Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Dr. J tape?

January 26, 2004 -- PARIS Hilton and Julius Erving have something in common. Yup — they've both had sex in front of a video camera.

The Dr. J video was delivered to PAGE SIX last week as the hoops hall-of-famer, 53, was headed into court again in his divorce from his wife of 31 years, Turquoise.

The tape was apparently shot several years ago. It shows Erving — who went to the NBA finals four times and led the Philadelphia 76ers to a title — in a hotel room wearing a sleeveless undershirt, boxers and metal-framed glasses. The Afro of his early years is gone, and the gray of his later years has yet to arrive.

His co-star is a voluptuous, dark-haired young woman with cinnamon skin wearing a negligee. A radio in the background is playing "Sea of Love" by the Honeydrippers as Erving adjusts the camera. The couple sips white wine and chats inaudibly before the kissing begins and they get naked.

The two unhurriedly run through several positions, including a Kama Sutra-like contortion. At one point on the radio, an early morning weather report of fog is announced for San Jose, Santa Cruz and Monterey.

Erving has had two childen out-of-wedlock since marrying Turquoise — tennis player Alexandra Stevenson, 22, and a 6-year-old identified in divorce papers last year.

The Seminole County, Fla., court ordered Erving, who listed his net worth at $9 million, to pay Turquoise $1,500 a week, plus household expenses and $8,000 a month for credit card bills.

"He made agreements to do things. He did not do those things. We're about to have a hearing for enforcement and sanctions," Turquoise's lawyer, Andrea Black, said.

As for the video, Black said, "I'm sad it's reached this point. We've been trying to resolve this amicably. Making something like that public would help no one."

Both husband and wife live in Orlando, Fla., where state law allows spouses to divorce without assigning blame for such things as adultery, abandonment or intolerable cruelty.

Erving's lawyer, Andrea Cain, denied any knowledge of such a tape, but said if such a tape existed, it wouldn't be introduced as evidence: "I can't see any relevance. Florida is a no-fault state."

Its from the NY Post so I don't know how reliable this is. Anyone else heard about this?
Katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

Woah. All the greats have prollems, Jordan, Wilt, Magic and now DR J. -shakes head-

Actually, that's kinda cool [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I wanna get famous and make sex tapes to.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:29 AM
Passionate Fan

Its always the greats that get themselves into these messes not surprising since they're targets to begin with.

However the reason why there are tapes made is so they don't get themselves into Kobe situations. If its on tape they can't cry rape. Michael Irvin was able to clear his name because the act was on tape and he proved that those women were in it for $$$.

I don't recall what Wilt got into trouble for what was it?

[ 01-27-2004: Message edited Katiebear ]
Old 01-27-2004, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Wilt was just a king pimp.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>Wilt was just a king pimp.</STRONG>
I fail to see how that's a problem at least he was never married.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

Morally.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Morally.</STRONG>

I guess I see your point on that one but then nobody in the NBA is moral are they?
Old 01-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

The higher on the foodchain, the more untouchable they think they are.

Hi, Kobe [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 09:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>The higher on the foodchain, the more untouchable they think they are.

Hi, Kobe [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That's not surprising is it? I mean if you had all the money, fame, looks plus any choice of woman you would want wouldn't you think that too? Its not an excuse but I understand.

I mean Kobe is a recent example but he's following a long list of others like Magic, Dr. J, Wilt, Larry Bird, and of course Michael Jordan [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

I imagine life would seem too easy.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>I imagine life would seem too easy.</STRONG>
Yeah it probably would and then something you least expect happens and it changes our life forever.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

All these guys cheat on their wife. I will never understand why they get married in the first place. I think it's because they think they're supposed to.
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Milt Palacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Milt Palacio:
<STRONG>All these guys cheat on their wife. I will never understand why they get married in the first place. I think it's because they think they're supposed to.</STRONG>

I know what you mean I've always believed that pro athletes should NEVER get married. However maybe they believed that they found "the one" and then you live this lifestyle with all these women wanting to sleep with you its tempting and its not surprising that one would give in. Is it right? No but you can't say its a surprise either.

This is why Wilt Chamberlain was very smart to never get married and sleep with all the women he ever wanted.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:24 PM
MST Manager

I don't think I agree with the blanketed statement that any pro athletes should never get married. Because, no matter what occupation you have, whether you clean toilets or are the president of Dell, you have the capability and choice to NOT cheat. You don't have free reign or a justifiable excuse to commit infidelity, just because of your occupation or the lifestyle you lead. That's just... bull. Sure, you may be put in circumstances where you are tempted, perhaps, more than others, but hell, can't we all? Even if you don't get a few million dollars a day. Again, you have a choice. However, I believe that pro athletes, or for that matter, ANYBODY, shouldn't get married if they don't want to be committed to what being married really means. Or, I don't know, if they go into the marriage, with a plan to cheat. Then, you know, it just might not be for them.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure if I came out of college and got a fatty deal, or musician, whatever, in the beginning, provided i didn't have someone i cared for deeply, i'd be a total ****. I'd nail every hot girl i could. If i got sick of it, i'd want to find "the one" but you can never tell why the girl is with you once you hit that star level. Personally, i'd love to have that high school sweetheart, that was with my through thick and thin, BEFORE I was the man, i'd know she is worth everything. Otherwise, they are worth what they show, and that is just a night.