Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

I wouldn't even be able to force myself to wear a Tejada jersey if I was an Oriole fan.

Glad you had fun.

Good game for Alex and Robbie tonight (well, last night, I guess). Nice to see Jeter keep his streak alive as well -- Ortiz running his me-whore mouth yesterday might just help him beat out Dye for the MVP too, in a deliciously ironic way.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Absolute Fan

You know, I'm not sure if I can even answer my own question, but it dawned on me tonight that I needed to try to figure out the eternal mystery of Yankee fandom. Who is more annoying? Chone Figgins or Miguel Tejada.

This is why I'm glad Jeter is Jeter, and not somebody else.. I desperately want him to win it, in part because I know he'd trade it in a heartbeat if it meant bringing the team that much further into October. Ortiz isn't the best hitter on his team, isn't the best at his position in the league, and doesn't play the field. The team started falling apart BEFORE he was out for palipitations, and during the most important series of the year for his team? He was busy making enough outs that it allowed us to walk Manny intentionally to prevent MANNY from hurting us.

Nice to have a win today, clinch the season series vs. Baltimore, and move 30 games over .500 all at once. Oh man, it would be sweet if we could somehow will Baltimore to beat Boston for the next three games so that we could maybe clinch the division some time next weekend. I know, I know, wishful thinking. But it would be amazing to have the clincher game maybe be next Sunday night on ESPN. But that would be asking WAY too much, right?
Old 09-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

According to ESPN (I don't have YES) Matsui will bat 8th tonight!!!! Of course, he'll be the DH! Here's to a smooth, healthy game for Hideki! :
Old 09-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Jeter
I don't have to do it in his lineup. I'm not thinking about winning the MVP. I'm just thinking about winning the division. No one's focus here is on individual awards. We've got something to play for.
No one does the subtle, but pointed bitch slap better than our Captain.

Edit: Abreu's a machine tonight!

Last edited by -Bianca-; 09-12-2006 at 04:55 PM
Old 09-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Bianca- (View Post)

No one does the subtle, but pointed bitch slap better than our Captain.

Edit: Abreu's a machine tonight!

Ortiz got owned, bitch slapped indeed!!! Ah, I love the captain! I would send him a fruit basket for every word that makes up that whole statement!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Absolute Fan

Man, Matsui is BACK.

I love this game already (I hope it lasts).
Old 09-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

12 runs in a game Mike Mussina started. Shocking.

Dotel lives! And his command sucks again after improving for awhile. I'm sure tonight will just push him further out of the circle of trust though instead of it finally waking Joe up to the fact that he has to pitch more.

That was a great move by Torre pulling Jeter, however. Someone's been reading his Official Major League Baseball Rule Book and Manual lately.

Last edited by -Bianca-; 09-12-2006 at 07:14 PM
Old 09-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Absolute Fan

It's going to be the only run support he gets the rest of the year, of course. But still: 6.1IP, 5H, 0R, 0BB, 5K.

Yeah, I was a big fan of Torre's move pulling Jeter. If his streak had ended on an 0-1 with them basically pitching around him? Not exactly cool. Jeter was the only starter without a hit, but then he was on base all 4 PA.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Hee, I was just as shocked at the run support, its so odd this season....but bite your tongue Imaginary.

I loved everything about today's game- I'm especially loving all the cuts to the bull pen with the Yankees looking so relaxed, and more importantly winning.

Matsui was out of this world, even if it was against the Drays.

Oh, and at DJ's comments. Perfectly said.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

Matsui's back? My baby's hit streak? Im missing it all This is seriously sad. At least the RedSox are out of it so I can watch the games this weekend surrounded by Boston fans and boast boast boast.

Oh and question...what's this thing about Joe "pulling" Jeter...is his hit streak still alive? Or did it stop at 21? I miss watching games

Quote:
a day after Red Sox slugger David Ortiz indicated that he would be a better choice than Jeter, even though Boston will probably not advance into the postseason.

