Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Notice How Great Games Suck When Your Team Loses?

yeah, the UC/XU game just ended,... great game, until the last ohhh 5 seconds. Now, that game just sucked [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Game 7 vs the Yankmes. Great game,... until the 7th inning. -shakes head- That game sucks too.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:45 PM
MST Manager

Hmm. I guess I tend to think the game isn't too exciting if my team ended up losing. And I wouldn't give the other team their props, even if they played well and kicked our asses. Yes, I am that petty. Heh.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Isn’t that how it always goes? No matter how great the game is, you will always remember it as sucky because your team lost.

A few games come to mind:

Game 5 of the 1994 Eastern Conference Finals. Damn Hue Hollins and his phantom foul call!!! He screwed over Pip with that whistle. The Bulls could have pulled off the four-peat without His Airness, but instead Hollins handed the Knicks a 3-2 series lead. I’ll never forget how pissed off I was by that ending, even though it was a great game.

Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS. The Cubs were cruising along with a 3-0 lead and were five outs away from the World Series. The freakin’ promised land! It’s been 1945 since that last occurred. But, what happens? Bartman lives in infamy and the Cubs allow a commanding 3-1 series lead to evaporate. Just like that. Pfft!

The 1997 Super Bowl. It was a well played game between New England and Green Bay. However, the fact that the Cheesheads won made the whole things suck. Heh. I’m a petty Bears fan.
Old 02-04-2004, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have a game to add.

Game 4 of the `96 World Series. The Braves were up 2-1 in the series and jumped on the Yankees 6-0. I thought that the Braves had the Yankees down for the countdown and were on their way going up 3-1 in the series. However the Yankees in typical fashion refused to die and cut the lead down to 6-3 and then came the infamous 3 run home run by Jim Leyritz off of then Braves closer Mark Wohlers that tied the game in the 8th. [img]smilies/furious.gif[/img] After that it was all downhill for the Braves. I`m still pissed off about that even to this day. Damn Yankees! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Total Fan

gotta go with you Rod. that was aweful. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
i heart giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

2001, Mo giving up.... I'll stop before I get into non stop crying mode. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

2004 SuperBowl... Panthers are NOT my team but I really really really really really really really didn't want the Patriots to win. A freaking great game but it SUCKED!

I have more but I'm lazy.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Total Fan

Game 7. Carter. Iverson. Eastern Conference Finals. One shot to end it; one shot to rule them all. CLUNK. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Headhunter: I was going to say the same thing! That game hurt! I still remmeber Vince and AI dropping 50 point games in that series. It was great series but a horrible ending.

Another game I have to add is Game 6 of the 2002 World Series. DAMN the Rally Monkey!!! My boy, Barry Bonds, was eight more outs away from getting his ring! *sigh* What could have been.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaolin:
<STRONG>Another game I have to add is Game 6 of the 2002 World Series. DAMN the Rally Monkey!!! My boy, Barry Bonds, was eight more outs away from getting his ring! *sigh* What could have been.</STRONG>
Oh man how could I forget that one... My heart was breaking in all sorts of different ways. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I hated that damn rally monkey so much.. Ahh.

Oh! And when Horry won the Sac/Lakers game after Divac threw the ball away with a few seconds. I was soooo down, I thought the world had ended. *shakes head*
Old 02-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaolin:
<STRONG>Headhunter: I was going to say the same thing! That game hurt! I still remmeber Vince and AI dropping 50 point games in that series. It was great series but a horrible ending.
</STRONG>
Really could have used McGrady in that one; would have had the honour of being swept by the Lakers that year... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

[ 02-07-2004: Message edited Headhunter ]
Old 02-14-2004, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

Uh, that happens to me all the time. I've even stopped watching soccer since Barça doesn't win anymore [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

** makes sure Nikki sees her posting **
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
- cris - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:27 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by - cris -:
<STRONG>** makes sure Nikki sees her posting **</STRONG>
*sees Cris posting*

Welcome, babe. Thanks for coming to the board... it's about damn time! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2004, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Oh yeah/
QueenBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread