Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was another frustrating loss tonight. Smoltzie got himself in plenty of jams and for the most part got out of them to keep the Braves in the game. Unfortunately once again they couldn`t get the big hits when they needed them. Hopefully they`ll get the offense going tomorrow. After all Tommy G is on the hill and the fellas has feasted on him at the Ted.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Total Fan

Smoltz struck out 10 tonight! ::sighs:: It has been disappointing watching the last couple of games. I hope the offense can start getting more productive because at the moment, the Mets are like running away with the East. It still is early, but it'd be nice if the gap was smaller. What makes these losses even more frustrating is they are losing by only 1-2 runs. I'm hoping they'll do well with Glavine like you said because they have had success with him
and we are never the same."
heavenlycirce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well the drought continued last night. John Thomson pitched a damn good game that on any other night he would`ve won. Unfortunately Tommy G pitched very good too, the Mets got the big hit, and once again the Braves couldn`t get the big hit when they needed. Hopefully today the fellas can salvage a win today. They can`t get sweep at the Ted by the Mets. It can`t happen.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Finally a win! The Braves` bats came back to life today in their 8-6 win over the Mets. Jeff lead the way by going 4-5 with a career high 5 RBIs, including a two run homer. Plus he had a nice diving catch to end the game. It was a very welcome sight seeing the Phenom hitting well for a change. Hopefully this will get his confidence at the plate up. Kyle Davies struggled at times, but did enough to get the win. I`m pleased that the fellas salvaged a win against the Mets. Next up is a brief two game series against the Rockies to end the homestand.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Last night`s game was without question the most frustrating 4 hours of baseball i`ve seen in year. The Braves should`ve won the game. They had a good lead going twice, but once again the bullpen was a disaster, especially Chris "Oh no" Reitsma, who gave up that homer to a slumping Cliff Floyd. When that ball left the field, i wanted to reach in my TV and smack Chris up side his head. What made the loss more galling besides the fact that it was to the Mess is that Brian Jordan and Marcus Giles had good games at the plate, which is sorely needed. I`m really frustrated with this latest losing streak, because all the games has been close and the Braves should`ve won at least a couple of them. Right now they need to find a way to end this drought.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

What a wild game last night. It looked pretty bad for the Braves for much of the game after they fell behind 5-0, but then the started to chip away at the lead with a couple of runs and then exploded for 6 runs in the 6th inning, including a 3 run homer by Brian McCann, who`s now leading the NL in batting. Even after the Marlins tied the game up, the Braves went back to work and got 3 more runs on the board and then Chris Reitsma for a change did some good work to get the save. I`m very proud of the fellas for the way they came back. A lot of teams would`ve hang their heads and went through motions falling behind like that, but the Braves really showed their character with that comeback.

Now i can`t forget to mention Adam LaRoche`s blunder on Sunday. When i first saw it live, i couldn`t believe that he was strolling along slowly doing the play. If you watched the boardcast on TBS, you could hear Pat Corrales from the dugout say "Tag him." It was inexcusable Rochey did that. I hear a lot of people using the fact that he has ADD as an excuse. Hey i have ADD to, but if i was in that situation, i would`ve hustled more to tag the runner or the base. If it was a popup, i might lose a little focus, but on a little grounder, that runner would`ve been out in a heartbeat. I`m glad that he owned up to his mistakes after Sunday`s game and he redeemed himself with the leadoff double and scoring the winning run. Hopefully Adam will learn from this.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:33 AM
Extreme Fan

BRAVES FANS!!!!!

so last night they hit 8 home runs..and struckout 17 times. why are they afraid to swing the bat?? anywho..they won by 1 run in the 11th i believe

dont wanna jinx it...but...3 game winning streak

and we're reeling in the mets
What a shame: What a shame: To judge a life that you can't change: The choir sings: Church bells ring: So won't you give this man his wings: What a shame: To have to beg you to see: We're not all the same: What a shame
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009
leytonjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey thanks for jinxing them yesterday Casey. Yesterday`s game was one of those games where hardly anything went right for them. Hopefully they`ll shake it off and get it back going tonight. BTW i love your avatar of Layne Staley.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

What a crappy homestand it`s been so far for the Braves. I`m very disappointed with their play lately, especially with the pitching. It just hasn`t been very good lately. Plus the offense has looked good at times, but for the most part has been hurt by having to come back most of the time and not being able to get the big hit(i.e. late in last night`s game). The fellas really need to regroup and get it back going against the Nationals.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Braves finally got a win! I was very relieved to finally see them win again last night. Horacio pitched a solid game to get the win and Adam and Andruw helped sparked the offense with home runs. Hopefully last night`s win will be the start of a new winning streak.

