Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2018, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

i can't believe Ben and Bell are making such distracting statements to the press, in a week leading up to a huge one and done must win against the Jags. dammit Killer B's leave that drama crap until the off-season. geez smh. nice to have no comments from either AB or Coach Tomlin, just all business and game face.

Go Steelers!!!
Old 01-11-2018, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What did Ben say?
Old 01-13-2018, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ben initially said that he was considering retirement again and that Sunday was probably his last appearance at Heinz Field, but then he later revised his statement to the espn reporter that Bell talked to, after Bell himself revised his own statement that he would consider sitting out the 2018 season or retiring early aka Barry Sanders, if the Steelers franchise-tagged him for a second straight year. so much drama! all this jazz should be kept for the off-season, not right before one of the biggest games of the season! smh.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't hear saying that at all, but I live outside of the US so I do miss out of some NFL news from time to time.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:46 PM
MST Manager

I do not think he is retiring, especially since they lost today.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He definitely isn't, I doubt he would just leave the NFL after that game.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:31 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
all this jazz should be kept for the off-season, not right before one of the biggest games of the season! smh.
I agree.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

we need a better defense, so sloppy and out of place constantly, they allowed 6 touchdowns to a team that could only score one against the Bills. so disgusted. oh well, i am done with football til next season, i could care less about the rest of the fixoffs and supercommercialbowl.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
we need a better defense, so sloppy and out of place constantly, they allowed 6 touchdowns to a team that could only score one against the Bills. so disgusted. oh well, i am done with football til next season, i could care less about the rest of the fixoffs and supercommercialbowl.
Do you think that there should be any coaching changes?
Old 01-15-2018, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

i think the DC Keith Butler and OC Todd Haley are both on the chopping block, too many bad decisions in critical games.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah agreed, I think Joey Porter or even Carnell Lake should be on the block too.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

so they fired the OC who still put up 42 points against the best defense in the AFC, but kept a suspect DC who allowed 5 touchdowns from a comparitively weak offense who could barely score one touchdown on the Buffalo Bills. i don't count the 6th touchdown against the D since Ben threw that pick and put the D in an untenable situation in a major playoff game. but there is no excuse for 'a good defense' to give up 5 touchdowns in a playoff game. DC should be booted, Mitchel should be given his walking papers for running his stupid piehole, and the defense needs to be completely redone and secondary all fired except Joe Haden. stupid front office better not let Bell go...
Old 01-20-2018, 05:39 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
stupid front office better not let Bell go...
That is actually a consideration???
Old 01-20-2018, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
That is actually a consideration???

Bell is up for a huge contract, based on his massive production both as a back and a receiver, and the Steelers front office is notoriously cheap and unwilling to hand out huge paydays except the obvious Bank of Ben. they franchise-tagged him for 2017, and may end up doing it again, unless Ben restructures his contract to keep Bell, who has threatened to sit out the 2018 season if they tag him for a second straight year. Bell has also stated that he may just retire a la Barry Sanders, if the Steelers don't give him a big contract in the offseason. give the man the money!!!
Old 01-21-2018, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
so they fired the OC who still put up 42 points against the best defense in the AFC, but kept a suspect DC who allowed 5 touchdowns from a comparitively weak offense who could barely score one touchdown on the Buffalo Bills. i don't count the 6th touchdown against the D since Ben threw that pick and put the D in an untenable situation in a major playoff game. but there is no excuse for 'a good defense' to give up 5 touchdowns in a playoff game. DC should be booted, Mitchel should be given his walking papers for running his stupid piehole, and the defense needs to be completely redone and secondary all fired except Joe Haden. stupid front office better not let Bell go...
Tbf, the offense scored points in-spite of at times and Ben doesn't really like him at all. Hopefully they find an way to keep Ben.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread