Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 07:29 AM
T
Master Fan

Football (Soccer) Thread #103 - Because Santa is a football fan

Sorry, couldn't resist the title [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

*skisp off to watch Real beat Barca* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 01-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey!!!!

New thread!!! And I just love this tittle!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanx fos starting it T!!

Andrea!!!! Has vuelto, has vuelto!!!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
Q alegria tenerte x aki otra vez!!! Siiii ganamos y el Barça perdió jajaja! Q se jodan!!! Uy he dicho un taco! Y esta noche vienen los reyes... lo retiro, lo retiro [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Tia q guay q ya estas aqui!! Ahora entro y te escribo 1PM y te cuento..
Muchos [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

T,I'm writting in spanish again cos Andrea is back, just as I promised you [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] so now you cant get mad at me cos Ive done what I told you [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Es q le prometí no hablar en español hasta q tu volvieras pq entraba de vez en cuando y te dejaba mensajillos jajaja Y me dijo si lo pones en español me siento aislada, y le dije: valeeee, prometo no hacerlo pero solo hasta q Andrea vuelva jajaj y ya estas aki asi q ya puedo!!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Thanks for the new thread T

dexa - I'm gonna try to translate your post. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 01-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

Heya guys [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] T, G, Dan, nikz, Andrea, dexa and everyone else!

T, thanks for starting the new thread. Cute title! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Oh and I'm glad you liked the calendar. I only actually noticed Makelele not until after I had bought it *wallbang* So yeah, pasting something over it sounds like a good idea!*lol*

Btw, Juve won Perugia 1-0 today through Nedved [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

And Roma will meet Milan tonight. This will be a good fight. Let's hope for a draw [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

<--I have to go now. Later... [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 02:49 AM
Master Fan

I must be the only one who likes CLaude here. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Juve. Nedved. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

My Gunners are playing Everton tomorrow...up the Arse! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~ Chosen
Old 01-07-2004, 06:11 AM
T
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] all

Glad to see the title will do [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by dexa:
<STRONG>T,I'm writting in spanish again cos Andrea is back, just as I promised you [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] so now you cant get mad at me cos Ive done what I told you [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Oh I can get mad as I have deel with logic [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]. I leave it alone if it leaves me alone [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. We both do and both are quite happy with the arrangement [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. Seriously though, speak in Spanish if it's really important you hun [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. It's just that if everyone starts talking in different languages we'll all end up just talking to those few persons who use the same language, you know [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

S - I have some pics in mind already [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nikz - weeell, it's pretty much a case of "you treat my team like I dirt, I treat you like dirt" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Well, not really since I have a hard time holding on to grudges so, I guess it's more off a "be enough of a massive idiot and even I'll have enough of it at some point" kinda thing *G*. And he certainly was [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 01-07-2004, 11:04 AM
T
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Still feeling rather *****ed because of the flue, so just a quick stop to say :

Hala Madrid!! [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] as the boys face Eibar tonight [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Mostly youngsters in this team as Marca's line-up lists:

Real Madrid: Iker Casillas; Olalla, Pavón, Rubén, Raúl Bravo; Núñez, Cambiasso, Borja, Solari; Guti; y Portillo.

Best of luck to them, Liverpool (for vs Chelsea) and Birmingham (for vs Tottenham) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

LIVERPOOL WON! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

Honestly, I didn't think they had it in them. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And Chelsea are now 4 points behind us, and 7 behind the Mancs. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Disappointed Arsenal could only manage ANOTHER draw against Everton..we really should have won. Ah, I hate it when the boys take their feet off the pedal and think with a goal up, they're safe as houses. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Still, not the end of the world...though we certainly can't give the Mancs too much of a lead. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~ Chosen
Old 01-08-2004, 01:06 PM
T
Master Fan

Meh, Real drew 1-1, but at least it was only the first tie.. And Guti got to score [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, it's great that Pool won [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img]. Would've liked to see that, but there wasn't much of a chance of me going to a pub to see it concidering I'm both sick and broke [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].
Old 01-10-2004, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

Heh..I'm broke too T. I blew almost all my money on clothes. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Well, it's all worth it for a fabulous wardrobe. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The Liverpool goal was pretty good...Heskey was actually useful. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

~ Chosen
Old 01-10-2004, 05:15 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] There is a new thread!!! It´s great! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

T, thanks for openned it [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img] I like the title too [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It´s so funny! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Girls, some of you are from London, do you khow if there is any bar or whetever where you can see Real Madrid matches??? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] It´s because I´m going there on Fabruary to study English and will be sooo sad can´t see them palying [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I´m sure will be any place, but who khows where... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Tonight we are going to play against Real Sociedad, will be a difficult match, but...

