Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Favorite Sports Commentators, Hosts, or Informants

Istarted this cuz I was just watching ESPNNEWS and Steven A. Smith was talking,... I love that dude. He's all like "I know alot of black athletes agree with me, they're not going to admit it though, i know this for a fact, i talk to the people, that's just the way it is" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I love Lazyeyed Stuart Scott, he's my favorite at the moment, though i miss the days of Dan PAtrick and Keith Oberman, they were a trip together.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Right now my favorite sports commentators, hosts, and/or informants would have to be Ernie Johnson, Kenny Smith, and Charles Barkley on Inside the NBA. They`re always a lot of fun to watch and listen to, especially Charles. I like them so much that i look more forward to watching them than the games most of the time.

Here`s some of my other favorites:

Steven A. Smith
The Playmaker Michael Irvin(gotta show some love for one of the all time greats for the Cowboys)
Lisa Dergan [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Leeann Tweeden [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
James Brown
Terry Bradshaw
Howie Long
Jimmy Johnson
Deion Sanders
Chris Mortensen
Old 02-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
originally posted by Hot Rod:

Right now my favorite sports commentators, hosts, and/or informants would have to be Ernie Johnson, Kenny Smith, and Charles Barkley on Inside the NBA. They`re always a lot of fun to watch and listen to, especially Charles. I like them so much that i look more forward to watching them than the games most of the time.

Same here...they all have good chemistry! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

I love mike and deion, they personify what is is to play in the state of florida in the way they are on the tv screen for their shows.

Right now, i love Mike Wilbon, they were talking about Notre Dame, how Notre Dames priorites are religion and football, and then Wilbon said "Notre Dame is not the university of football, if there is a University of Football, it's the University of Football" then he went on to say how they don't need to stand by this new recruit because they are so deep at every position, that the 3rd guy in line "at whatever positino this kid play, can and will beat him out" heh
Old 02-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

If we include sports columnists, I like both Peter King of SI and TMQ Gregg Easterbrook (even if he's an idiot, he's still a great writer). As far as commentators go ... Dave Lapham and Brad Johansen of the Bengals' radio network are great, so is Crewe announcer Graham McGarry.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:54 AM
MST Manager

I love Chris Berman and Tom Jackson from NFL Primetime. I watch that faithfully every Sunday night. I also usually watch ESPN on Sunday mornings, too, with them, Michael Irvin and Steve Young.

I also love Stuart Scott. He's funny as hell. Inside The NBA is cool, too.

But, I miss the days of John Madden and Pat Summerall. Now, that was one of the best commentator teams around.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

I’m a big fan of Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, and Kenny Smith on Inside the NBA. They have good chemistry and bring a great sense of humor to their analysis. It makes for an entertaining broadcast. I also enjoy the duo of Al Michaels and John Madden on Monday Night Football. While Madden is known to overuse the hackneyed cliché, they clearly know their stuff and bring respectability to ABC’s broadcast. That said, my favorite duo was Bob Costas and Marv Albert broadcasting NBA games on NBC back in the day. Those two had great chemistry and knowledge of the game. It translated well onscreen. I miss the days of Costas’s obvious bias against the Chicago Bulls and Albert’s trademark ”YEEEESSSSSS!!!!

Least Favorites:

Joe Morgan
Chris Berman
Phil Simms
Ahmad Rashad
Dick Vitale
Billy Packer
ABC’s NBA telecast last year