Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

NFL Off Season Discussion - Let the Jostling for Trades, Picks, and Contracts Begin!

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] As the title says, it's the off season, so let's discuss our thoughts and hopes and fears here ... and share any news we find.

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

I'd like to see the Ravens and Colts trade up and draft one of my boys [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

Well yeah, no pressure and no blitzing, since it's illegal in the pro-bowl. Only goes to prove that the Offensive line for the rams sucks.

Offseason-wise, the rams seriously need to put this q-back controversy aside quickly. So we can all start concentrating on the next super bowl! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Master Fan

The Kordell Stewart “experiment” is over. Hallelujah! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, Slash.

This has to be some of the best news to come out of Bears headquarters in a LONG time. Stewart played atrociously during his short time with this team. Completely awful! He can now go wreak with some other team as a back-up. His days as a starter are over.

Champ Bailey to the NY Jets? Damn! I would have loved to have him in a Bears uniform. I originally wanted him or Culpepper over the dumb-ass McClown pick in the '99 draft.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

I wondered how long it would take before stewart was gone. I hear that the Arizona Cardinals have a QB openning....the question is, who takes over for stewart, certainly not chandler...he's ancient.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

Let the games begin.

Rams of tagged Orlando Pace with the "Franchise" sticker, offering him 7 years, 42 million, which would be a 1.5-2 million a year raise from last year.

Pace's agent refused to believe that even qualifies as an offer, stating that the Rams did it, just so they can say they made the offer. Sigh.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi159:
<STRONG>

Champ Bailey to the NY Jets? Damn! I would have loved to have him in a Bears uniform. I originally wanted him or Culpepper over the dumb-ass McClown pick in the '99 draft.</STRONG>
I don`t about Champ going to the Jets. There`s still the strong possibility of him going to the Broncos along with a 3rd round draft pick in exchance for Clinton Portis to the Redskins. I think that if this trade does happen, it`ll greatly favor the Redskins. With Coach Gibbs back, we all know that he`s going to stick with his trademark grind it out running game and Clinton would be a good fit. The Broncos would be crazy to trade Clinton. I know that they`re in need of a corner, but good running backs like Clinton don`t come around very often. If the Broncos go through with this trade, it`ll be another bad move by them.

I`m sure by now everyone has heard about the latest craziness involving Terrell Owens and the 49ers. Apparently T.O. and/or his agent forgot to send the paperwork that would`ve voided the last three years on his contract, making him a free agent. Instead he`s still under contract with the Niners. This is a bad blunder on the part of T.O. and his camp. You would`ve thought he and his agent would`ve known about the deadline, especially since T.O. has been ready to bust out of San Francisco since toward the end of the season. Right now the latest i`ve been hearing is that 49ers will wait to see what happens with the Players` Union, but i think that there`s a good chance of a trade, most likely with either the Eagles or Ravens.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Elite Fan

My man who is a huge 'Skins/Miami fan is loving the rumors of Portis and Winslow II. They did let Jessie Armstead go though.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's a bit surprising that my Bengals didn't at least dingle Corey Dillon under the 'Skins nose as Dillon leaving is the worst-kept secret in Bengaldom, and Cincy needs a shutdown corner, especially with Palmer under center with all the growing pains that entail.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot Rod:
<STRONG>

I don`t about Champ going to the Jets. There`s still the strong possibility of him going to the Broncos along with a 3rd round draft pick in exchance for Clinton Portis to the Redskins. I think that if this trade does happen, it`ll greatly favor the Redskins. With Coach Gibbs back, we all know that he`s going to stick with his trademark grind it out running game and Clinton would be a good fit. The Broncos would be crazy to trade Clinton. I know that they`re in need of a corner, but good running backs like Clinton don`t come around very often. If the Broncos go through with this trade, it`ll be another bad move by them.

I`m sure by now everyone has heard about the latest craziness involving Terrell Owens and the 49ers. Apparently T.O. and/or his agent forgot to send the paperwork that would`ve voided the last three years on his contract, making him a free agent. Instead he`s still under contract with the Niners. This is a bad blunder on the part of T.O. and his camp. You would`ve thought he and his agent would`ve known about the deadline, especially since T.O. has been ready to bust out of San Francisco since toward the end of the season. Right now the latest i`ve been hearing is that 49ers will wait to see what happens with the Players` Union, but i think that there`s a good chance of a trade, most likely with either the Eagles or Ravens.</STRONG>
Almost everybody in Denver loves this trade. Defense wins and Denver needs corners badly. When you have Denver's offensive line scheme, you can put anybody in that backfield and they will rush for over 1,000 yrds. This is a good move by Denver.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:40 AM
Elite Fan

The rams thought the same when they had pace, turley and warlabaugh in their front five....they ended up being a big reason they failed. Hope this doesn't happen for denver this year.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar:
<STRONG>The rams thought the same when they had pace, turley and warlabaugh in their front five....they ended up being a big reason they failed. Hope this doesn't happen for denver this year.</STRONG>
Hasn't failed them yet! Since 95 Denver has had about 4 different running backs and all of them have rushed for over a 1,000, plus New England won the Super Bowl and they didn't have a strong running game at all.

[ 03-02-2004: Message edited Carmelo Anthony ]
Old 03-02-2004, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Both teams get what they want, now we justy wait for the productivity.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

The Redskins are crazy to offer Clinton Portis that kind of deal. I don’t care how talented a RB he is, the guy is injury-prone and his position is not one of great stability. Daniel Snyder not only straps himself with a ridiculous cap amount, but he did so by totally outbidding himself for Portis’s services. Bwah! Idiot. I’ll be interested to see if this turns out to be another money trap debacle for Washington. They are turning into the NY Rangers of the NFL. I really like this deal for Denver. Champ Bailey is a top-flight cornerback who will solidify their secondary. Plus, getting a second-round pick is just icing on the cake. The Broncos have proven capable of churning out 1,000 yd. rushers in their offensive system, so I’m not sure they will miss Portis that much.

Still laughing at the Terrell Owens/agent not filing for free agency debacle! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Serves him right! After all the bitching and moaning he did last year, it would be humorous if he had to spend another three years in San Francisco. Hell, this is the best deal the 49ers have every completed, and they didn’t have to do a thing! Heh.

Kordell Stewart is no longer a Chicago Bear. Hell yeah!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah heard about Kordell, thank god Plummer came to Denver instead of Chicago, we would've been stuck with Kordell. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]