[img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] HALA MADRID [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img]

Raquel, Pero bueno, no hay manera de que coincidamos eh? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Cuando yo me paso por aki, tu no estás y al revés [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] Espero que coincidamos pronto [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Tia, estoy super enfadada con Queiroz, en serio, no lo aguanto, q lo echeeeen!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Tu te cress q es normal que no lleve a Rubén & Nuñez? Pero kien narices se ha creido q es [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Sinceramente, yo creo que a Rubén le tiene q tener manía, pq sino, no se explica... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Y Beckham lesionado [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Pobrete, con la herida esa d las narices... Y Casillas tiaaa, menudas paradas el otro día contra el Eibar, ese tio es un crack! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] (se me cae la babilla) En serio, a ver si se le considera el mejor portero del mundo de una vez, pq se lo merece [img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img]

Bueno y tu que tal? Como ha sentado la vuelta a la uni? A mi al trabajo, FATAL. Estoy muy triste [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] Suerte q ya es sábado, pero pasa tan tan tan deprisa... En fin, q le vamos a hacer. Besitos guapetona [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Real Madrid arriving San Sebastián [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

The palne has to land in France (50 kms from San Sebastian) and they had to go since there by bus. Like you khow Beckham didn´t go.

Queiroz decided Rubén and Núñez had to stay in Madrid [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] and Juanfran and Mejia are there. Good luck boys!

Old 01-10-2004, 07:03 AM
T
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nikz:
<STRONG>Heh..I'm broke too T. I blew almost all my money on clothes. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Well, it's all worth it for a fabulous wardrobe. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The Liverpool goal was pretty good...Heskey was actually useful. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Poor us then - literally [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. New clothes? Useful those, I probably ought to do some clothes shopping too, but I tend to hate it - a lot [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. Honestly said, it's just that I can't usually stand the kind of clothes H&M and such try to sell and everything else tends to be pricier if you don't want to shop at the local equivalent of Walmart or something.. And even though I don't give a ***** about fashion, even I have some standards [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

Darn, haven't seen the goal. I'll have to try to catch Eurogoals on monday then. They seem to every once in a while show English goals too nowadays. Had to fill in the gap left by la liga with something I guess [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]. So no, I'm not exactly happy with the deveopment even though I don't mind seeing Pool's goals [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

A - no problem [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Thank you for the pics this time [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Hmm, sad to hear the two had to stay, but then, I'm happy to hear Juanfran and Mejia are getting a chance [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Granted most likely they won't get on and if they do, it'll be for a few minutes, but still.

I'm gonna miss this (well, the online comms and such) though [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. A friend of mine is having a small housewarming party and I won't be back until pretty late. Or could be that I sleep over there since I'm not quite sure how late the busses go there...

[ 01-10-2004: Message edited T ]
Old 01-10-2004, 08:28 AM
T
Master Fan

Leaving in a bit, so just a quick visit to say_

Hala Madrid!! [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Hope you have fun, T. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm happy today, as Crewe beat bottom club Wimbledon by 1-0 at Gresty Road, Steve Jones the goal-scorer on a goal which may have been offside. Still, I'm not complaining. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

BBC recap of the game:

Quote:
Crewe 1-0 Wimbledon

Steve Jones scored his 14th goal of the season to earn Crewe a first ever win over Wimbledon.
It looked for long periods of the game like the visitors were going to pull off a much-needed win.

They created a succession of chances but were denied by poor finishing and Crewe keeper Clayton Ince.

Jones headed the ball past Banks to net his eighth goal in 10 games to keep Wimbledon rooted to the foot of the Division One table.

Wimbledon went into the game unbeaten in their last three matches.

They started well with Wade Small's early effort blocked, while Ben Rix drew a save from Dons goalkeeper Steve Banks at the other end.

The visitors appeared to be adopting a policy of firing from long range and Adam Nowland, Joel McAnuff and Nigel Reo-Coker all tried their luck.

But only McAnuff got his on target but Clayton Ince was equal to it.

Stuart Murdoch's side were doing all the attacking with Ince having to keep out further strikes from McAnuff and Small until Jones shot wide from a rare Crewe foray forward.

No mistake

Each side continued to press without breaking the deadlock, although Jones and McAnuff called the opposing goalkeeper into action again.

Just before the break Rix went closest to opening the scoring when his shot from outside the penalty area hit the woodwork.

Crewe ended the first half on a more positive note with Banks having to be alert to keep out a close-range Jones header.

Crewe began to get on top and Stephen Foster headed Kenny Lunt's free-kick over the crossbar before Jones nodded the ball wide from a Rix cross.

However, the Northern Ireland striker made no mistake in the 62nd minute, just after Wimbledon had sent on veteran Dean Holdsworth for ineffective Wayne Gray.

It came from another ball in from Rix and this time Jones headed the ball past Banks to continue his scoring run.

Wimbledon's response to the goal was disappointing, with a McAnuff shot there only real effort as Crewe maintained their play-off push.

Crewe: Ince, Billy Jones, Foster, Wright, Tonkin, Lunt, Cochrane, Higdon, Rix, Ashton, Steve Jones.
Subs: Bankole, Robinson, Sorvel, Edwards, Roberts.

Wimbledon: Banks, Darlington, Gier, Leigertwood, Lewington, McAnuff, Reo-Coker, Nowland, Small, Gray, Mackie.
Subs: Holdsworth, Chorley, Tapp, Gordon, Worgan.

Referee: B Curson (Leicestershire).
Up to ninth in the table - only four points away from a playoff-spot. To the Premiership! Could it be?

Full table:

Code:
Football League Division 1 - Updated 10/01/2004 

Pos Name P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS 
1 Norwich City 27 11 1 2 25 11 4 6 3 16 11 +19 52 
2 West Bromwich Albion 27 7 5 2 19 10 7 3 3 19 12 +16 50 
3 Sunderland 27 8 5 1 18 7 5 3 5 17 15 +13 47 
4 Sheffield United 25 8 3 2 24 10 5 3 4 15 17 +12 45 
5 Preston North End 27 8 3 2 26 13 4 4 6 15 18 +10 43 
6 Ipswich Town 27 7 2 4 27 18 5 5 4 20 21 +8 43 
7 Wigan Athletic 27 7 5 2 18 10 4 5 4 17 18 +7 43 
8 West Ham United 27 5 5 4 22 16 5 6 2 14 9 +11 41 
9 Crewe Alexandra 27 9 2 3 23 13 2 4 7 10 19 +1 39 
10 Reading 27 7 3 4 18 17 4 3 6 13 17 -3 39 
11 Cardiff City 27 6 4 4 27 16 4 4 5 18 21 +8 38 
12 Millwall 27 6 5 2 14 7 3 5 6 15 19 +3 37 
13 Stoke City 27 6 5 3 21 15 4 1 8 14 20 0 36 
14 Walsall 27 6 5 2 20 12 3 3 8 8 17 -1 35 
15 Coventry City 27 4 7 3 15 14 3 5 5 15 18 -2 33 
16 Gillingham 25 6 1 6 16 17 3 5 4 15 20 -6 33 
17 Rotherham United 27 5 4 4 12 12 3 5 6 14 23 -9 33 
18 Crystal Palace 27 3 6 5 15 18 5 2 6 17 22 -8 32 
19 Watford 27 4 6 3 15 14 3 3 8 13 20 -6 30 
20 Burnley 27 5 3 5 20 17 2 5 7 17 30 -10 29 
21 Nottingham Forest 26 4 4 4 19 14 3 3 8 15 22 -2 28 
22 Derby County 26 3 3 6 16 23 2 6 6 10 20 -17 24 
23 Bradford City 27 3 2 8 12 21 3 3 8 9 18 -18 23 
24 Wimbledon 27 2 3 8 14 24 3 0 11 13 29 -26 18
[ 01-10-2004: Message edited Avatar ]

[ 01-10-2004: Message edited Avatar ]
Old 01-10-2004, 06:52 PM
T
Master Fan

Thanks Dan [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Good to hear Crewe won [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

Meh, Real's match couldn't have gone all that well - they lost [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. So yeah, all blames on me boys and girls [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. And the mobile tone's been changed back *G*. I bloody well knew this'd happen..
Closed Thread   Post New Thread