"If I get 50 home runs and 10 more RBIs [for a total of 137], that's going to be a round number that no one else in the American League will have," (me: let's see you get it it first) Ortiz told reporters after Sunday's win over the Royals. (me: note ROYALS) "They're talking about Jeter a lot, right? He's done a great job, he's having a great season, [b]but Jeter is not a 40-homer hitter or an RBI guy." that's why your team is in the playoffs...oh wait.

"Don't get me wrong -- he's a great player, having a great season, but he's got a lot of guys in that lineup," Ortiz said. "Top to bottom, you've got a guy who can hurt you. Come hit in this lineup, see how good you can be."
Oh heeeeelllllll NAH!!!! I am SO done with him. I thought he was one of the few in the BoSux that had class left, for him to actually publicly say that proves me completely wrong. What an A-HOLE. How bout YOU come play for the Yankees and see how good YOU can be. Your team SUCKS idiot. And you're not helping.
Quote:
Jeter, who extended his career high hitting streak to 21 games in the first inning Monday, responded to Ortiz's comments prior to the game.

"I don't have to do it in his lineup," Jeter said. "I'm not thinking about winning the MVP. I'm just thinking about winning the division. No one's focus here is on individual awards. We've got something to play for."
ohhhh how I love my husband. No one gives it back like he does. Class Class Class. Wahoo!

Honestly, though I was at the gym and watching ESPN on those little TVs and one writer was talking about how his pick is Santana because he has literally carried the team (and ok, he kind of has) BUT.....that would seriously suck if Santana gets it over Jeter. Because Santana already got the Cy Young instead of Mo (which ok, I get why) but now if he gets the MVP over Jeet two Im gonna be pissed as hell....I mean I get it, but NO man. My baby deserves it. Plus Santan's team isn't guaranteed in yet, we are. So, no.

JETER for MVP!!!!

And dont even get me started. If Ortiz wins that crap I'd litetrally die. Nuh-uh. My guess is that he burried himself further with those comments so Im not really worried about him though. I still say Jeet > Santana. But of course I am a little biased

Old 09-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Big Poopy should expect an ear full when the Sox come to the Stadium.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

oh yes I forgot the games this weekend are at Yankee Stadium. Oh it's gonna be great, these I'll get to see

Old 09-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Our pen was awesome tonight.

Since Villone is DOA and Dotel is almost always MIA, it's now BruProcFarMo for October. As long as Scott doesn't die first (Joe? STOP PITCHING HIM THREE OUT OF EVERY FOUR GAMES!!!), with Myers doing his LOOGY thing, we have the potential to be golden for the last three innings of every game.

Jeter's streak is up to 22 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJamesIsMine
Ortiz told reporters after Sunday's win over the Royals. (me: note ROYALS)
Hey, don't be hating. It's like, really, really hard for the Red Sox to beat the Royals.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

you're right you're right! Congrats Red Sox! Way to Go!!

PS: totally voted SP. Oh hells to the yeah.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Pitching matchups vs. Boston this weekend.

Josh Beckett vs. Jeff Karstens
Julian Tavarez vs. Jaret Wright
Kyle Snyder vs. Randy Johnson
Kason Gabbard vs. Mike Mussina

I'm totally rooting for Adam Loewen to beat the Sox tomorrow while Wang gets #18, bringing the Magic Number down to 5. That would give us a shot to clinch the division at home sometime this weekend (Sunday night on ESPN, anyone?).

It looks like Sal Fasano is becoming Wright's personal catcher. I sort of like the idea of Fasano catching Lidle/Wright and Posada catching Moose/Wang/RJ/whoever else. At least until we've clinched. I like the way they re-did the pitching schedule for the weekend to allow Posada to catch Karstens, Johnson, and Mussina. I'm pretty worried about Jeff "Scary Flyball" Karstens vs. the Red Sox (thank god he's going up against BlastOff Beckett), so Posada catching him is probably better. This could be a very bad game for his confidence, or it could go extremely well. It's going to be an INTERESTING weekend (and I am looking forward to Ortiz's reception )

Last edited by imaginary light; 09-14-2006 at 12:49 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread