Old 01-04-2004, 08:11 PM
MST Manager

NFL Discussion Thread~ The Road To The Super Bowl

So, the Colts showed their ass today.

Damn.

Let's continue talking here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey, I'm quite happy the Colts won. Everyone I wanted to win (except Dallas instead of Carolina) did. 3 out of 4 hopes aren't bad.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

lol i was posting while you closed it and i've done forgot what i typed. YAY COLTS! that is all for now.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

Bah, and double bah.....they only team I wanted to win that won was Green bay. Unfortunately, I think that this means that Carolina is coming to St. Louis....uggg....although, maybe it's good if Green Bay goes to philly and stomps on the eagles! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nik You know it's not nice to come taunting and then close a thread behind you don't you?! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

You're EVIL! I knew it! I bet you worship Cruz-don't you? [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

Now, back to coming and taunting me with my Coach's loss. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] How could you?? Poor Bill. I knew Dallas wasn't going to win-just like I know the R*ams will win, but I am still heartbroken for Bill. I've been in love with the man for 20 years...I must now kick your butt.

Seriously, I'm so out of touch (other than Bill Parcells) that I had NO clue Seattle was hanging out in the NFC now. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

So, tell me who's left? Okay, I'll go check myself. Just let me know who you're rooting for (Aussies-you KNOW I mean cheering!) and I'll get started on the Voodoo dolls.

And, psst, Nik...Karen and I are very, very creative, and patient. [img]smilies/demon.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Edited cause I just don't have the heart to taunt you...too much...yet.

Kim
Old 01-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

WHY?!!!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

The only thing I really looked forward to seeing in this year’s playoffs was watching Green Bay get eliminated, and look at what happens today. Ah, man! As soon as Hasselbeck won the coin toss and said that Seattle was going to score (which cracked me up, btw), I knew it was over. Watching the Cheeseheads run onto the field and celebrate like that just breaks my little Bears fan heart. Ugh! I’ve witnessed that scene far too many times over the years. Hopefully, Philly ends their “dream season” next week. At least Seattle made a real game of it. I wasn’t expecting that. Had their receivers not dropped so many freakin’ passes, it might have been a different outcome.

Way to go, Indy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I’ve always loved their offense, so it was nice to see them come through today. Now the monkey is finally off Peyton Manning’s back. With last year’s shellacking by the Jets and having never won a playoff game, it was sweet redemption for him. Denver clearly didn’t show up to play today. Plummer exhibited the type of decision-making (Mr. INT) that made me not want the Bears to sign him last year. I wonder if people will now question Shanahan’s decision to sit his starters last week. It clearly did no good.

Baltimore choked. Billick went away from the very thing that carried the Ravens’ offense all season long-- Jamal Lewis. Not using him effectively killed Baltimore’s chance of winning. Even though Tennessee has the best run defense in the league, you have to give the NFL’s No. 1 rusher more than 14 carries. That was ridiculous!

I wasn’t surprised to see Dallas lose. Just the way they did. Their defense just looked atrocious. Worst performance of the year. Very surprising! Sorry about that, Rod. At least you guys had a hell of a season. No one expected the rebuilding plan to come along so quickly. There’s a lot to look forward to. Parcells needs to upgrade the QB and RB position in the off-season. If that happens, look out! The ‘Boys will make several returns to the playoffs.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:04 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>lol i was posting while you closed it and i've done forgot what i typed. </STRONG>
Oops, my bad.

Kimmie's here! Wheeee. And I am glad we got to know each other and become friends before you really find out how I truly felt about the Cowboys. I have *hated* that team for YEARS. Bill Parcells going there has done nothing (at all) to change that fact.

*still running*

Hee.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I suspect it wouldn't--Given that Parcells kind of made a mockery out of the 49ers when he was with the Giants. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

How the HECK do you think I feel? Going from the NY Giants to root for Dallas?! That's why I say I'm a Parcells fan more than an actual Cowboys fan.

And, honestly, I hate the 49ers for existing, because they were trouble for Parcells and the Giants as well...so I can't taunt you too bad. [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img] And you don't have to run-you'll never see me coming.

Karen I'm glad for the Colts too-Denver just doesn't work for me.

Chi159 I'm with you on the Green Bay needing to lose bandwagon. I'm a huge Mike Ditka fan, so I still love the Bears.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Here's a tip-never count on a Seahawk for follow through.

Kim
Old 01-05-2004, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Kimmiee, I'll do everything I can to cheer on my R*ams ... including using a voodoo doll you create against Carolina.

Nik, hun, I hated the 'boys for years too, until this year and Parcells went south. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Jerry [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] I am sorry everyone just about lost that you wanted to win.

You know, I used to hate the cheeseheads too, but for some reason the latter part of this season had me cheering them on. [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img] Perhaps now it is because I think they have a better chance of beating Philly than Seattle. And I want Philly to go down, baaaaaaaaad.
Old 01-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

Everyone hates the cheezeheads...we just hated seattle more! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

cheezeheads are weird people anyway. Really weird people.

Ok, so here's the thoughts for next weekend:

Green Bay, St. Louis, New England, KC.

DIE INDIANAPOLIS!
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

"We want the ball, and we're going to score". Heh. Tempting fate doesn't please the football gods, though. Hasselbeck should know that. It's a shame though that one bad play overshadowed an otherwise great performance by Hasselbeck. Favre's streak in the cold continues, and I don't put it past the Pack to upstage Philly, as I haven't really been sold on the Eagles all year.

No-one can claim Peyton Manning isn't a great QB now. All credit in the world to Steve McNair, but Manning was the MVP this season. What a bonehead move by Denver to not touch Marvin Harrison, though. Almost as bad as drawing a personal foul by shoving an opponent on 4th and 2 with just over two minutes to go. Orlando Brown, I'm looking at you.

Oh, and I have to congratulate Jon Kitna on being named the comeback player of the year. Everyone, including me, thought he was just gonna keep the seat warm for Carson Palmer, but unless Kitna gets traded this off-season (still think my Kitna and Dillon to Dallas for their first rounder (plus maybe a low-rounder) trade is plausible) Palmer would actually have to beat out Kitna for the job in training camp.

[ 01-05-2004: Message edited Avatar ]
Old 01-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar:
<STRONG>cheezeheads are weird people anyway. Really weird people.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Yep, we're all weird because we're from Wisconsin... I heart your judgment.

Bad karma really came to haunt Hasselback yesterday, I knew after that statement was made it would be the end of that Seattle team. They did put out a good effort, I didn't think the game would be that close. I must say that I did feel a little remorse for Holmgren seeing as how he coached our team through all those great seasons. Ah.

The demise of Denver had me cracking up after all the discussion in here last week about Shanahan sitting his starters out [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Who saw that coming? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Lots of Love!
Heathyr

[ 01-05-2004: Message edited under the table and dreaming ]

TEH LJ!

I'm on hold and waiting for the stars to align.

Gen: "You so deserve Lorelai. You would make GG more rockin' than it already is."
.I totally would - Lorelai, pick me!
Old 01-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi159:
<STRONG>WHY?!!!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

The only thing I really looked forward to seeing in this year’s playoffs was watching Green Bay get eliminated, and look at what happens today. Ah, man! As soon as Hasselbeck won the coin toss and said that Seattle was going to score (which cracked me up, btw), I knew it was over. Watching the Cheeseheads run onto the field and celebrate like that just breaks my little Bears fan heart. Ugh! I’ve witnessed that scene far too many times over the years. Hopefully, Philly ends their “dream season” next week. At least Seattle made a real game of it. I wasn’t expecting that. Had their receivers not dropped so many freakin’ passes, it might have been a different outcome.

Way to go, Indy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I’ve always loved their offense, so it was nice to see them come through today. Now the monkey is finally off Peyton Manning’s back. With last year’s shellacking by the Jets and having never won a playoff game, it was sweet redemption for him. Denver clearly didn’t show up to play today. Plummer exhibited the type of decision-making (Mr. INT) that made me not want the Bears to sign him last year. I wonder if people will now question Shanahan’s decision to sit his starters last week. It clearly did no good.</STRONG>
Not suprising that you still won't give Plummer credit.
Mr INT?? Not his fault that he had to rush the offense and try for quick scores, any other qb would've probably thrown INT's trying to get his team back into the game. I'm for one happy that Plummer came to the Broncos, he brougt leadership on and off the field that Griese could've give and he went 9-3 as a starter. Denver will be alright, just a little upgrade at WR and DB and they'll be back in the playoffs.

Indy came to play so I don't think sitting out players had anything to do with them losing like they did. Again i'll say it agin...they sat out players in 98 and they won the Super Bowl so you can say it works or doesn't...just how the team prepares and Denver just wasn't ready so I don't think sitting out players had anything to do with it...Indy probably would've beaten anybody in that dome yesterday like that!
Old 01-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

That's ok....carolina's already talking smack about how they're going to contain the **** WR corps.

And that the ram secondary is so bad and old...

I can't wait for saturday....
then I can't wait for sunday, to watch philly loose!
Old 01-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] I hate when teams start talking all smack about the opponents when they don't have anything to stand on.

And yeah, I think the cheeseheads will knock Philly out. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Jerry, we tried getting tickets today for Saturday's game, but they were all sold out the second we went online. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

Nik, where did you go hide? And kimmie, we need backup!