmers without ever having heard them out. Thats all And for the record, personally I don't think anyone was crossing the line when it came to fsfan1, although I can see why people would think that.

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 11-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackysack (View Post)
Look, I know you guys value having this board here as a place to blow off steam, and I'mma let you finish, but can I just say something quickly?

We don't care if you believe us, and we don't expect you to. Really, we don't, and we haven't brought any of this stuff up in a very long time. It's the comments claiming that we have no idea what we're talking about, that everything we ever say is conjecture, that got this discussion going, along with accusations of rudeness when people have been very careful with their words (see: augustexposure's post yesterday, and the discussion it referred to).

Ok, I just wanted to throw that out there--that nobody expects you to believe anything.

Carry on.
This is what confuses me: do you think it's rude for me to say I don't believe you? Or is it when I go a little farther and say I don't believe you because I haven't seen any evidence to support your PoV?
Old 11-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
This is what confuses me: do you think it's rude for me to say I don't believe you? Or is it when I go a little farther and say I don't believe you because I haven't seen any evidence to support your PoV?
I don't think either of those statements is rude at all. If, for example, you said that you don't believe me and that I don't have any evidence to support my PoV, I might be a bit peeved, because that would be a baseless assumption. Or if you suggested that I've based everything I say on some childish desire to see my favorite ice dancers to live happily ever after, without paying any attention to reality. However, I don't recall you ever saying anything like that.

I'd never be angry at anyone simply because she didn't agree with me.

Last edited by hackysack; 11-21-2010 at 09:00 PM
Old 11-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I don't think either of those statements is rude at all. If, for example, you said that you don't believe me and that I don't have any evidence to support my PoV, I might be a bit peeved, because that would be a baseless assumption. Or if you suggested that I've based everything I say on some childish desire to see my favorite ice dancers to live happily ever after, without paying any attention to reality. However, I don't recall you ever saying anything like that.

I'd never be angry at anyone simply because she didn't agree with me.
Fair enough! I will tell you that it's very frustrating for me because I feel like it's being held over my head - you guys know something I don't but you can't reveal your sources.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Fair enough! I will tell you that it's very frustrating for me because I feel like it's being held over my head - you guys know something I don't but you can't reveal your sources.
I'm sorry about that. I will say that there are some people who have come to the same conclusions without those sources, and that people have done their best to use information that's readily available to everyone to make points, so as to be verifiable. But I definitely understand how that might be frustrating.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm sorry about that. I will say that there are some people who have come to the same conclusions without those sources, and that people have done their best to use information that's readily available to everyone to make points, so as to be verifiable. But I definitely understand how that might be frustrating.
May I ask, the information that you have which cannot be shared with us, have you found that yourself (internet searches etc) or is it founded by another person's findings?
Old 11-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncoeur (View Post)
May I ask, the information that you have which cannot be shared with us, have you found that yourself (internet searches etc) or is it founded by another person's findings?
Hmm, perhaps a bit of both. Most of the things that have been brought up on the main board about media training, facebook, etc. were brought up because anyone can research those things and dialogue about them, and they're relevant without being too personally detailed or betraying anyone's trust. Sometimes those lines get blurred, but I try to avoid anything that doesn't meet those requirements, however it was obtained.

Last edited by hackysack; 11-21-2010 at 10:48 PM
Old 11-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncoeur (View Post)
well said Thel! I have never ventured to even become a 'fan' of that page because of precisely the reasons you stated. Although I do check back from time to time to see the insanities that go on there, it is wonderful that there is actually a voice of wisdom on that page! I would give you a standing ovation but unfortunately there is not an emoticon for it
Thanks for the compliment!
Sometimes it's like being with a group of pre-teens over there.They think they're being clever but wind up disrespecting V/M and Jessica as well.
At long last,a mod put the squelch on the older troll who was channeling Tessa's ob-gyn...but now we have the juveniles taking over with that fantasy.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
At long last,a mod put the squelch on the older troll who was channeling Tessa's ob-gyn...but now we have the juveniles taking over with that fantasy.
You mean the one that thinks everyone is Jessica in disguise?

icon by LovelyLaura
Old 11-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by channingco92 (View Post)
You mean the one that thinks everyone is Jessica in disguise?
Exactly...we're all aka Jessica,the interloper,infiltrating the VM board....after we showed up in Monaco and interfered with the fantasy romance.Us Jessicas are bursting the bubble.We then appeared in the Ilderton parade carriage....why were we in that picture?
It's Days of Our Lives on ice.It's all about fabricating scenarios depending on which hand/ finger Tessa's ring is on!
Some people are just nutzoid!
Old 11-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

On Golden Pond....a totally insightful article,by Milton, about working with Tessa and Scott on their book.He really defines the partnership in such touching words...their formula for creating magic;their genuine personalities and how they really love one another.He would have renamed the book,"together"!
Tears on my keyboard from reading this..........
Old 11-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Loyal Fan

And here is the link to the wonderfully written article!

TheSpec - On Golden Pond: the Tessa&Scott story
Old 11-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Beautifully written and phrased article!