Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

Athletes Good On Their Own?

Ok, we see players like Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, KEvin Garnett who seem to be rightfully awesome with little or no support. The question, what are your thoughts on players such as Scottie Pippen(jordan), Montana/Rice, Emmitt Smith(Ivrin, Aikman, the O-line), who have the numbers and the Rings, but had a damn good supporting cast or that superstar with him, do you think they would have shined had they been placed alone like the others?

[ 12-26-2003: Message edited General Jiang Wei ]
Old 12-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Scottie Pippen never would have been so highly regarded if he didn't play with Michael Jordan. He is one of the most overrated players of the last 20 years. He was good, but not first and second-team All-NBA like he used to make.

-Will
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Milt Palacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 12:22 AM
MST Manager

Scottie Pippen was the first person I thought of, although I enjoyed his game most of the time.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:31 PM
MST Manager

Perhaps, we could talk about this some more. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]