Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Extreme Fan

And Florida is getting smacked by Iowa! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

The Big Ten isn't doing so well in the bowl games right now. 8 teams from the Big Ten are playing. 5 have lost and 2 have won so far.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Michigan got completely owned today...ah, I love it. What, they had gotten sacked 15 times all year and USC got 'em 9 in one game? USC had better be the national champions.

Yay Pac 10!
Old 01-02-2004, 12:28 AM
Elite Fan

Well, in the AP they were #1 and they dominated a pathetic Big Ten team and should be #1 there no matter what happens in the Lsu/Ok game.

On the other hand

The Coachs poll bestows the #1 Title on the winner of the Championship Game, so it will either be the Tigers or Sooners. So, basically what i'm saying is it'll be a split National Champion. One of the things the BCS is set up to prevent.

ahem.

FSU should just stop attempting field goals against us. It just doesn't work. Our stellar D gave up like 40 yards in the second half, there was some beef beging thrown around everytime i was able to catch a play. Now, i'm about to eat some pizza i just ordered and watch it, as i taped it. Yes it is 12:30 am [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>FSU should just stop attempting field goals against us. It just doesn't work. Our stellar D gave up like 40 yards in the second half, there was some beef beging thrown around everytime i was able to catch a play. Now, i'm about to eat some pizza i just ordered and watch it, as i taped it. Yes it is 12:30 am [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Those were some sad punts by the freshie. 8 yards and 20-some yards.

Ha. Rix got picked off by Taylor and got a future blackeye from Vilma. All in one play.

I feel bad for Bowden though. Bobby, not the son. The son just stinks.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by BabyJ:
<STRONG>

Ha. Rix got picked off by Taylor and got a future blackeye from Vilma. All in one play.

</STRONG>

Had one put on us to, big dude hit Berlin got him all woozy at the other end, K2 goit popped [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Is Leon Washington ok? Big Vince done crushed his ass.

Our freshman kicker is bank.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Total Fan

Iowa won.. Georgia won.. Miami won.. yesterday was a good one for me! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

I'm now watching the Ole Miss game.. both teams look REALLY good today.. it's going to be an awesome game. GO OLE MISS!
i heart giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 02:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

I was at the Capital One Bowl in Orlando yesterday. I'm sad that Purdue lost. Amazing comeback, but we just fell short. If we hadn't gotten off to such a crummy start, things could have been different. I wish we hadn't been short a couple of guys on defense. Speaking of, I'm going to really miss Stu and Niko on defense next year. I'm sad to see John Standeford on offense go, too.

I still say that pass interference call in overtime was crap. There's no way it was even catchable. Whatever, the refs seemed to be on Georgia's side all day. If only we could have stopped them on fourth down in overtime. Then we would have just needed a field goal for the win.

Oh well, it was still a fun day. Great weather. I even got a little sun. I'll upload my pictures later and maybe post a few. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-02-2004: Message edited Jenn23 ]
Old 01-02-2004, 03:41 PM
MST Manager

Look who's here! That'll be nice to see the pics, Jenn. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Total Fan

[img]smilies/furious.gif[/img]

Tenn lost and it was a pathetic loss.

We did stupid crap like personal fouls, unsportsman like conduct, ect..

Casey was comepletely flawless the first half.. what happened the second half?? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Not to meantion, there was some awful calls.. on both sides.

I'll be over it.. soon.. hopefully. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 05:59 AM
Master Fan

Florida St. loses another game to Miami on a missed FG. Damn! Talk about bad luck. It never seems to fail. The Seminoles are cursed with bad luck in their kicking game. Even though I’m not a Canes fan, it was nice to see Jarrett Payton end his college career with the MVP award. After all he has endured over the past five years, that’s awfully SWEET!!! I would love to see him get drafted. With his performance in various games this year, I think that will happen. It would be great to the Bears take a chance on him.

The Big Ten has disappointed me for the most part in these bowl games. With the exception of Iowa and Ohio St., they haven’t lived up to the billing. I was surprised to see the Buckeyes give Kansas St. a whipping in the Fiesta Bowl. The final score wasn’t an accurate measure of how the game went. Ell Roberson looked off all night long. They just couldn’t get much going on offense. I’m sure a lot of that was due to his legal problems, but Ohio State’s defense was just that dominant.

What is the big deal with Eli Manning? I just don’t get it. He’s a talented QB. I’ll give him that. But I have yet to see him give a performance fitting of being named the best of his family. Perhaps he will surprise me in the NFL, but I’m not awed by his talent yet. The guy who really stood out in the Ole Miss-Oklahoma St. game was Rashaun Woods. He’s freakin’ awesome! Caught everything in sight. It’s a shame that he wasn’t named to the All-American team. He’s just as talented as Fitzgerald, Williams, etc. I wouldn’t mind seeing him play for the Bears next year. He’s a great talent.

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>Well, in the AP they were #1 and they dominated a pathetic Big Ten team and should be #1 there no matter what happens in the Lsu/Ok game.
</STRONG>
Agreed. After yesterday’s dominating performance against a formidable Michigan squad, it will be a travesty if USC doesn’t end up earning a share of the national championship. I thought they got totally hosed by the BCS rankings, and it would be a damn shame if the AP were to change their minds. It’s doubtful that would happen, but you never know. I just find this all amusing, really. The BCS system was designed to prevent this scenario from happening. Bwah! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Jenn- You were chillin’ at the Capital One Bowl in Orlando? I’m jealous! You got to see a great game. I was surprised to see that Purdue came back to take it into OT. What a finish! I’m sorry that things didn’t go in your favor. It was a great effort, though.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi159:
<STRONG>What is the big deal with Eli Manning? I just don’t get it. He’s a talented QB. I’ll give him that. But I have yet to see him give a performance fitting of being named the best of his family. </STRONG>
Do I hear an echo? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Thank you, Kathie. I've been saying the same thing for two years. I'm glad someone else sees it, or rather, doesn't see it I guess.

Well, Tennessee said all along they didn't belong in the Peach Bowl. Looks like they were right.

The missed FGs in the FSU/Miami games are boring. Can't FSU manage lose on something more exciting?

Drunk Girl
47th & 9th
AuburnGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AuburnGrad:
<STRONG>Well, Tennessee said all along they didn't belong in the Peach Bowl. Looks like they were right.</STRONG>
Yes, you can say that again. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Perhaps we can rename the bowl, Tennessee's(instead of Chick-Fil-A) Bad Luck Bowl.

We've lost the past two years. This is a place Tenn does not belong. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ 01-03-2004: Message edited i heart giles ]
Old 01-03-2004, 10:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AuburnGrad:
<STRONG>

The missed FGs in the FSU/Miami games are boring. Can't FSU manage lose on something more exciting?</STRONG>
Not boring at all!