Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Please Welcome Chi159 - The Newest Member of the Super Moderator Team!

Hi everyone! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Please join me in welcoming Chi159 (Kathie) as the newest member of the Super Moderator team! Kathie has been a member of Fan Forum since May of 2000, and she was an excellent moderator on the Dawson’s Creek board and here at the Sports board, and I’m really thrilled that she’s going to be part of the Super Moderator team. Super Moderators can't moderate individual boards, but I know that Kathie will still be visiting her “home” here and leading the discussions on this message board. Please join me in offering her your congratulations, and I know that she’s going to do a great job for all of us! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats on becoming a Super Mod Kathie. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2003, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

[img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] Way to go Kathie. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

Kathie, that's awesome! You're the bestest [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Nooo! We need her here!
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Milt Palacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 12:30 PM
T
Master Fan

Lots of congrats [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Congratulations Kathie. I'm sure you'll do a good job. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2003, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

Congrats, Kathie! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You better not abandon this board, though, or you'll have a lot of angry people on your hands. Including me. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Congrats Kathie! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the kind words, guys. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I really appreciate it.

It’s kind of weird no longer moderating the Sports board since I’ve done it for so long, but I’m sure Chris will do an excellent job in my place. Besides, I don’t intend to abandon my Fan Forum “home.” Just won’t happen. I have too much invested in this board. So, I’ll still be a regular around this place.

If you guys ever need to contact a super mod for whatever reason, don’t hesitate to send a PM my way. I’ll be glad to help out. The same applies for this board. Sometimes Nik and Chris won’t always be online when you have a question or concern, so feel free to seek help from me. I’ll be like the phantom moderator of this board. You won’t always see me, but I’ll be here.

Every move you make, every step you take...I’ll be watching you.” [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2003, 06:15 PM
Addicted Fan

"Wake me up before you go-go, don't leave me hangin' on like a yo-yo...."

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Just continuing the 80s love.

But I was just wondering, what exactly is a super mod?
Old 12-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

How come you're always such a fussy young man.
Don't want no Cap'n Crunch, don't want no Raisin Bran.
Well don't you know that other kids are starvin' in Japan.
So eat it, just eat it.
” [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

We used to have a detailed outline of what the roles/duties of administrators, super mods, and moderators at Fan Forum are, but I can’t seem to be able to find it right now. You had to go and ask, didn’t you Shaolin? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Basically, super moderators help run Fan Forum by working behind the scenes to make sure everything runs smoothly. That includes monitoring the boards, dealing with those who break FF rules, helping out moderators (and others) who may have a problem, and making the day-to-day decisions that will hopefully make this the best site it can be.
Old 12-07-2003, 03:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Milt Palacio:
<STRONG>Nooo! We need her here!</STRONG>
The only difference will be My name up there instead of Kathies. You know she'll be here to praise the chicago goodness. heh, if there is any [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2003, 10:20 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi159:
<STRONG>Besides, I don’t intend to abandon my Fan Forum “home.” Just won’t happen. I have too much invested in this board. So, I’ll still be a regular around this place.</STRONG>
You better! I will hunt you down otherwise. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Congrats again on your new position.