BTW have y`all noticed the Fu Manchus some of the guys have going? I think Smoltzie has the best one, while Adam and Jeff`s are barely noticable. I`m sure the guys give them a hard time about it. Still whatever changes that helps the guys win is always welcome.

Also is it just me or does Horacio look a lot like Adam Brody? He really looks very similar to him. In fact i`m going to nickname him Seth Cohen. Also i think that Brian McCann looks very much like Simpsons character Martin Prince and Wilson Betemit looks a little like Kanye West. Just my opinion.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well the recent homestand was a disaster. I still can`t believe that the Braves won only 2 games the whole time. I haven`t seen this happen to them in a while. They pretty much lost every way possible. Right now i think this road trip that will start in Houston will be a good thing. BTW don`t forget to put in your votes for the fellas in the 2006 All-Star Online Ballot. Right now Andruw is among the leaders in votes for NL outfielders. So we have to do our part to get him more votes to be the leading vote getter in NL outfielders. Plus we`ve got to get a push going to get Edgar in the starting lineup at shortstop. There`s no way we can lead those Cardinals fans get away with stuffing the ballot by having David Eckstein ahead of Edgar.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Things sure are tough all over in the ATL. The Braves really made a nice comeback after Frenchie hit the 3 run homer in the 7th to give the Braves a 5-3 lead. However things went terribly wrong once again with the bullpen. Macay McBride got off to a great start, striking out Big Papi and Manny, but then couldn`t get anyone else out. Then Chad Parado came in and he was even worst. It was so frustrating to see the bullpen blow yet another lead, especially after Frenchie`s homer give them such a boost. It`s just been terrible seeing all this losing. It`s just like the bad old days. The effort is still there from the fellas, but it just hasn`t come together. Everytime they get some good offense, the pitching suck ass or vice versa. It`s so tough watching all this losing. Right now the fellas really need to somehow put it together and start winning again. They need to come out with a desperate nothing to lose attitude, because right now their chances of even making the playoffs is getting slimmer.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Braves got back on the winning track with a 5-2 win over the Yankees last night. Horacio pitched a very good game. He got into a couple of jams, but did an excellent job of getting of them. Plus i have to say that i really loved it when he struck out A-Rod, who has been getting booed a lot lately. I guest Yankee fans are finally coming around to how much he can`t come through in the clutch. Anyway the rubber game is later this afternoon with Smoltzie scheduled to be on the hill. Hopefully his groin injury has healed up, although you never know about these things.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Today`s game pretty much summed up the season to date. The Braves had the lead a couple of times, but the bullpen once again blew it not once but twice. Jorge Sosa sucked ass out there again, giving up that home run to that sucky pretty boy A-Rod. When that ball left the yard, i didn`t even get mad and throw anything. I felt in a way that it wasn`t surprising to see that happen since it`s been a weekly deal for much of the season. It`s very frustrating seeing the Braves lose games like this again, but it`s even more frustrating when it`s against the Yankees. Anyway day off tomorrow. So we`re spared anymore crappy baseball for now. The fellas really need to get some homecooking going these last two series against the Orioles and Cardinals before the All Star break. Right now i`m desperate for some wins.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Braves looked very impressive for the first time in a while with a 10-3 win over the Orioles. Horacio pitched another very good game together. He did a great job of getting out of a couple of jams. Horacio has been the best of the starters as of late. The offense finally put it together by putting 10 runs on the board. So it`s 2 out of 3 from the O`s, which is a much needed series win. Next up is the Cardinals. So the fellas need to keep it going.

BTW Andruw, Brian McCann, and Edgar made the NL All-Star team as reserves. So congrats to them. I tried as best as i can to get at least one of them in the starting lineup, but you can only do so much against about 4 million Mets fans. Still i`m glad that they`ll be representing the Braves in the All-Star Game and hope they do well in the game next week.